The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Trademark URL?

sulli

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jul 26, 2007
Is it necessary to trademark your URL or website name if it will become a brand-able name?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nomadjanet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 28, 2007
TX
Maybe I am wrong, but why would you want to trademark it? If someone uses it and a prospect clicks on it they would come to your site. I guess an exception to this might be that if you thought someone could use your url as a name for a business that had a bad model and therefore would reflect poorly on your business. I really have never thought about this issue an I own several url's so anyone out there have any input?
Janet

GoldenEggs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 4, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA
I used to work as a patent paralegal and started working on trademarks before I left. I am not sure why but we trademarked urls. For example, if your website was named pens.com, we would register it as pens.com.

sulli

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jul 26, 2007
Thank you Janet and Golden for your response. Golden - your experience tells me that this is definitely something that needs to be investigated. Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lucas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Oct 7, 2007
Don't forget that there are many URLs with the same name... microsoft.com, microsoft.org, microsoft.net, microsoft.biz, microsoft.info, microsoft.ws, microsoft.co.uk, microsoft.cn, etc etc

Exodia

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 20, 2007
Yup this is the information i was looking for. It is passible to trademark your website name?
is there a web site that will tell me more info about trademark my site?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.