The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tools for optimizing images for better loading speed?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

mve0991

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 5, 2020
The Netherlands
You can automatically compress your images via one of the online compress tools which you can find via Google.

You can also use HTML5 image srcset to serve smaller images for mobile and tablet: Responsive images

Are EM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Sep 10, 2019
It's a good idea to shrink your pixels if it doesn't requires more pixels than your border. I mean if your border is 100x100 pixels, there is no need to fit 1200x800 pixels picture on it, because 100x100 is the right one. You can edit it easily in MAC or using Paint on Windows.

You can use optimizilla.com for optimizing images. You can decrease quality of a picture and lots of megabytes with it. Your picture stays as good as the original one, but a lightweight...

That's what I do for performance

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Does anyone have any tools or tips for optimizing website images for better loading speed?

I'm not using Wordpress, I'm using HTML5/CSS.
Image compression basics:

.png is lossless but a larger file size
.jpg is lossy but a smaller file size

now from within .jpgs you can set the compression. More compression = smaller file but worse quality. Less compression = bigger file but better quality.

If you can use the same image more than once, do that. Then the browser only has to load it once.

If they are return visits, it shouldn't matter because most browsers save images to the cache, so they only have to be loaded once.

Arnaud.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Dec 8, 2019
Hello,
Of course the best optimisation come from the image : size close to used size, multi sizes (phone, tablet, computer if is needed) and compression.
But the second major improvement is lazy loading ! That means the image is not loaded until it is close or on the web view !
Just an other tip, you can lazy load google maps.

Arnaud

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.