The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

To all Freelancer, How do you manage your project and team

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
I recently got 1 project for app development,
I do not have any experience in freelancing and also not very good with a big project but I am getting paid for learning .

my question is how to manage project and team (now 3 but will increase team size drastically after this project) using free or opensource tools

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted8v369

I recently got 1 project for app development,
I do not have any experience in freelancing and also not very good with a big project but I am getting paid for learning .

my question is how to manage project and team (now 3 but will increase team size drastically after this project) using free or opensource tools
I've used Jira in the past, and find Kanban particularly useful for managing small projects. Be sure to keep in contact with remote teams often, otherwise they tend to sort of drift off.

Edit: Jira isn't free, but it's only about $10 a month for a small team, and you said this is a paid job. You could also try Pipefy, which I think is actually free if I remember correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Photool

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 17, 2020
Orlando Florida
Trello has been hands down one of my favorite go to for project management (it has endless uses) and a friendly interface and allows you to attach team member to different projects , tasks, and "boards aka projects ".

Evernote for note taking and organizing research

Both are free - if your just looking for the best all around for managing projects, content, or multiple moving pieces - Trello .

Find something that works for you.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Trello has been hands down one of my favorite go to for project management (it has endless uses) and a friendly interface and allows you to attach team member to different projects , tasks, and "boards aka projects ".

Evernote for note taking and organizing research

Both are free - if your just looking for the best all around for managing projects, content, or multiple moving pieces - Trello .

Find something that works for you.
Thanks for replying
I think i have not framed my Question correctly.

I do have knowledge about jira, trello Evernote, roam etc..

The thing is i have not used it in practice, I want your process like how you use trello

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Photool

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 17, 2020
Orlando Florida
The thing is i have not used it in practice, I want your process like how you use trello

You do not need more knowledge, you need to practice, and try it . Aka USE it to determine your own process. That is not something I can answer .

Step 1. Pick one - I suggest trello
Step 2. Watch the introduction videos on it
Step 3. USE IT -TEST IT OUT- PLAY WITH IT- EXPERIMENT. That is how you practice, there is no other way other than taking action by using it.

How I use it doesn't matter, its a management tool which allows you to use it how YOU wish - in simple to manage projects (could be used 100's of ways). If you watch the introduction video (click the trello link I put) it will show you different ways to use it. You can also youtube"Trello for project management" if you want more ideas. They also have a whole templates section for free where you can copy a project and use it as a template --> Trello Templates

That should be a good starting point, just jump in using it and you will learn as you go and figure out your own choice / process.

Best wishes and remember have fun and keep it simple

D

Deleted8v369

Thanks for replying
I think i have not framed my Question correctly.

I do have knowledge about jira, trello Evernote, roam etc..

I agree with Photool that you learn just by trying them out.

Though, if you want to be formal and knowledgeable about project management, you'll want to study some project management methodologies.

Agile has been popular in recent years, particularly SCRUM. Agile projects run in interactions and go as long as funding lasts. They are flexible and allow for the client to make as many changes as he can afford. This is a very basic description, you should read a book or find a course for more details.

You'll probably also want to know a waterfall methodology, like Prince 2 (popular in Europe, Australia and New Zealand, though I believe in the USA something else is favoured?) . This is a more traditional and ridgid methodology with set tasks, milestones and deliverables, which can be expressed on a Gantt chart. Big companies and government agencies usually insist on this type of project management.

In reality, often a mix of methodologies are used. For example, it's common to present the client with a waterfall because they want fixed costs and milestones, but to operate using Agile internally.

If you want to jump right in, and since you are only managing a small number of small projects, I would recommend you start by looking at Kanban. It's basically glorified sticky notes, and it's very easy to implement.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.