That is kind of my biggest dilemma with the book
I am a contractor & just send in invoice for the last 2 weeks - number of hours: 124
Yup - that pretty much sums it up - I hate the CTO of the company, I dont have much time other than work - yet I cannot quit - I even got a raise in hourly rates
This year I am already living frugal - I figure I can save as much as 80% of the paycheck - so how can I quit?
I even own stock in the company - fraction of a percent - but still - if the sell it will be worth something (I know - on the other hand - over 99% of my efforts go to fill someone elses pockets)
And another thing is - I am pretty damn good at what I do - Ive seen other contractors work - which is worthless waste of money - so if I quit - I would let down a place where I put in 5 years of hard work - so how can I quit
Or is there a way to eat your cake & have it also - where in addition to 60 hour work week I can start building my own thing
To quit or not to quit?
I am a contractor & just send in invoice for the last 2 weeks - number of hours: 124
Yup - that pretty much sums it up - I hate the CTO of the company, I dont have much time other than work - yet I cannot quit - I even got a raise in hourly rates
This year I am already living frugal - I figure I can save as much as 80% of the paycheck - so how can I quit?
I even own stock in the company - fraction of a percent - but still - if the sell it will be worth something (I know - on the other hand - over 99% of my efforts go to fill someone elses pockets)
And another thing is - I am pretty damn good at what I do - Ive seen other contractors work - which is worthless waste of money - so if I quit - I would let down a place where I put in 5 years of hard work - so how can I quit
Or is there a way to eat your cake & have it also - where in addition to 60 hour work week I can start building my own thing
To quit or not to quit?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
