The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Trying to escape the slow lane...

orvvro

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 14, 2023
After finishing university 2 years ago, I hoped I'd get my own business off the ground with a genius idea I didn't have. I tried to self-teach but didn't have discipline, and got distracted easily. Eventually my father told me I had to pay rent if I didn't start working, and I could live with them for free if I started working. So I started working full time as a software engineer and consultant (C/C++, Python among many other things).

I turned 24 last Friday and realized that I don't want to continue like this... My circumstances are relatively great: I can work remotely, made good profits with stocks and crypto, hardly have any liabilities and 0 debt. This is the perfect moment to start my own business, and today I even got a sign from above; I got rejected for 2 client projects this morning, right after starting to read the millionaire fastlane yesterday. Time to quit my job and start my own business! Still have a lot of reading to do. You'd say I'm off to a good start, but I'm lacking the mindset (and obviously, I'm also lacking the support from family). Goal now is to just get anything off the ground, doesn't need to be some genius AI-infused 3d-model generator kind of idea. Still have no concrete idea though. I hope to connect with people on this forum and learn a lot. Have a great day :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tau Ceti

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
330%
Sep 15, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
After finishing university 2 years ago, I hoped I'd get my own business off the ground with a genius idea I didn't have. I tried to self-teach but didn't have discipline, and got distracted easily. Eventually my father told me I had to pay rent if I didn't start working, and I could live with them for free if I started working. So I started working full time as a software engineer and consultant (C/C++, Python among many other things).

I turned 24 last Friday and realized that I don't want to continue like this... My circumstances are relatively great: I can work remotely, made good profits with stocks and crypto, hardly have any liabilities and 0 debt. This is the perfect moment to start my own business, and today I even got a sign from above; I got rejected for 2 client projects this morning, right after starting to read the millionaire fastlane yesterday. Time to quit my job and start my own business! Still have a lot of reading to do. You'd say I'm off to a good start, but I'm lacking the mindset (and obviously, I'm also lacking the support from family). Goal now is to just get anything off the ground, doesn't need to be some genius AI-infused 3d-model generator kind of idea. Still have no concrete idea though. I hope to connect with people on this forum and learn a lot. Have a great day :)
Thanks for your intro.

I am software developer as well.
One thing I will advise you not to do is to quit your job without having a stable income from your business first.

The fastlane does not have to be all or nothing.

You can still work on your fastlane business before and after your day job. It requires grit and some discipline but it avoids putting yourself in an even tougher situation.
You ll see that most people on the forum keep their day job or keep freelancing until they get their business of the ground.

Once your business generates a few thousands per month consistently, then you can start winding down the freelancing or go part time at your day job.

The goal is to extend your runway as much as possible.

It is very rare that someone builds something that works on the first try. Most people try 2,3 4 or even a dozen times before finding something that becomes a business that is profitable and sustainable.

Myself, I am on my 4th try and I am starting to see some traction on my project. If I had quit my job 18 months ago when I started my other(failed) projects, I would be homeless by now.

In any case, I am not telling you what to do but just beware. Too many people come on the forum writing that they will quit their job and get their business going and after a few months have to go back to full time employment because they are broke.

This isnt a race. Take your time and make calculated bets.

Good luck.

J-Dawg

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 14, 2023

Orvvro, I am in a very similar situation however i do not share the same luxuries of being able to work remotely or having no liabilities. I am an aspiring entrepreneur with many ideas, and no experience writing code. Id love to share some with you and gain some feedback from an actual software engineer standpoint.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...