The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tonight I Am Going to Die...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
This is not a clickbait. I am going to die tonight...and reborn tomorrow.

From 31st of July I am beginning a process of brainwashing myself for success. Something similar to what @Fox did HERE (I didn't know similar thread already exists). So, I am going to kill Current Me and witness a birth of New Me tomorrow morning.

I Had Already Died Multiple Times Before

My first death occurred when my girlfriend left me. From a positive guy I had turned into a depressive, suicidal sack of meat. I had spent a good year fighting my inner demons and finally recovered. I had returned stronger, more positive and a lot more disciplined - so disciplined that I had managed to slaughter my UNI assignments in just a few days, whereas it had taken months for others to finish them. I had became immune to panic, anxiety and negativity...

Second death occurred when my several businesses failed. I had lost most of my savings, turned into a sugar addict and doughnut lover and soon forgot what being happy and positive felt like. I had become a magnet of negativity - gravitating towards negative people and spending my days contemplating how unfair our world is...

Current Me

It's somewhat weird opening-up, but I am just a random guy sitting behind the computer screen in the comfort of his own room, right? Ok, let's get to the real deal:

I am still overweight (125kg), negative, depressed, battling with anxiety, suffering from analysis paralysis, master procrastinator and more... I am known as a guy who can never relax, be positive and is usually spending his days voluntarily locked up in his own room...

Tonight this guy is going to die. Simple as that. I am going to hit the switch.

New Me

As soon as I open my eyes tomorrow morning I will start living my life differently. I will brainwash myself into believing that old me had died and new me has just born. A New Me who has a first empty page of his new life book open and ready to be filled-up with new experiences.

A New Me, who will be a positive guy. Who is stronger than ever. Person who faces all fears there and then, instead of procrastinating and hiding under the blanket. I will kick Current Me not only from a driver's seat, but from a car altogether. There's no space for negative creatures in my car...this car is changing direction!

PROCESS

Daily Organizer

Monday to Saturday:

5-5:30 Meditation
5:30-7:30 Working on a Business
7:30-8:00 Running With My Dog
8:30-9:30 Gym
10:00-16:30 Working on a Business
16:30-17:00 Break
17:00-22:00 Working on a Business
22:00-23:00 Reading Business Book (no phone 1h prior to sleep)

Diet

Ketogenic diet has changed my life before, so I'll stick to it again. My daily kcal intake will be ~1500kcal, 20g carbs, 50g of good fats, roughly 80g of protein and plenty of water. In addition, I will take 400mg of caffeine and 200mg of L-Theanine twice a day, every day.

Things I Will Cut Out

Social Media - I still spend too much time on it. Procrastinating big time
Negative Thinking - I will replace it with positive confirmations and visualisations
Living in The Future - I will replace this with living in the present via meditation
Thinking Like a Victim - this will be replaced with thinking like a champion

30 DAY OBJECTIVE

1. Drop to 100kg
2. Make at Least €150 a Week From a New Business
3. Become More Positive
4. Feel Better About Myself

I will update this thread on a weekly basis

Thanks for Reading!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
I don't know what kind of schedule you're running now, but I would suggest incremental changes over a massive change all at once. If you try to change too much too quickly, it will be much harder to succeed vs slowly changing into this person you want to be.

Best of luck.

TheNewRich

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
May 17, 2017
usa
Nice man! It will be hard at first but after the first 30 days, most of it will just develop into habits!
You should put a huge poster/sign above your bed/doors etc to remind you when you wake up also possibly keeping a journal for morning thoughts and affirmations might help aswell!

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Hey I'm with you. I have gone through that stage too everything that has happened to you has happened to me. For real it's like we are experiencing the same life.

So today the old me dies too. Let's die together and grow stronger. Let's forget the past and focus on the now and enjoy it. Lets think about the future and how glorious it will be.

Please don't waver on your new direction if you want an accountability buddy message me I'll be there for you. Send me your goals and update me on your progress every week.

This will take a lot of discipline and struggle but we are not losers so let's do it to win it.

Today I pledge to take a new direction in my life. Let the members of this forum be wintess to my transformation.

Tomorrow I'll start a progress thread as a diary and update it every week.

Nily

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 27, 2016
Sydney
Intermittent fasting can be in your fat blasting arsenal if you want to try. This method has kept me from bloating for the past year. 3/6/9000 meals a day is another Scripted bullshit.

