The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Today Is Your Day

Anything related to matters of the mind

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Today is your day. Your day of opportunity. Your day of beauty.

Today is an amazing day. No matter what is going on in your life, be grateful for the opportunity. Life hands you lemons, you make lemonade? Not exactly. You might not make pink lemonade, but love the squeeze. Enjoy the opportunity even if it is not the ride you thought it would be. Open your mind.

Learn to love. Love your worst days and live them like they are the best. Love that you have the ability to think. Love the definition of choice at the cellular level. Love your broken thought processes. You know, the ones that make you hate a fellow man for holding you down. You hold yourself down. Love yourself for being a victim. The first step of change is recognition.

Be appreciative. Appreciate the struggle. Appreciate the opportunity to be faced with checkmate. Get in there and cry your heart out thinking there is no tomorrow. Love it. Embrace it. The faster you start, the quicker you will reach a reasonable plateau of your desire. In time, not always on your time. Think about that. Open your mind. Trust the process.

Thank something. Your god. A person. Yourself. Thankfulness is receptiveness. REALLY think about that! Thank yourself for your mistakes. The doors will be opened for more immediately. You know that road might be Deal's Gap. But that's living. After all, it's what you're here for right?

Do it now. Do it now. Do it now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Yesterday was my 25th anniversary of arriving in California (moved here from the midwest).

Came out here w/$276, no job, no place to live, and knew NO ONE.

Within a week, had

-A job (made over $40K in the next 5 mos)
-A place to live

Took me a bit longer to find some friends, but that's natural. :)

I am incredibly thankful for all the opportunities that I have had these past 25 years.

Looking forward to more amazing adventures . . . :banana: :banana: :Banana:

-Russ H.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Great post Matt--I gotta say I'm a little surprised to hear this from you--what made you post this? ...I was thinking about similar topics last night. :)

...I am in the process of finishing The New Earth--Awakening to Your Life's Purpose, and was deep in thought last night about living in the moment and thankfulness. ...Well, actually, I went to go read at like 8:30 last night and had lights out by 10--and was first deep in thought about the ego, thankfulness, emotional neutrality and its implications...and then started thinking about how it's probably kinda weird to be thinking about topics like that...and then I began to think about how I was in bed at 10pm on a Friday night in Las Vegas, and how I was getting old and weird, lol.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Great post Matt--I gotta say I'm a little surprised to hear this from you--what made you post this? ...I was thinking about similar topics last night. :)

Why would you be surprised? Not the first time something like this came out of my mouth. haha

For two reasons... first, because people get wrapped up in so much bullshit, it's often easy to lose site of much needed mechanics when it comes to the mind. Secondly, for myself. I'm one of those people. I screw this up all the time and need reminders. (even though I rarely see a lot of my posts afterward lol shhhhhhh!)

Also for reflection. The worst times of my life have been the most transforming. I wanted to kill myself sometimes (literally at times), but wouldn't change it for the world now. We learn the most in the extreme.

how I was getting old and weird, lol.

And don't start with this shit or I'll hafta e-slap ya! :fryingpan:

It's just a number; live it like it is!

P.S. - oh and I'm hungover as MOFO! lol prolly somethin to do with it ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.