- Joined
- May 26, 2021
- Messages
- 12
Rep Bank
$235
$235
User Power: 117%
I’m not a fan of a huge wall of text so I’ll try to list out the life events pertinent to my career / this forum
Here’s a list of the past couple of years and what I’ve been up to
18 years old
2012 - Finish High school and start attending college like a lot of my friends
Started my undergraduate in medicine because my parents told me it was a good idea
Also when I started taking on student loan debt to attend an out of the state university
20 years old
2014 - Read MJ DeMarco's Millionaire fast lane
Still walking in the slow lane the opposite way and taking on more student loan debt
I also read a lot of slow lane financial books around that time so it took some time for the information to hit me
22 years old
2016 - Dropped out of college, decide to no longer pursue medicine, and refuse to take on more debt
All of my peers and inner circle believe I’m either crazy or an idiot for not getting a college degree in anything even if it’s useless
A lot of conversations about how I’m going to be a loser in life and how useful “good” debt can be for getting ahead in life
23 years old
2017 - Seriously started learning how to code and program websites for free
Moved out to the Bay Area and started attending technology meetups
Started dropping a lot of peers and friends who weren’t moving in this direction
26 years old
2020 - Landed my first full-time Software Engineering role and started barely making a six-figure income during pandemic lockdown
Started getting praise from the same people who believed I was an idiot or crazy a couple of years ago for dropping out of college
Considered “successful” by slow lane standards but still had to pay off student loans
27 years old
2021 - Followed a slow lane guru’s baby steps to pay off all my student loans (no other debt) and became debt-free
Saved an emergency fund of 6 months expenses and refuse to go back into debt again for any reason
Joined the fast lane forum and started lurking the site
Looking forward, since I already have the skills for building out a website I was looking to get into drop shipping / eCommerce
I plan on starting with a year of emergency fund savings and company stock
Regardless of any setbacks, my start date is 2 months out March 1st 2022
5 years from now I want to be a millionaire at 31 and buy some “bargain” property in cash at a foreclosure or estate for a primary residence
10 years from now ideally have a single or multiple businesses started/sold
Outside of work, exercise, and reading some books I don’t plan on doing anything else outside of Entrepreneurship
Not looking to buy expensive stuff to show off to other people or to create envy/jealousy in others (I’m a minimalist)
I want to buy back some time in my life and have Financial Independence (skipping the retire early portion)
Co-void and the Pandemic taught me that even if you follow the slow lane you can’t control being fired from your job or a stock market crash
I would prefer to make $1 million dollars while I'm young since no one is guaranteed tomorrow
Trust the process
Here’s a list of the past couple of years and what I’ve been up to
18 years old
2012 - Finish High school and start attending college like a lot of my friends
Started my undergraduate in medicine because my parents told me it was a good idea
Also when I started taking on student loan debt to attend an out of the state university
20 years old
2014 - Read MJ DeMarco's Millionaire fast lane
Still walking in the slow lane the opposite way and taking on more student loan debt
I also read a lot of slow lane financial books around that time so it took some time for the information to hit me
22 years old
2016 - Dropped out of college, decide to no longer pursue medicine, and refuse to take on more debt
All of my peers and inner circle believe I’m either crazy or an idiot for not getting a college degree in anything even if it’s useless
A lot of conversations about how I’m going to be a loser in life and how useful “good” debt can be for getting ahead in life
23 years old
2017 - Seriously started learning how to code and program websites for free
Moved out to the Bay Area and started attending technology meetups
Started dropping a lot of peers and friends who weren’t moving in this direction
26 years old
2020 - Landed my first full-time Software Engineering role and started barely making a six-figure income during pandemic lockdown
Started getting praise from the same people who believed I was an idiot or crazy a couple of years ago for dropping out of college
Considered “successful” by slow lane standards but still had to pay off student loans
27 years old
2021 - Followed a slow lane guru’s baby steps to pay off all my student loans (no other debt) and became debt-free
Saved an emergency fund of 6 months expenses and refuse to go back into debt again for any reason
Joined the fast lane forum and started lurking the site
Looking forward, since I already have the skills for building out a website I was looking to get into drop shipping / eCommerce
I plan on starting with a year of emergency fund savings and company stock
Regardless of any setbacks, my start date is 2 months out March 1st 2022
5 years from now I want to be a millionaire at 31 and buy some “bargain” property in cash at a foreclosure or estate for a primary residence
10 years from now ideally have a single or multiple businesses started/sold
Outside of work, exercise, and reading some books I don’t plan on doing anything else outside of Entrepreneurship
Not looking to buy expensive stuff to show off to other people or to create envy/jealousy in others (I’m a minimalist)
I want to buy back some time in my life and have Financial Independence (skipping the retire early portion)
Co-void and the Pandemic taught me that even if you follow the slow lane you can’t control being fired from your job or a stock market crash
I would prefer to make $1 million dollars while I'm young since no one is guaranteed tomorrow
Trust the process
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