Main gist: 16 hours fasting (absolute no food) and 8 hours eating window.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
Love it. You do it bro. I'm rooting for you. I'm going to give you advice based on my life experiences, take it or leave it.

Daily Organizer

Monday to Saturday:
What happened to Sunday? You don't want to improve and be a better you on Sundays? Don't waste a day.

1. Drop to 100kg in 30 days
I think this is a terrible goal. I've struggled with weight loss and from my experience setting a goal weight for a specific time is a bad idea. You end up not hitting it and feeling like shit and possibly gaining weight from depression of being a POS who can't hit goals. Even if you make progress and lose 9kg in 30 days you still missed the goal. Instead what has worked for me is this:
Diet
Ketogenic diet has changed my life before, so I'll stick to it again. My daily kcal intake will be ~1500kcal, 20g carbs, 50g of good fats, roughly 80g of protein and plenty of water. In addition, I will take 400mg of caffeine and 200mg of L-Theanine twice a day, every day.
What you said here about your diet should be the goal. This meal plan you listed is a great DAILY goal. Focus on this diet every single day one day at a time. Keep track of your weight and adjust the goal diet to what the scale says. Lost weight? stick with that daily meal plan. Maintained or gained?? Adjust the daily goal. Framing it this way has helped me so much.

2. Make at Least €150 a Week From a New Business
3. Become More Positive
4. Feel Better About Myself
#2 should be broken down more into how you're going to accomplish that. I'm assuming you have already done this but writing it just in case you didn't
#3 and #4 are bad goals. How can you know if you feel better about yourself? What if you feel good about yourself on day 30 and you accomplished your goal but the next day you feel bad about yourself? You can't measure this very well. I think you need to focus on an identity shift.

Things I Will Cut Out

Social Media - I still spend too much time on it. Procrastinating big time
Negative Thinking - I will replace it with positive confirmations and visualisations
Living in The Future - I will replace this with living in the present via meditation
Thinking Like a Victim - this will be replaced with thinking like a champion
Instead of cutting things out, change your identity. Literally repeat to yourself thinks like "I am an optimistic person" "I am positive and believe the world is full of opportunity" "I am a hard worker" "I think like a champion" etc. etc. You can't just get rid of your personality overnight by saying "RIP bitch I'm a new man tomorrow!" but you can say my examples above to the mirror everyday and eventually you will agree with them and become them.

I like what you want to do here. I just think you need to frame things differently in order to get to where you want to be.

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Intermittent fasting can be in your fat blasting arsenal if you want to try. This method has kept me from bloating for the past year. 3/6/9000 meals a day is another Scripted bullshit.

Main gist: 16 hours fasting (absolute no food) and 8 hours eating window.
This doesn't really work because once you get to the 8 hour window you'll be so hungry that most people will go on a food binge. They'll run to the nearest McDonald's and think that since they already fasted it's ok to eat all they want for the next 8 hours.

Cutting down on your carbohydrates works a lot better.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
This doesn't really work because once you get to the 8 hour window you'll be so hungry that most people will go on a food binge. They'll run to the nearest McDonald's and think that since they already fasted it's ok to eat all they want for the next 8 hours.

Cutting down on your carbohydrates works a lot better.
For some people it is harder than others. The beauty of IF is you can do it however you want. If you struggle with the 16:8 try a 12:12 once that becomes easy go to a 13:11 and when that gets easy repeat until you get to a 16:8 or 20:4 or whatever you want for your life.

IF is a great tool for losing weight and ESPECIALLY great for keeping weight off, but only if used properly/wisely.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Not trying to be Debbie downer here haha

But,

In MJ's books he talks about "events" versus "process".

Getting wealthy is a process, not an event. You work and work and work, all the while adjusting your actions to get the results you want. One day you look back and say "Holy crap! I'm doing pretty well!"

That same thinking applies here I think.

Is the goal "drop 10kg" or should the goal be "I no longer buy potato chips" ?

Is the goal "stop being negative" or should the goal be "next time something negative comes up I will literally LAUGH at it" ? (this works so well, I laugh at everything that isn't super serious like a death in the family or something)

You've created this high pressure event for yourself here. But WHAT will you do to change?

Beating anxiety and locking yourself in your room for example. What does beating anxiety look like?

