The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Trends in Digital Marketing

Marketing, social media, advertising

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
Semi-post covid I think ranking high on google is everything at least locally. FB ads are ok, but you're still relying on interrupt marketing at the end of the day.

Going forward I also think that other platforms like duck duck go might be worth looking into to rank on as well because of how people are beginning to hate big tech more broadly.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MattL

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 31, 2014
Finland
Semi-post covid I think ranking high on google is everything at least locally. FB ads are ok, but you're still relying on interrupt marketing at the end of the day.

Going forward I also think that other platforms like duck duck go might be worth looking into to rank on as well because of how people are beginning to hate big tech more broadly.
Don't discount Bing if you're going to look at alternatives to the G.

Noticed my parents use Bing for their searching... It's not like they see any difference. They type in their query and get their result.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Don't discount Bing if you're going to look at alternatives to the G.

Noticed my parents use Bing for their searching... It's not like they see any difference. They type in their query and get their result.
Bing is the default search engine on Edge, and this new Edge is quite good I must say, from a consumer standpoint. Like, yeah Bing was the default on Internet Explorer, which has had to be the biggest internet meme of the past 20 years, but Edge is on a completely different level.

Actively replacing Edge isn't even remotely appealing, it's legit a great consumer browser. Internet Explorer's main use was to download other browsers.

I expect more and more people to switch to Bing in the near future because of this. Plus, Google's recent behavior is...worrisome to say the least. As the user above you said, big G is losing a lot of trust. Microsoft is also big tech, but I feel like they really turned it around in the past 2-3 years. I trust them way more now than I did 10 years ago.

johnriyano

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 9, 2021
India
Top 10 trends in Digital Marketing you must know:-
1. Blogging
2. Affiliate marketing
3. Youtuber
4. Online consultancy
5. Using social media platforms
6. AI in marketing
7. International Ads
8. Email Marketing
9. Quora Marketing
10. Influencer Marketing

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Use your eyes and ears and see what people are paying attention to, what is becoming popular or losing ground, and how the best companies are doing things.

The best thing to do is reverse engineer a sale and put yourself in the shoes of the consumer. You start at the top of most likely ways you would find a company to do business with in whatever industry your company is in and go down the list. If I wanted someone to mow my lawn how would I find someone to do it. I'd google it, I would ask a facebook group, I would use angies list or thumbtack, I would respond to a postcard mailed to me, etc. So you do each of those strategies and put more effort/money into whichever works best. Would you find a lawn care company to do business with because of a blog post? Not likely, especially if you are a local company. 99.9% of the people reading a blog article about lawn care are not in your service area, so it's silly. But hosting an event in your city might be smart, 99% of the people that show up live IN your service area, much better idea. But a blog post might work if you are trying to get affiliate sales from an article recommending the top 5 best antivirus software programs to use.

Put yourself in the shoes of the customer and think about how you'd find someone to do business with and then set yourself up there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.