The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Training Manual / Procedures

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
any suggestions for training manual / procedure software or what to use?

trying to upgrade our process / procedures to be web based, have drop downs / clickable links, be able to add video links and tips and tricks and a whole lot of how to make a burger mcdonalds pics …. thoughts?

…. might just hire the first pass out to some tech writers …. but want to be able to manage it in house for the future

suggestions so far:
MS word then hire to put it on our website
clickup.com

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 20, 2014
I'm not familiar with what you do. Are you trying to create an internal directory for your internal processes/procedures that your employees would reference? Like a centralized, web-based place for SOPs?

OP
OP
ZCP

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
sop's, training manuals, video training, badge systems, process / procedure, links to shortcuts / supersheets / forms / templates / scripts / etc. ...... all dropdown, clickable from online and updateable online.....

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 20, 2014
Maybe you could just opt for an extremely organized Dropbox with clear folder names, etc?

The company I currently work for uses a company called Ascentis to handle all of the payroll, but they also offer what is essentially an employee portal. It includes things like employee benefit info, updating W4, my PTO, a company directory, etc., but it might be able to be configured to include those types of resources as well. Other major payroll companies like ADP likely have something similar.

The employee portal also links to an internal website that includes all of the HR policies, but it could easily be populated with what you're talking about. It's what you're describing - a folder directory with drop-downs and downloadable documents, videos, etc. It's just an internally developed and managed directory that pulls files from an AWS location. That could be a route as well that might cost a bit to create, but would probably be fairly easy to maintain and update.

I might be missing the mark on what you're looking for...

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
SharePoint?

NMdad

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
I use ClickUp for managing multiple client projects, each of which has multiple issues/tasks, and I really like it. However, I'm not sure it's ideal for what you're describing; I end up creating issues which contain wiki-type info (e.g., remote access instructions, file locations, etc.)--but that's just a clumsy workaround.

Have you considered using a wiki tool/platform?

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
How's this coming? We're starting on procedures, and if you've found a great solution I'd love to steal it.

404profound

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 27, 2017
Desert of Desertion
for process mapping definitely visio or draw.io

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
ZCP

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
How's this coming? We're starting on procedures, and if you've found a great solution I'd love to steal it.
we mapped our entire process on the whiteboard in our 1 hour chet holmes meeting one week ...... then we took our old opps manual and updated it in a rollup outline template in a word file. we started dumping screenshots and video / audio and links to other procedures in. pulled all old procedures and step by step lists we have created into one place [we are here now]. next we'll have an admin clean it up. make a two week pass through it while using it. then final markup. then we'll get it put on wiki for full company / anywhere access restricted by job title.

.... note, not 100% sure how to do all that, it just seems to be the correct path at the moment

GoodluckChuck

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 2, 2017
my house
There's an app called Sweet Process that is literally designed for creating detailed SOPs.

I use Monday.com. It's more pro project management but I found it easy to create SOPs that contain files, images, videos, etc. I like it because you can assign team members and they get notifications so it's easy to communicate with actions rather than always have to explain what you're doing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
For those with the "can web design be Fastlane" question this video by @MJ DeMarco is a great...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom