- Joined
- May 2, 2016
- Messages
- 24
Rep Bank
$220
$220
User Power: 42%
Hi everyone!
First of all thank you for taking your valuable time to reply to my post.
I'm a translator EN/FR with 13 years experience and want to give back by helping others who are starting in the field.
Might sound boring to others, but I love what I do!
So I had an idea:
>> Why not publish a course for translators english to french.
As you know, ideas are worthless if they don't match a need or solve a problem.
-> My course is sort of a niche: translators english to french (Tech/IT or engineers).
My topics include: translation process and techniques | specifics of translation for IT and tech documents (user guides, white papers, I provide numerous examples with guided translations and exercises) | Common mistakes | Glossaries, Stylistic guides | Thematic and boolean searches | Revisions, proofreading, post-editing | Syntax, punctuation, terminology...
Here's my questions:
- Is it solving a problem or not and how can I find out?
- Where could I collect valuable feedback or information to find my potential customers?
- Could you poke my ideas and give me your perspective?
- Is it obeying the CENTS model from MJ DeMarco? Since it's a course I know for sure it's scalable and also not time dependent once I've created it. I worry for the C E and N.
My course would be 10 hours at 19,99eur, allowing me to target more people.
I know this is very broad and means nothing for now, but I've got to start somewhere.
THANK YOU!
First of all thank you for taking your valuable time to reply to my post.
I'm a translator EN/FR with 13 years experience and want to give back by helping others who are starting in the field.
Might sound boring to others, but I love what I do!
So I had an idea:
>> Why not publish a course for translators english to french.
As you know, ideas are worthless if they don't match a need or solve a problem.
-> My course is sort of a niche: translators english to french (Tech/IT or engineers).
My topics include: translation process and techniques | specifics of translation for IT and tech documents (user guides, white papers, I provide numerous examples with guided translations and exercises) | Common mistakes | Glossaries, Stylistic guides | Thematic and boolean searches | Revisions, proofreading, post-editing | Syntax, punctuation, terminology...
Here's my questions:
- Is it solving a problem or not and how can I find out?
- Where could I collect valuable feedback or information to find my potential customers?
- Could you poke my ideas and give me your perspective?
- Is it obeying the CENTS model from MJ DeMarco? Since it's a course I know for sure it's scalable and also not time dependent once I've created it. I worry for the C E and N.
My course would be 10 hours at 19,99eur, allowing me to target more people.
I know this is very broad and means nothing for now, but I've got to start somewhere.
THANK YOU!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
