The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Travel Business

Blue Lion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 30, 2013
Asia
Anyone here had any experience running an online travel company. Packaging and re-selling holiday products?

My thinking is, if you find a decent niche, and can package attractive products together, then subsequently create an online platform to sell them through, the system can be quite automated and passive.

I guess the biggest costs would be developing an e-commerce site. Any idea on the costing for that?

Regarding advertising I guess tap into social media and SEO website for the specific niche holiday.

Interested in hearing all of your thoughts about this business model.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GreenToGold

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
340%
Nov 18, 2013
Been doing this for the last 5 years.

the IT part is easy, tons of eCommerce platform available for free, the Hardest part is the marketing.

Find the demographic "not niche" you want to reach, find profitable ways to reach them, then sell.

SEO isn't a good approach, the best approach is paid advertising, and community building using social media.

Blue Lion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 30, 2013
Asia
Congratulations on doing it for the last 5 years.

I have a couple of questions, any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Do you belong to any "travel business" forums? I've heard of travelbusinessacademy.com - have you heard of this / do you think it's worth joining?

What were some of the mistakes you made during the first year(s) and how did you learn from them?

How many products do you sell? Did you start off with couple and then expand your range?

What are the most profitable ways that you have found to reach you customers? - Have you built up a strong social media presence?

Have you partnered up with any other travel companies to promote each other's products? Is this a good strategy?

Have you "used" all of the travel packages that you sell? Or find similar products in your niche and add them to your range based on customer reviews?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.