"today when I go grocery shopping I will make eye contact with one person"
"today when I go grocery shopping I will make eye contact with one person and smile"
"today when I go grocery shopping I will make eye contact with 2 people, smile at both, and not use self-checkout"
"today when I go grocery shopping I will make eye contact with 2 people, smile at both, and pick the checkout line with the best looking gal running the register. If I talk to her, fine. If not, that's fine too. If I use her checkout, I succeeded"
"today I will make that phone call I have been delaying. I will laugh out loud before the call to calm myself, and after the call I will stand up, put my arms in the air and yell YES, I DID IT!"

It's the process that make's the event a reality, not the event that make's the process a reality.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
That same thinking applies here I think.

Yea, he needs to get this narrowed down to a daily target, an actionable step/process that occurs daily. Otherwise action-faking becomes a big risk here. Chapter 11 (The Shortcut Scam) in Unscripted has a good breakdown on how to make this more actionable and achievable.

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
Good job on realising what situation you are in - and congratulation on changing it.

I've been in your shoes, in a really similar situation.
It took me a lot of tries to get out of the cyle - and the ones that failed looked a lot like your approach.
Here's what I've done recently to finally make a successfull leap with lasting change:

TLDR:
1. Change requires discipline and a lot of energy. Changing your whole life at the same time will cost you too much energy - and it won't work.
2. Instead of changing every aspect of your life, just change one. Sit down and analyse your life to find out what to change:
a) What do I really really want in the near future?
b) What problem do I really really want to erase out of my life? Is the problem the reason for your situation or the result of your situation?
c) What will make the other problems disappear or make change easier?​
3. Break the one change down:
a) Goal: Operationalise the goal, give it a number (2000€/month), an event (moving out) or a setting (Asking out a girl without breaking down). Whatever makes it possible to put an objective "archieved" behind the goal.
b) Process: What daily action will get you to your goal? How can you structure your task to put an objective "done" behind it?​
4. Create a routine whichs only purpose is to support your one daily action towards your goal. Don't use it for a different goal!
Personal Example:
I wanted to do daily quality work. My morning routine exists to give me enough energy and focus to concentrate on doing quality work.
To gain energy, I'm working out every morning and take a cold shower. Yes, it has a health benefit - but I intentionally created a simple, strict and fast workout-routine. I don't have to decide on what exercise comes next, and I don't have to decide on whether or not I can do more reps or more weight. Yes, having a more flexible weight system will give me more health benefits - but right now, that is not my intention. This has boundaries - don't do something stupid as taking steroids each morning to gain maximum energy!
5. Print out a calender showing the whole year and hang it above your desk. Everyday you succeed to do your one task, fill the day out with a green pen. If you fail, fill it out with red and write the reason you failed next to the calender. Your goal: Don't break the streak.

That's it. If you've done your daily task, feel free to work on the rest. If you manage to change more aspects, awesome. If not, no problem - you already worked on changing the most important thing.

Do this until your daily task becomes effortless and does not require much discipline to do. Maybe you will even forget to fill out the calender because it is not longer a challenge.

Then you can take on the new most important thing.

While I do bravo your motivation to change your whole world - don't do it. Start smaller.

I used to think my FTM was bad enough to keep me through the infamous 30 day period - and if it's not enough, I will help it with discipline.

I thought it every single time.
Because in the moment, the situation feels so bad that you want to do everything to escape.

And it works, for a few days. But then something happens - stressfull day at work, bad night of sleep or a general feeling of helplessness.
Whatever it is, the last thing you want to do is follow your long, strict routine - because change takes a lot of energy.

For most of the time, it went like this:
F*ck-this moment --> Decision I won't take this anymore --> Perfect strategy & routine --> Failure after a few days or weeks
In the end, I'm still in the same situation, except I am now concious about it and know I failed escaping.

I'm writing this so I hope you don't go through the same cyle!

Keep us updated, I hope you make it.
Life is so much better once you actively change and steer into the right direction :)

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
I absolutely understand what you are yearning for, and it all boils down to building a better you, since we hold that power to create the life we desire.

You know, I strongly agree that both the books are certainly applicable to any aspect of life, specifically where MJ mentions in Unscripted (and as most of us have experienced) that it's important to just 'throw ourselves in' and work things from there as we go along.

As we know well, entrepreneurship isn't just about building wealth, but it's also about creating an attitude, mentality and wellness circulated on the premise of Value; for me, I began my changes slowly, but definitely I am enjoying my journey, not specifically recommending you do same, as from one individual to the other, we differ; however, I began by changing my mindset and the way I did basic things, and other things began following, I will not in any way, form or manner claim perfection, as we're all on a journey of elevation and it often requires us to continuously change accordingly.

