The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Toronto MeetUp

Oven

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Oct 31, 2013
Just wanted to say it was nice meeting all of you, unfortunately I didn't get a good chance to speak with everyone very much because we had so many people but I enjoyed our meetup and hope to see you guys again sometime.

ped89

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Jun 17, 2013
Hey guys,
Sorry I missed the meet-up, had a family party I had to go to.

Hope the meetup was awesome.

I was thinking... Would anyone be interested in a Private Toronto Fastlaners Facebook Group?

Place we could all help each other, throw ideas out, validate, shoot the shit, collaborate etc. etc.

I suggest facebook because groups on it seem to usually have a high level of interaction.
If you're down to join shoot me a PM with your facebook URL and I will set it up and add you.

Cheers

hotshot

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 24, 2012
Ontario
Just wanted to say it was nice meeting all of you, unfortunately I didn't get a good chance to speak with everyone very much because we had so many people but I enjoyed our meetup and hope to see you guys again sometime.

Absolutely! It was a good time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Absolutely! It was a good time.

Thanks for coming out everyone, it's always good meeting cool like-minded people.

I suggest facebook because groups on it seem to usually have a high level of interaction.
If you're down to join shoot me a PM with your facebook URL and I will set it up and add you.

count me in buddy.

Oven

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Oct 31, 2013
Any of you guys planning on attending the startup weekend coming up in Toronto? If you don't know what it is, it's basically a bunch of people pitch ideas for businesses surrounding a certain topic. This time the topic is "solving some of the world’s biggest social and environmental challenges". After everyone pitches the best ideas are voted on and everyone splits up into teams and you have 54 hours to build a basic business concept. After you pitch it to a panel of judges. The winning teams gets some prizes that'll help them turn it into a real business.

I attended last year and my team built a business and had 2 sales within 54 hours, pretty powerful stuff! Unfortunately we stopped working on the business after though, but it's common for teams to stay together. According to there site ~53% of the teams continue to work on the business after the event and ~23 continue without the full team. It's honestly an amazing experience, and if you're on the fence about going I would highly recommend it if you are passionate about entrepreneurship. Early bird discounted tickets are available for the next 2 days, maybe we could come up with a business and pitch it? Would be really cool working with other fastlane forum members and building a business, I bet we could even win.

Here's the link for the event: http://toronto.startupweekend.org/

I must have missed this post, did this ever end up happening?

ped89

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Jun 17, 2013
I would be interested in Start Up weekend. Going to have a look at it now and see how it looks.

Oven, I'm setting up the Facebook group just now. Sending you a PM just now.

ped89

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Jun 17, 2013
Starting the Toronto Fastlaners Facebook Group now.

Would be awesome to get all the Toronto based people in on it.

PM me your email addresses if you want in and I can invite you by email.

Either that or PM me your FB url and I will get people added.

Oven

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Oct 31, 2013
I would be interested in Start Up weekend. Going to have a look at it now and see how it looks.
If you're under 29 I'd get a ticket tomorrow if you're gonna go since it's only $40. If you like entrepreneurship you're definitely going to enjoy it. Last one I went to I loved, it's a great atmosphere and a good opportunity to do some networking as well, they have times specifically dedicated to networking. If we could get a few people from here to go as well we could probably come up with a pretty kick a$$ business. If you guys have any questions about it feel free to ask.

ped89

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Jun 17, 2013
Private message me with your facebook URL or the email address you use with facebook

Turner

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 27, 2012
Calgary, AB, Canada
I am based out west in Calgary - otherwise I would be there with you guys. I would definitely like to be a part of the FB group as I have family in the GTA and get there often & a complete move out east is never out of the question.

Edit: I can't seem to find out how to PM - perhaps because I am new user... Can you PM me ped89?

Ryan

ped89

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Jun 17, 2013
In the Facebook Group we are discussing another Toronto Fastlane Meetup - anyone else interested in this?

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Yea. If you guys could update here it would be good, so more Fastlaners from TO can see and the ones who don't have Facebook. Thanks.

Oven

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Oct 31, 2013
Once we figure out a good date/time/place we'll post it here as well. We want to do it before the end of January, need to figure out all the details first though. Please post the days you can come if possible.

JohnZ123

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 23, 2014
Hey I want to join the facebook group as well but I can't pm you for some reason

nausbot

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jul 7, 2013
London, Canada
Anyone going to Dx3 next week? I'm heading down on the 5th and would be interested in meeting up if anyone is interested!

Oven

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Oct 31, 2013

HD_edacity

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Mar 12, 2013
Toronto
Wow can't believe i'd never heard of this and its for free too, for the most part. I might head down if this flu lets up a little, i'm only about a 30 min bus ride out.

moolah

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Wow can't believe i'd never heard of this and its for free too, for the most part. I might head down if this flu lets up a little, i'm only about a 30 min bus ride out.

Same here! No idea something like dx3 existed. Looked over their website and really looks promising. Got an all access pass.

Rich4ever

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 12, 2014
Whens the next meet up just moved to Toronto from Chicago defiantly down for some networking

Oven

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Oct 31, 2013
I'd be willing to have another meetup, but I think we should plan out how we're going to run it a bit better this time. Last time their were too many people and no structure, so lots of people ended up not talking with each other and I think we could do it better.

thunder_god

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Aug 20, 2015
I just found this group. I hope there is another meetup soon? If anyone is interested, I currently run a skype weekly mastermind/meetup group. We currently have 4 members but I think we could fit a few more members if anyone is interested.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
When are we doing this again?

I vote we do this again on Saturday April 23rd, at La Societe, at 1pm.

@ddzc @Silverhawk851 @Oven @ddall @Vick @Jamie T @Stubbers @TheTruth @nzerinto @bamboo @Shdreams @LateStarter @MyronGainz @MoneyDoc @BEBOLD @Phillipbro @BGLefty @redlineryder @bizguy4life

If you're down, or would rather suggest a different date, don't keep your mouth shut: post it here
I'm in Florida right now. I'll keep an eye on this thread. If I'm up there around the meetup time, I'll def come up.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
When are we doing this again?

I vote we do this again on Saturday April 23rd, at La Societe, at 1pm.

@ddzc @Silverhawk851 @Oven @ddall @Vick @Jamie T @Stubbers @TheTruth @nzerinto @bamboo @Shdreams @LateStarter @MyronGainz @MoneyDoc @BEBOLD @Phillipbro @BGLefty @redlineryder @bizguy4life

If you're down, or would rather suggest a different date, don't keep your mouth shut: post it here

Apr 23rd looks good for me now, but I've been last minute travelling quite often lately, so I'm going to say I'm tentative until it's closer to the date :D If I'm in town, definitely in.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.