The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tools Explained Clearly

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
[FONT=&quot]“Tools Explained"[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]DRILL PRESS[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your beer across the room, denting the freshly-painted project which you had carefully set in the corner where nothing could get to it.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WIRE WHEEL[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cleans paint off bolts and then throws them somewhere under the workbench with the speed of light. Also removes fingerprints and hard-earned calluses from fingers in about the time it takes you to say, "Oh, shit!"

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SKILL SAW[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
A portable cutting tool used to make studs too short.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PLIERS[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Used to round off bolt heads. Sometimes used in the creation of blood-blisters.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BELT SANDER[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]An electric sanding tool commonly used to convert minor touch-up jobs into major refinishing jobs.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]HACKSAW[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]One of a family of cutting tools built on the Ouija board principle... It transforms human energy into a crooked, unpredictable motion, and the more you attempt to influence its course, the more dismal your future becomes.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]VISE-GRIPS[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Generally used after pliers to completely round off bolt heads. If nothing else is available, they can also be used to transfer intense welding heat to the palm of your hand.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]OXYACETYLENE TORCH[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Used almost entirely for lighting various flammable objects in your shop on fire. Also handy for igniting the grease inside the wheel hub out of which you want to remove a bearing race..

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TABLE SAW[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A large stationary power tool commonly used to launch wood projectiles for testing wall integrity.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]HYDRAULIC FLOOR JACK[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Used for lowering an automobile to the ground after you have installed your new brake shoes, trapping the jack handle firmly under the bumper.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BAND SAW[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
A large stationary power saw primarily used by most shops to cut good aluminum sheet into smaller pieces that more easily fit into the trash can after you cut on the inside of the line instead of the outside edge.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Normally used to stab the vacuum seals under lids or for opening old-style paper-and-tin oil cans and splashing oil on your shirt; but can also be used, as the name
Implies, to strip out Phillips screw heads.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]STRAIGHT SCREWDRIVER[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
A tool for opening paint cans. Sometimes used to convert common slotted screws into non-removable screws and butchering your palms.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PRY BAR[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A tool used to crumple the metal surrounding that clip or bracket you needed to remove in order to replace a 50 cent part.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]HOSE CUTTER[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
A tool used to make hoses too short.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]HAMMER[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the object we are trying to hit.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]UTILITY KNIFE[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Used to open and slice through the contents of cardboard cartons delivered to your front door; works particularly well on contents such as seats, vinyl records, liquids in plastic bottles, collector magazines, refund checks, and rubber or plastic parts. Especially useful for slicing work clothes, but only while in use..

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Son of a bitch TOOL[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling "Son of a bitch" at the top of your lungs. It is also, most often, the next tool that you will need.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
[FONT=&quot]“Tools Explained"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Being a motorcycle guy who raced for many years, I have spent my fair share of time in the garage. I have now gone back to the post to reread it 3 times. It is hilarious. I keep thinking of how I have misused tools on so many occasions that have ended up in severe pain. There is a reason I kept the beer in the garage fridge; it makes a great cold pack and pain killer if used in generous portions.

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
I almost missed this one. Glad I got curious.
lol

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
lol, there is nothing like the right tool tho!

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST:
A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

My favorite. Especially when you have to find that part you forgot when it fails the tensile strength test.

Brootal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jun 30, 2009
Virginia
STRAIGHT SCREWDRIVER:
A tool for opening paint cans. Sometimes used to convert common slotted screws into non-removable screws and butchering your palms.

Simply incredible. Thanks for the laugh!

Phantom309

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Feb 23, 2010
Panama City,FL
This was good one. I laughed the whole, and the pliers is so true, and the line man pliers are the worlds best at giving blood blisters, I have two on my birdie finger healing as we speak. On a up note the plies turned into the SOB tool and is still laying under my motorcycle.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.