Exercising, was one of my huge challenges, sometimes, I'd begin and then in no time, due to schedules etc., I'd stop for days at a time; also, when doing my workout, I'd do a whole host of different things, which possibly made it a bit monotonous for me; so, the last time when I began (again) I decided to create a workout regime that I felt comfortable with; now, I work out Sunday to Sunday, even where I may decide I'm taking a particular day off, I don't, I get into my regime and I'm at it. So far, I have been recognising amazing results and that alone is great motivation to keep at it, which is why I actually look forward to getting it done Sunday to Sunday.

I also think that sometimes we are really just too hard on ourselves (though it is absolutely necessary to be); however, what happens is that in being so hard on ourselves we set unrealistic goals (not saying yours are - I mean this generally) and that can lead us to failure before we even begin.

What you can look into is the basic items you need to work on to get you to where you want to be and specifically why is it important for you to do so? I think whenever we get to the why of any and everything we do, we immediately calculate the importance of doing those particular things.

I wish you well on your journey of continued elevation and surely believe you will build a better you, exactly how you wish to.

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
For some people it is harder than others. The beauty of IF is you can do it however you want. If you struggle with the 16:8 try a 12:12 once that becomes easy go to a 13:11 and when that gets easy repeat until you get to a 16:8 or 20:4 or whatever you want for your life.

IF is a great tool for losing weight and ESPECIALLY great for keeping weight off, but only if used properly/wisely.

But most people won't use it properly because that's the reason they are fat to begin with. They have no discipline. I tried this diet when I was obese after I stopped using it I was even fatter than before because I binged more.

Esoteric Wealth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Oct 21, 2015
I suggest listening to "Mini Habits" by Stephen Guise on Audible.

I've had a lot of "F*ck this, I'm changing everything" moments too, and they rarely lead to much of anything other than burn out.

Having small, stupidly easy habits that you do daily, is really a game changer.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Hi guys,

Thanks to all for taking your time to write insightful recommendations on how New Me can become a success.

Here are the changes I will be implementing from tomorrow:

1. Instead of turning 3rd gear and pressing pedal to the metal uphill, I will implement a strategy of slow, but constant change. I'll start smoothly by turning 1st gear, then 2nd gear, then 3rd gear and so on... otherwise, I will most likely stop, roll back the hill and crash. Thanks @Duane for this great tip.

2. I will begin writing my daily affirmations and goals in the journal. I enjoy writing. I will write them twice a day - straight when I wake up and before I hit the sack. I also have some posters and targets posted on my wall, directly in front of my working station (I will upload photos at the end of this post). Thanks @shanem56 for your suggestions.

3. I will be sticking to 3 diets at once - Intermittent Fasting, Caloric Deficit and Keto. It's my second day doing it. To put it simply, I will eat one meal, consisting of no more than 1500 kcals, roughly 120g protein, 100g fat, and 20g carbs. I will not eat any processed BS - I will be trying my best to eat as a caveman - meat, fish, some veggies, eggs, etc. Thanks @Nily for IF suggestion.

4. I'll concentrate on an identity shift as recommended by @lewj24. As per question regarding Sunday - I will be using this day to visit nature. Probably spend entire day walking my dog in the forest, which is in a lovely mountainous area or spend few good hours beach walking with my dog and reflecting on my week's accomplishments. It'll be a day I spend reflecting and coming up with strategies how my personal development process could be optimized.

5. As pointed out by @kelvinfernandezm, fat people can rarely stick to strict diets, because they typically have no self-control and discipline. I agree. I had no discipline for like a year now. I spent my days lying in bed, procrastinating and action faking - add emotional over-eating and having no routine whatsoever and you'll get a picture of how 'hard' I battled my depression...

Therefore, my current target will be not to achieve 200 things at once, but, as @Ika mentioned focus on one major change. A change that will most likely have a domino effect and contribute 80% to my identity shift. That single target is becoming disciplined. I will concentrate on a process how I can become a disciplined individual once again, and will create a daily routine that supports this goal - I believe working towards business and health goals and trying to become a disciplined person goes hand in hand.

I am often questioning myself, "am I fat, because I am depressed or am I depressed, because I am fat?". It's like a vicious cycle, every time I felt down and depressed I engaged in an emotional over-eating - by going in the kitchen and wiping all junk food off the shelves, but I felt even worse afterwards. I believe that this over-eating BS was one of the results of my lack of discipline and I think that training my discipline muscle will have a life-changing effect on all other goals. We'll see!

6. Focus on a process, not an event. Thanks @MidwestLandlord for kicking my a$$ on this one. Although I am fully aware of this, I tend to ignore most things I learn and go down the road of ignorance - this shit behavior will jump the fence as this transformation progresses. At the end of the day, my target is not to drop to 90kg or have a Net Worth of €10m; my end goal is becoming the best version of me...make healthy eating and training my lifestyle and part of my identity and make hustle part of my life, instead of seeing it as a pain that has to be endured until I hit a specific target.

7. Have daily, measurable mini-targets. Thanks @MJ DeMarco for kicking this little gem my way! I will re-structure my daily schedule to accommodate measurable mini-targets. Targets that are part of a bigger target, which are part of even bigger target, and so on. I need realistic, doable/actionable daily steps, otherwise I'll be swallowed by the sea of action faking - to be honest, I got swallowed by it today, did nothing particularly meaningful apart of spending my entire day in a nature.

In addition, I read somewhere that every time a person reaches set target, brain releases happy hormones (I think they are called Endorphins) and those happy hormones are pretty addictive - meaning we want to reach even more targets to get more shots of Endorphins. I see it as a good addiction - addicted to reaching set goals.

8. Realize that small habits are a game changer. Authority rights for this suggestion goes to @Richard Espinosa! As simple as it sounds, it's one of those things we tend to overlook. Even small things like waking up and doing 20 push-ups (I wish I could follow @Fox foot-steps and do 100 instead, but the time will come! lol) every day, will contribute towards building discipline, getting better physique and becoming more productive (at least in the morning).
P.S. Today, I will re-structure my daily schedule to accommodate above-mentioned changes.

As personal as it is, here are my goal-tracking tools, which will be re-structured today

10f9e1.jpg

22784e.jpg
Thanks again to all of you amazing guys! I will regularly update my progress and feel free @kelvinfernandezm to jump aboard and make a thread of your own identity transformation - show us and more importantly yourself, what you are capable of!

P.S. This video is a great representation of multiple identities that live within us. I am going to fight until my last breath kicking negative guy out of my car!
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFwzOEMyqsc

Last edited:

TheNewRich

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
May 17, 2017
usa
Another thought maybe you could join some sort of Martial Arts like Jiu Jitsu? It's a great way to exercise, lose weight, and help build discipline not to mention FUN! Possibly something for your Sundays.

You'd be surprised how many successful people credit discipline to martial arts.
Just a thought.

Looks awesome so far! Keep at it!
If you'd like to, watch these two videos of Brian Tracy! Game Changers for me.
Brian Tracy on Productivity
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBy5CMXs0qg

Brian Tracy 10 rules of Success
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9872lbJj6no

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
In addition to what others are saying - 1600 calories is a bit extreme at your weight. You will deplete your energy. This is a marathon.

Check out Calorie Calculator - Scooby's Home Workouts - my guess is you need to be eating about 2200 calories a day which should still be well below maintenance for you.

You said you weigh 110 kg and want to hit 100 kg in 30 days? You are going to need to lose 1/3rd of a kilogram (or .7 pounds) EVERY DAY. THAT IS NUTS!

Even 2 pounds a week is very aggressive, so I say if you want to be aggressive shoot for 8 pounds (3.5 kg) by the end of the 30 days.

This may sound discouraging, but you know what is more discouraging? Setting unrealistic goals and failing to reach them. Your goals need to be ACTIONABLE - meaning that the decisions you make every day will lead you to them.

You'd literally have to starve yourself to hit your 10kg goal and thus it is not actionable.

Don't burn yourself out man.

Use the calculator and find out how much you need to eat each day and get the estimate of how many pounds you will lose a week and project that to the end of the 30 days. Good luck!

EDIT: I'm going to add that you should definitely read the book "The Twelve Week Year" - amazing book. I personally believe it is the most effective approach to goal setting and execution. Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Last edited:

TheNewRich

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
May 17, 2017
usa
You could also try a 30 Day Juicing fast/cleanse. You'll see fast results up to 25-40lbs but it's grueling....you definitely have to have the determination and the right mindset, for it will test your willpower.

