• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Training Manual / Procedures

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by ZCP, Mar 15, 2019 at 1:19 PM.

1. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $26,241
    any suggestions for training manual / procedure software or what to use?

trying to upgrade our process / procedures to be web based, have drop downs / clickable links, be able to add video links and tips and tricks and a whole lot of how to make a burger mcdonalds pics …. thoughts?

…. might just hire the first pass out to some tech writers …. but want to be able to manage it in house for the future

suggestions so far:
    MS word then hire to put it on our website
    clickup.com

Greg R likes this.
  2. r6203

r6203 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,009
    Maybe a Trello board?

3. Merging Left

Merging Left Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,718
    I'm not familiar with what you do. Are you trying to create an internal directory for your internal processes/procedures that your employees would reference? Like a centralized, web-based place for SOPs?

4. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $26,241
    sop's, training manuals, video training, badge systems, process / procedure, links to shortcuts / supersheets / forms / templates / scripts / etc. ...... all dropdown, clickable from online and updateable online.....

5. Merging Left

Merging Left Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,718
    Maybe you could just opt for an extremely organized Dropbox with clear folder names, etc?

The company I currently work for uses a company called Ascentis to handle all of the payroll, but they also offer what is essentially an employee portal. It includes things like employee benefit info, updating W4, my PTO, a company directory, etc., but it might be able to be configured to include those types of resources as well. Other major payroll companies like ADP likely have something similar.

The employee portal also links to an internal website that includes all of the HR policies, but it could easily be populated with what you're talking about. It's what you're describing - a folder directory with drop-downs and downloadable documents, videos, etc. It's just an internally developed and managed directory that pulls files from an AWS location. That could be a route as well that might cost a bit to create, but would probably be fairly easy to maintain and update.

I might be missing the mark on what you're looking for...

6. CareCPA

CareCPA Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $13,189
    SharePoint?

7. NMdad

NMdad Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,083
    I use ClickUp for managing multiple client projects, each of which has multiple issues/tasks, and I really like it. However, I'm not sure it's ideal for what you're describing; I end up creating issues which contain wiki-type info (e.g., remote access instructions, file locations, etc.)--but that's just a clumsy workaround.

Have you considered using a wiki tool/platform?

8. ZCP

Rep Bank:
    $26,241
    Greg R likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.