- Joined
- Jun 8, 2013
- Messages
- 477
Rep Bank
$1,330
$1,330
User Power: 156%
If any of you have been following the case study at my site, you know I'm working on a niche site project called "Enerjuiced."
It came to my attention yesterday, that a very closely related term, "Enerjuice" is being used by several people/companies and is even trademarked by some nutri company. From the research I've done, it seems that the trademark holder attempted to launch a product under the name (trademark is from 1991 and renewed in 2005), and has since abandoned it.
I can't find anything about the product they released on Google or elsewhere. Trademarks last roughly 10 years, so they may be letting it expire in the next 1-2 years. It's hard to tell. They don't appear to be using the term commercially, which is why I think they may be letting it expire. Because, from what I understand, you must be using the trademark commercially for it to remain valid. You can't trademark-squat.
The other people using the "enerjuice" name seem to be small, local smoothie shops around the US. They appear to be mom-and-pop type operations.
The online usage of the term is pretty much zero, as I think someone is squatting on the main domain (it's parked) and the social media profiles are also all over the map.
For my name (Enerjuiced), I own the associated .com and social media profiles and all that, and I had really wanted to build a brand out of this name. However, I'm a little leery of running into trouble down the road and I don't really know what my options would be.
Can anyone with any experience in this field offer me any advice?
It came to my attention yesterday, that a very closely related term, "Enerjuice" is being used by several people/companies and is even trademarked by some nutri company. From the research I've done, it seems that the trademark holder attempted to launch a product under the name (trademark is from 1991 and renewed in 2005), and has since abandoned it.
I can't find anything about the product they released on Google or elsewhere. Trademarks last roughly 10 years, so they may be letting it expire in the next 1-2 years. It's hard to tell. They don't appear to be using the term commercially, which is why I think they may be letting it expire. Because, from what I understand, you must be using the trademark commercially for it to remain valid. You can't trademark-squat.
The other people using the "enerjuice" name seem to be small, local smoothie shops around the US. They appear to be mom-and-pop type operations.
The online usage of the term is pretty much zero, as I think someone is squatting on the main domain (it's parked) and the social media profiles are also all over the map.
For my name (Enerjuiced), I own the associated .com and social media profiles and all that, and I had really wanted to build a brand out of this name. However, I'm a little leery of running into trouble down the road and I don't really know what my options would be.
Can anyone with any experience in this field offer me any advice?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