Last edited:

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Some good reads on process vs event:

Why Your Choices Suck And Haven’t Changed Anything! – Fastlane Entrepreneurs

How To Accomplish Anything – Don’t Be A Goal-Setting Loser! – Fastlane Entrepreneurs

Anyway,

In the book Mini Habits, the author talks about breaking down goals to as small as they HAVE to be in order to NEVER fail. He broke his goals down into ridiculously small steps.

One example from his book was going to the gym. He broke the steps down all the way to "put on workout cloths"

All he had to do was put his gym shorts on and he made his goal. He didn't even have to go to the gym. Stupid right? But it WORKS. Of course, he found that putting on his gym shorts, and having made his goal, made him want to go to the gym. But not always, sometimes that's as far as he got. But he still succeeded in meeting his goal.

After some time, the goal changed to "put workout cloths on and drive to the gym". Even if he never went in the gym, he still succeeded in meeting his goal.

I STILL do this with weight lifting, I've lifted for 10 years, and the gym is in my garage! My only goal is to GET IN THE GYM. After that, "shit, I might as well lift while I'm in here!"

Wanna do 100 push ups? Do ONE. Thats it, just one. If you do more, great. But the goal is ONE.

This is why I don't really set goals. It's SO EASY to action fake when you are on step #1 and the goal is at step #3,487,987 (give or take a million)

So with all of your over thinking about your goals (I know an "over thinker" when I see one haha)...

WHAT IS STEP #1?? (Make the steps so small that you cannot fail)

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
4 DAY PROGRESS
1. Lost 2-3kg.
2. Finished 70% of my website - will be ready to launch in the weekend.
3. Didn't cheat my diet at all.

MAIN CHALLENGES
1. Temporary carb flu symptoms: tired, headache, fatigue, anxiety, achy muscles and extreme brain fog.
2. Due to brain fog, fatigue and anxiety it's extremely difficult concentrating on a business development.
3. Waking up at 5am is still difficult target to reach due to my inability to hit the sack at the right time.

*Will Update My Progress on Sunday - Thanks for Tuning in!*

abrakamowse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 11, 2017
New Jersey
That's awesome Almantas! I like your daily schedule. I'm working on something similar myself. Your post is a big help. Keep pushing yourself!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

BeFound Faithful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Dec 19, 2015
Southern California
Some good reads on process vs event:

Why Your Choices Suck And Haven’t Changed Anything! – Fastlane Entrepreneurs

How To Accomplish Anything – Don’t Be A Goal-Setting Loser! – Fastlane Entrepreneurs

Anyway,

In the book Mini Habits, the author talks about breaking down goals to as small as they HAVE to be in order to NEVER fail. He broke his goals down into ridiculously small steps.

One example from his book was going to the gym. He broke the steps down all the way to "put on workout cloths"

All he had to do was put his gym shorts on and he made his goal. He didn't even have to go to the gym. Stupid right? But it WORKS. Of course, he found that putting on his gym shorts, and having made his goal, made him want to go to the gym. But not always, sometimes that's as far as he got. But he still succeeded in meeting his goal.

After some time, the goal changed to "put workout cloths on and drive to the gym". Even if he never went in the gym, he still succeeded in meeting his goal.

I STILL do this with weight lifting, I've lifted for 10 years, and the gym is in my garage! My only goal is to GET IN THE GYM. After that, "shit, I might as well lift while I'm in here!"

Wanna do 100 push ups? Do ONE. Thats it, just one. If you do more, great. But the goal is ONE.

This is why I don't really set goals. It's SO EASY to action fake when you are on step #1 and the goal is at step #3,487,987 (give or take a million)

So with all of your over thinking about your goals (I know an "over thinker" when I see one haha)...

WHAT IS STEP #1?? (Make the steps so small that you cannot fail)

Some great resources and different perspective on goals.

Having tried the huge effort approach with failure after failure, and learning that will power is a limited resource but habits create their own momentum, I'm convinced.

Good choices are much easier when our habits support them.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
4 DAY PROGRESS
1. Lost 2-3kg.
2. Finished 70% of my website - will be ready to launch in the weekend.
3. Didn't cheat my diet at all.

MAIN CHALLENGES
1. Temporary carb flu symptoms: tired, headache, fatigue, anxiety, achy muscles and extreme brain fog.
2. Due to brain fog, fatigue and anxiety it's extremely difficult concentrating on a business development.
3. Waking up at 5am is still difficult target to reach due to my inability to hit the sack at the right time.

