Whenever I link to another site ... I set it up the link to open in a new browser window.
That much is common sense.
But what when linking to content WITHIN your own site ...?
When (if ever) would you set up a internal link to open in a second browser window ...?
Here is the context which got me thinking about this:
I was setting up my home page on a new blog ... with image menus linking to pages within the blog.
And as I was setting it up ... I was asked to decide whether the new page would open in the same window ... or a different window.
Huh ... (scratching head)
On one hand ... it is not often that you will see a second browser window within the same site. So conventional wisdom suggests to keep it in the same window.
On the other hand ... part of me thinks there may be some advantage to leaving the home page open in a second window. Maybe a second shot at the apple ... or extending the amount of time Google thinks the user is lingering on my home page (SEO boost) ...?
Good question.
What do you think ...?
That much is common sense.
But what when linking to content WITHIN your own site ...?
When (if ever) would you set up a internal link to open in a second browser window ...?
Here is the context which got me thinking about this:
I was setting up my home page on a new blog ... with image menus linking to pages within the blog.
And as I was setting it up ... I was asked to decide whether the new page would open in the same window ... or a different window.
Huh ... (scratching head)
On one hand ... it is not often that you will see a second browser window within the same site. So conventional wisdom suggests to keep it in the same window.
On the other hand ... part of me thinks there may be some advantage to leaving the home page open in a second window. Maybe a second shot at the apple ... or extending the amount of time Google thinks the user is lingering on my home page (SEO boost) ...?
Good question.
What do you think ...?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
