The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tourism Investment - Africa

MurimiWaNjogu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 16, 2021
Hi all.

I am writing this seeking likeminded entrepreneurs wanting to invest with me in the multi-billion Tourism industry in Kenya.

The industry is founded on; Deep cultural values, Wildlife such as the BIG FIVE, Sandy beaches, Geographical diversity, History and Heritage not limited to eco, cultural, sports and conference tourism. There exists the ministry of Tourism which is mandated to formulate policies and market Kenya as a tourist destination this positioning Kenya as a premier tourist destination.

I envision being the most preferred company offering the best tour packages. The clientele is from around the globe hence observing the law of Effection. The destinations will go beyond Kenya, East and Central and entire Africa. The market is still open on reverse for those from here to tour the rest of the world.

Looking for partners outside Africa who will organise for tourists from point of departure while I receive them and make all the arrangements for their travel here guided by their (tourists) preferred itinerary. The other way round applies.

Let us engage for concrete details.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
Driving around Kenya was one of my favorite trips I've taken.

And, in comparison to driving around Ethiopia, other East Africa, or certainly West African driving...
Kenya was the easiest and best. The infrastructure was just better enough to make it much less stressful.
(no checkpoints every 10km for brides/fees, etc).

--
So, I've traveled by many methods around Africa.
And, the #1 thing that seems to stop others from going? Education and lack of comfort with infrastructure.

Glamping is cool. Exotic safaris are fine.
But, generating additional tourism from wealthy countries - it's about making it actually seem 'no-stress' and 'comfortable' compared to (sadly) what most people think of when they think of traveling in Africa.

Education first. Get people to understand (especially Kenyans) are AWESOME.
It's an adventure in a beautiful country.

--
On the basic side of things that add stress and travelers hate:
- Airport transfers
- Finding hotels
- Stopping for bribes/hassles at airport/bus/cities
- Have hot water in every single place.
- Aircon (sorry, but most people want it)

Travel doesn't need to be completely pampered, but, most people aren't into sitting in a hut after 4 hours on a bumpy road chasing animals.

Africa has SOOOO much to offer, so I wish you good luck in getting more people comfortable with making the trip.

MurimiWaNjogu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 16, 2021
Driving around Kenya was one of my favorite trips I've taken.

And, in comparison to driving around Ethiopia, other East Africa, or certainly West African driving...
Kenya was the easiest and best. The infrastructure was just better enough to make it much less stressful.
(no checkpoints every 10km for brides/fees, etc).

--
So, I've traveled by many methods around Africa.
And, the #1 thing that seems to stop others from going? Education and lack of comfort with infrastructure.

Glamping is cool. Exotic safaris are fine.
But, generating additional tourism from wealthy countries - it's about making it actually seem 'no-stress' and 'comfortable' compared to (sadly) what most people think of when they think of traveling in Africa.

Education first. Get people to understand (especially Kenyans) are AWESOME.
It's an adventure in a beautiful country.

--
On the basic side of things that add stress and travelers hate:
- Airport transfers
- Finding hotels
- Stopping for bribes/hassles at airport/bus/cities
- Have hot water in every single place.
- Aircon (sorry, but most people want it)

Travel doesn't need to be completely pampered, but, most people aren't into sitting in a hut after 4 hours on a bumpy road chasing animals.

Africa has SOOOO much to offer, so I wish you good luck in getting more people comfortable with making the trip.
Thanks for the insights. Much appreciated.

Peter Kay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Nov 7, 2019
There are a lot of tour operators in Kenya. Why you?
I had the same question at the end of reading @MurimiWaNjogu 's post. What's making your services exceptional from the so many other safari companies.

I am East African too, staying in Uganda and at the rate safari companies are coming up here in my country, its evident that entry is violated according to CENTS.

OKAY YES, scale can be observed.But what value is provided exceptionally that others dont?.

I think,let's start with this question first.

MurimiWaNjogu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 16, 2021
There are a lot of tour operators in Kenya. Why you?
Thanks for the nudge I know I need to be exemplary good which I have explored hence my invitation to invest. As you can see from my post, I am looking for likeminded someone who is seeing this as a business opportunity then would share all the insights, model and strategy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.