The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Training Manual / Procedures

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
any suggestions for training manual / procedure software or what to use?

trying to upgrade our process / procedures to be web based, have drop downs / clickable links, be able to add video links and tips and tricks and a whole lot of how to make a burger mcdonalds pics …. thoughts?

…. might just hire the first pass out to some tech writers …. but want to be able to manage it in house for the future

suggestions so far:
MS word then hire to put it on our website
clickup.com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
I'm not familiar with what you do. Are you trying to create an internal directory for your internal processes/procedures that your employees would reference? Like a centralized, web-based place for SOPs?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
sop's, training manuals, video training, badge systems, process / procedure, links to shortcuts / supersheets / forms / templates / scripts / etc. ...... all dropdown, clickable from online and updateable online.....

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
Maybe you could just opt for an extremely organized Dropbox with clear folder names, etc?

The company I currently work for uses a company called Ascentis to handle all of the payroll, but they also offer what is essentially an employee portal. It includes things like employee benefit info, updating W4, my PTO, a company directory, etc., but it might be able to be configured to include those types of resources as well. Other major payroll companies like ADP likely have something similar.

The employee portal also links to an internal website that includes all of the HR policies, but it could easily be populated with what you're talking about. It's what you're describing - a folder directory with drop-downs and downloadable documents, videos, etc. It's just an internally developed and managed directory that pulls files from an AWS location. That could be a route as well that might cost a bit to create, but would probably be fairly easy to maintain and update.

I might be missing the mark on what you're looking for...

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
SharePoint?

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
I use ClickUp for managing multiple client projects, each of which has multiple issues/tasks, and I really like it. However, I'm not sure it's ideal for what you're describing; I end up creating issues which contain wiki-type info (e.g., remote access instructions, file locations, etc.)--but that's just a clumsy workaround.

Have you considered using a wiki tool/platform?

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
How's this coming? We're starting on procedures, and if you've found a great solution I'd love to steal it.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
How's this coming? We're starting on procedures, and if you've found a great solution I'd love to steal it.
we mapped our entire process on the whiteboard in our 1 hour chet holmes meeting one week ...... then we took our old opps manual and updated it in a rollup outline template in a word file. we started dumping screenshots and video / audio and links to other procedures in. pulled all old procedures and step by step lists we have created into one place [we are here now]. next we'll have an admin clean it up. make a two week pass through it while using it. then final markup. then we'll get it put on wiki for full company / anywhere access restricted by job title.

.... note, not 100% sure how to do all that, it just seems to be the correct path at the moment

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
There's an app called Sweet Process that is literally designed for creating detailed SOPs.

I use Monday.com. It's more pro project management but I found it easy to create SOPs that contain files, images, videos, etc. I like it because you can assign team members and they get notifications so it's easy to communicate with actions rather than always have to explain what you're doing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.