*Will Update My Progress on Sunday - Thanks for Tuning in!*

After seeing this update I want to just nail home my last message: take it slow and steady with the weight loss. It takes 3500 calories to lose or gain a pound of fat depending on whether you are in a surplus or deficit. At your weight you need about 3300 calories a day for maintanence.

That means that by literally starving yourself you could not lose a pound a day (as a member alluded to above with the 25 - 40 pounds). Well... you could lose 25 pounds in a month if you starved yourself.

The point I'm getting to is DON'T DO THIS. It is not sustainable. Pick a sustainable path that will also preserve your mental health.

"Due to brain fog, fatigue and anxiety it's extremely difficult concentrating on a business development." These are literally the exact symptoms of not eating enough. Feed your body and mind what it needs and shoot for losing 2 pounds a week if you want to be ambitious.

I don't want to beat a dead horse but this is very important. I wish you the best man.

Btw, a lot of initial weight loss is water weight from the change in diet. Expect for it to have large fluctuations and even seem to plateau. Don't let this discourage you.

Last edited:

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
UPDATE

Achievements
1. Lost another 2 kg, which is as @MrSterlock pointed out is probably a water loss. Nonetheless, feels great.
2. L-Theanine has kicked in - feeling a lot more positive.
3. Didn't miss a single gym work out.

Following Week Goals (Events)
1. Finish Direct-Sales Website.
2. Finish Affiliate-Sales Website.
3. Finish Affiliate Website.
4. Develop Monthly Marketing Plan.
5. Drop another 3kg.
6. Meditate for 10 minutes, twice a day.
7. Finish a book about web applications.
8. Get Used to Talking in English With Lithuanian Friends.

Strategic Changes I've Made

I've re-programmed my goals and daily routine (please see attached photos).
2. I've divided my day into sub-targets (please see attached photos).

***THIS THREAD WILL BE UPDATED ON 13TH OF AUGUST 2017***

110c92.jpg

22ce37.jpg

300b48.jpg

4e15a5.jpg

Last edited:

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
UPDATE

Last week was a disaster. If you want an inspirational story or some taste of success, move on. This update is about failure.

I could make up something and pretend I killed last week by losing 20kg and making 20k from a business I've just started. But that would be a total nonsense and I am in this forum to provide value and not to bullshit anyone. Last week was a 90% failure, didn't even come close to my targets, but I wasn't too disappointed. Why? Because I finally starting to understand my unconscious toxic thinking and what triggers cause them and am finally semi-aware of how those triggers could be manipulated into delivering different results.

After-all this thread is about process and processes are not always about success and happiness. Maybe this thread is not going to be the most inspirational thread, but it'll definitively be one of the most honest and transparent progress threads on this forum.

RESULTS
- Lost another 8kg - standing at 112kg now
- Didn't miss a single gym workout

MY WEAKNESSES

Mild Depression
- Although it's getting better I am still fighting with bleeding demons. They are bleeding, because I've finally found their weak spot and am aware how they can be slaughtered. Due to this, I've spent most of this weak fighting negative thoughts, such as fear of potential failure when my business lifts-off.

Victim Mode - This is almost gone, but I still heavily live in the past and ask why things happened the way they did. Why did I lose my entire savings (high five figures) when I emotionally invested in my first start-up, why I had a psychologically abusive father growing-up and why once fluent English-speaker is now barely speaking broken English...

Lack of Self-Confidence - This was mainly caused by several factors:
  • First disastrous business failure that swallowed by entire savings
  • Break-up with my first 'love'
  • Gaining 40kg (was 132kg at my heaviest point)
  • Deteriorating communication skills due to depression and isolation
NEXT WEEK'S TARGETS
1) Finish building-up a website
2) Develop a 6 month marketing strategy
3) Don't miss a single gym workout (5/7)
4) Drop another 5kg - bring weight down to 107kg

P.S. Although I have savings to sustain myself for at least a year, I have given myself a deadline to start generating at least €150 a week by the 1st of January. If I fail to achieve this, I'll go back to being a servant to a master and hustle on the side. I am clever, able to succeed and am relatively supported by people around me, but am still bitching around and relying on my past, therefore this is some kind of a prison sentence if I fail to lift my butt and deliver some value to people who need it.

NEXT UPDATE IS DUE ON 20TH OF AUGUST

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.