The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tony Robbins, Gary Vaynerchuk national achievers seminar

JustinBoshans

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 14, 2013
I'm at this seminar in Nashville and it started off great! The first speaker did a great presentation about how to get moving, motivated etc. There were a couple more pump up speakers.

At this point we're about an hour in. The next speaker did an hour long presentation which was just to get people to buy $1000 tickets to a real estate seminar. Of course people ran like sheep to the back of the room to sign up while I sat there shaking my head.

Now the next speakers up and he's talking about building wealth through the stock market. Sigh.

I should've done this earlief but I started doing some research. Turns out Gary Vee has presented as a hologram in the past. I'm really hoping that's not the case today.

Daymond John is also supposed to speak but I suspect another hologram.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
He even talked about Warren Buffett making money through stocks.

Well that's how he did it, no? He logged into eTrade in 1966 and bought a few General Electric shares. Now he's now a billionaire. Duh.

The next speaker did an hour long presentation which was just to get people to buy $1000 tickets to a real estate seminar.

I see nothing has changed in 30 years. You'll get some minor content which is the big greasing for the big ticket items to be sold later. More cattle to run to the back armed with credit cards...

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
I'm at this seminar in Nashville and it started off great! The first speaker did a great presentation about how to get moving, motivated etc. There were a couple more pump up speakers.
Very cool to hear your experience!
I've been seeing the ads for it here in Nashville for the past month on YouTube, my Instagram feed, etc. NOTHING in those ads hinted that there would be a recorded hologram of Gary Vee speaking. It was all very very clear that you would be seeing him and Tony Robbins on the same stage.
I mean, you might as well bring in a VHS for the class.

Maybe sour grapes on my part... I am kinda interested in going to one of those things, but everything I've heard was that it's just a sales presentation that you have to pay to watch.

JustinBoshans

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 14, 2013
Sooooo it got better. Daymond John was actually here and gave a fantastic presentation that provided a ton of value. He even talked about providing value to customers, basing your business on nereds, guerilla marketing, and doing whatever it takes to get your business going.

I'll keep updating

struka

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 22, 2018
TN
I wanted to attend this when I saw ads all over Nashville but a quick online search told me not to attend after seeing all the horror stories. Keep us posted.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How did end up? Did Tony show? GaryV? Was it a sales presentation disguised as a seminar?

Give up the DEETS!

JustinBoshans

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 14, 2013
How did end up? Did Tony show? GaryV? Was it a sales presentation disguised as a seminar?

Give up the DEETS!

Alright. Tony, Gary, and Daymond all showed up in the flesh, and killed it.

I've been listening to and reading Tony's stuff for about 8 years, so most of it was a refresher for me. He did pitch Unleash the Power within for about a minute then got back into his presentation which was 4 hours long. He did do this new exercise at the end where you closer your eyes and visualize bringing your goals and your purpose into your heart and I actually shed tears and was shivering a bit. Not a dry eye in the house.

Watching him live was a lot more powerful then watching youtube videos but I learned a few tricks. One, when they ask the audience questions, most of the time they're not listening for actual audience answers. They just pretend to hear one and call it out so it is scripted, but I get it. I'm sure they've tweaked those answers over time like a comedian tweaks their jokes.

Gary and Daymond both killed their presentations with zero pitches. Gary's was the most real. He said don't buy any of my shit, just watch what I'm doing on youtube, instagram, etc. He also had a bit where he said " I have a secret website you can go to to find out all of my secrets. Are you ready? Write this down. G-O-O-G_L-E." Which was hilarious.

All of the other speakers were just okay. I missed the first 2 the second day but heard they were just as salesy as the first days first 2 speakers.

It was usually about 20 minutes of value, then 40 minutes of pitching their program.

The one that I believe was 100% a pitch was Dean Graziosi's. It sounded good at first. He was talking about how the self help industry will be increasing from a 300 million a day industry to a 1 billion a day industry. I was like wow cool awesome! Then when he started pitching his software that does everything for you to set up coaching webinar's etc. (granted you're an expert in your field already) I knew it was just a pitch.

They had a giveaway between each speaker, and I swear they had actors planted in the audience. The same guy won 2 days in a row for being the person with the most energy. He got up on stage and danced around and then left without being told or prompted to like clock work. Could just be me over-analyzing things but something felt off.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
giphy.gif

Please SEARCH before posting.