The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Today's SpaceX Dragon Launch

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
D

Deleted74925

Scientific progress has been made.

I was watching on CNBC (big mistake). They kept highlighting the politics instead of the science and hard work of the engineers. They said "this is the first American launch" about 5 times in 3 minutes. So SCRIPTED.

It's amazing to me how many technologies and innovations come from space technologies. I was just looking at Baseball statistics such as tracking the vehocity of the ball, the spin that a pitcher puts on the ball, and so forth. The sensors that allow for this were invented by NASA for tracking their rockets in flight! It makes me wonder what innovations Space X has been building with their 2.6 billion USD that they can then resuse in Tesla or Solar City or Open AI or The Boring Company or any other of Musk's companies.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Scientific progress has been made.

I was watching on CNBC (big mistake). They kept highlighting the politics instead of the science and hard work of the engineers. They said "this is the first American launch" about 5 times in 3 minutes. So SCRIPTED.

It's amazing to me how many technologies and innovations come from space technologies. I was just looking at Baseball statistics such as tracking the vehocity of the ball, the spin that a pitcher puts on the ball, and so forth. The sensors that allow for this were invented by NASA for tracking their rockets in flight! It makes me wonder what innovations Space X has been building with their 2.6 billion USD that they can then resuse in Tesla or Solar City or Open AI or The Boring Company or any other of Musk's companies.

Thanks for including the list of technologies and innovations--super interesting! Some of the things from the list, TEMPUR foam which is memory foam that you may find in mattresses and pillows. LASIK which can be used in eye procedures. Both from this list of NASA spinoffs.

What's really cool is the rocket landing once again. The fact that we can reuse rockets now is going to save tremendous amounts of resources.

Noo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Apr 21, 2018

Student of engineering here.

Something that I love about that you might find interesting is that there are even competitions of "that" - i.e., apply technology that exists in the space in the "real world", and vice-versa.

They give us technology X, then we have 4 hours (let's suppose it's a small competition) to have an idea and pitch it (even if it's a horrible idea, that doesn't matter, you're there to learn how to pitch and how to think).

One day we had an MIT professor in a video call chatting with us about that process. I'll never forget that day.

There is a lot going on in that world, both for students and professionals (even incubators just for that particular task). It's IN-CRE-DIBLE.

I saw the launch on SpaceX channel. Absolutely amazed. Even the reporters, engineers, etc. were amazing and couldn't hide how proud they were. It was everything about the goal they achieved, and it was beautiful. Everyone was so humble, and we need more of those moments, especially in 2020 - for sure.

The world needs less politic, and more achievements.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
I saw it yesterday the launch and today the attachment and was amazing, it was a victory for the entrepreneurs and a sample of what you can get if you really want it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.