The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tired of ...!

bigmako

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jan 25, 2008
California
I am very tired ::sleep:

1. The Rat Race
2. Living from paycheck to paycheck
3. Being a slave to a meager salary
4. Never seeming to get ahead
5. Scams on the internet promising you financial success

Anybody else feel this way?

I am desperately trying to build a better life for not only myself, but my family as well!
Working on a very limited income, I somehow managed to send some hard-earned peanuts to programs that I thought would work only to later find out that they were just SCAMS!:cuss:

Please believe me, I am a very dedicated, extremely hard-working, entrepreneurial person who just simply can't find the proper vehicle that will secure myself and my family's future.

I'm wondering if there is even anything out there!

Is there?

Mentors, this is where you step up.

All advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all who respond!:thankyousign:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
What do you want to do? ...There are a million ways to make a million dollars.

AndrewG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 3, 2007
Find out what your passionate about, create a business around it, and the riches will soon follow.

bigmako

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jan 25, 2008
California
I do have a business in mind Andrew, just unsure how to put it together.
I have never had a personal home business and believe in this one.
I just need the steps/process to take first.

tbsells

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 27, 2007
Ohio
Check out the thread "how to develop your plan" by Russ, its excellent. Also, PhxMJ has made some excellent posts that would be helpful. The one I'm thinking of was about not chasing money. It was one of the best posts I've read but I don't remember the title. Can someone help direct BigMako to that thread?

Thanks

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
It would help if you were happy with what you have built so far.

It takes fire, drive, and extreme passion to move past the point of existence. Commitment and dedication to the tasks at hand. Sometimes failure will happen. You need to rise above that and learn.

The real trick is to be able to find something that will allow you to build networth. This is the first step to cashflow and moving out of the ratrace. Building an income producing business that can be sold or adding properties to a portfolio, etc...

Even if you meant this "tongue in cheek", it has a bad flavor to it. Mentor help needs to be earned. It is not an entitlement.

Last edited:

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
From your post I notice too much anger and negativity.

You will get what you focus on. And it seems you keep focusing on what you DON'T want.

You said: I am desperately trying to build a better life for not only myself, but my family as well!

I suggest you spend more time designing that better life that you say you want, and then stop TRYING and just BUILD it. But like I said, it seems that you are focusing more on what's not working for you, instead of thinking on what is what you want.

Whenever I feel like this (especially when any of my tasks don't go as smooth as expected) I go to the Success Stories and read about how others have made it.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
My take on what you have said is that you are wanting someone to show you the easy way out. I agree with the others, take time to read about some of the success stories and put some time in learning what it is that you really want. If you do this you will learn a lot about yourself. Good luck.

Greg

bigmako

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jan 25, 2008
California
Thanks for all the advice!
It was well appreciated.
If I did come off as angry and negative, an apology is well deserved to you all. I am sorry.
As for looking for the easy way out or the comment, "tongue in cheek," this is far from my personality and character!
Mentors are earned here I guess, so I am willing to take those steps in order to be a protege to one.
Thanks again.
I have a lot of reading/research to do.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
Sorry it feels like your best intentions and efforts have fallen flat. We've all felt like that at some time, but the only way to keep this from happening again is to get over it and try something else. We could all be "tired of" those things and a million others, but I've chosen to ignore them and move forward.

The keys that are unlocking doors for me right now are books. Read, read, read. Don't send money to companies promising to get you rich quick. (Guess what: the guys who own those systems are members of this very site... getting richer.)

Write a business plan and build a company.

Autospun

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 14, 2008
"If you want something done right, do it yourself!", Forget the money-making programs and start learning on your own. Stop asking for directions when you have a GPS, just turn it on. No one here can tell you what to do, but yourself. If anything, ask for motivation and you will get it.

David

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 14, 2008
Sydney
I totally agree with Autospun, find out what it is that you want and go get it. All my life I've been blaming people for my failures, only until you accept them and learn to move on, there will be an opportunity on the other side and if you take it you'll be on one hell of a ride. Life always gets better for those who try.

Oh yeh with the scam sites? Do you mind tell me which ones you used?

David

camski

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 24, 2007
Noblesville, IN
I am very tired ::sleep:

1. The Rat Race
2. Living from paycheck to paycheck
3. Being a slave to a meager salary
4. Never seeming to get ahead
5. Scams on the internet promising you financial success

Anybody else feel this way?

I am desperately trying to build a better life for not only myself, but my family as well!
Working on a very limited income, I somehow managed to send some hard-earned peanuts to programs that I thought would work only to later find out that they were just SCAMS!:cuss:

Please believe me, I am a very dedicated, extremely hard-working, entrepreneurial person who just simply can't find the proper vehicle that will secure myself and my family's future.

I'm wondering if there is even anything out there!

Is there?

All advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all who respond!:thankyousign:

Okay I will take some time and get you started but it might not be what you are expecting. The first thing you need to do is some soul searching. Find your why. Why do you want to leave the rat race? Why do you want to own your own business? Figure out what you really want to accomplish and dont say nonspecific stuff like "to be rich". Dont just define what you want, define what it is you NEED! Figure out what you NEED for you to accomplish for you to feel successful. That is your OBJECTIVE! Then set the goals that can make that possible.
when it comes to goalsUse the SMART acronym for your goalsetting. If you dont know what that means here you go:

S - your goal must be specific ( i want to make $1M)

M- your goal must be measurable ( you would measure that in dollars)

A- your goal must be attainable (basically this means it must be possible)

R- your goal must be realistic ( if you are unemployed with no skills it wouldnt be realistic

T- you must set a time limit for your goal to be met ( by 1/31/2010)

Once your goals have been set you then need to take action. DO SOMETHING!!!!! No matter how small and be PERSISTENT in these actions. In fact DO SOMETHING EVEN IF IT IS WRONG!!!! Failure will help you, trust me on this one I can write a laundry list of mine. The smallest action will be like a snowball rolling down the mountain, it will increase in speed and volume. Make sure that every day you do something towards your goals. The bottom line on persistence is this, if you cannot be persistent about your objective it is probably not as much of a need as you think it is. If you really, really, REALLLLLY NEED something, being persistent about achieving it isnt as difficult as you might think.
The problem most people have is that they never define what they really need, they adopt what they THINK everyone wants. Everybody wants to be rich, but very few really feel the NEED. The people who frequent this site NEED wealth. Not for the money but for what it does for them inside.It is the accomplishment of wealth that completes them.
Periodically you need to check your course. Like a captain sailing a ship there are times when you drift off course and need to do a course correction. you might need to alter what you are doing to reach you goals. You might find that your original destination isnt where you want to go, or that your objective has changed. That happens. Then all you do is plot a new course and start again. Remember this is your life and like a large ship it will not turn on a dime, it takes time and effort to turn it completely around. There are no quick or easy fixes.

So to summarize this.

1. Find your NEED and make that your OJECTIVE

2. make GOALS that will help you achieve that OBJECTIVE

3. Be PERSISTENT working towards those GOALS

Now this is not the be all end all of finding your success this is only a place to get started. Oh yeah and I foprgot one thing. VISIT THIS FORUM EVERYDAY!!!! There are people on here a lot smarter and a lot more successful than me and you can learn a lot from them.

kimberland

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 25, 2007
Yep, I'm with Steve.
It is too early for a mentor.
Mentors help with final steps,
not with building from scratch.

Why?

Because there are a lot of dreamers
and not many doers.
I know that I've wasted so much time with dreamers
that now, I ask what a person has done before volunteering help.

Do you know the answers to the questions drafting a business plan asks?
Things like who your target market is, your competition, your price point?
Heck, have you even read the previous threads on this forum on building plans?

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
Do you know the answers to the questions drafting a business plan asks?

Great point! Writing a business plan is as much for yourself as for your investors. Get some books and a template and begin answering those hard questions. The temptation will be to skip the steps that "don't apply." Make them apply! Find the answers, and put them to paper.

Nothing can make your dreams feel more real than to hold the weight of your own 50-page plan in your hand

Now it's time to manifest them...

bigmako

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jan 25, 2008
California
See, that's what I am talking about PEERless!

I was not aware of the template link you posted till now!
Yes, I am sure I would have stumbled onto eventually, but being very, very new at this entrepreneurial game, I was simply uninformed.
So thank you all for the advice. Every word is well considered and will be appropriately applied.
Now, it's time to get to work!

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
I'm glad you appreciate it, BigMako. Speed+ to you too for asking for help.

I'm in no position to be a mentor, but I'm happy to advise anyone on my strategies.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I just need the steps/process to take first.

The proper way to scale a mountain is to not look at the top. Start 10 feet at a time. Starting is often the most difficult but momentum creates more momentum. Whatever path you chose, FOCUS on it.

Check out the thread "how to develop your plan" by Russ, its excellent. Also, PhxMJ has made some excellent posts that would be helpful. The one I'm thinking of was about not chasing money. It was one of the best posts I've read but I don't remember the title. Can someone help direct BigMako to that thread?

Thanks

That is the Entrepreneurial Premise thread ... chasing money typically leads to failure (90% of all businesses fail in 5 years). You can smash those odds by having the right foundation.

bigmako

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jan 25, 2008
California
Thanks for the thread MJ!
Since being here, I have learned so much from all of you!
Everyday, I acquire more and more tools to continue building our future.
I can't thank you enough!

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
bigmako

One of the biggest reasons people fail to follow there dreams or plans even if they have goals and time lines is procrastination, and secondly would be the failure to write down your goals on a daily bases .

Procrastination stems from having an overall picture like you say you do, but not knowing what you have to do today, to get one step closer to the end result(goal) so what do people do they procrastinate and find a new reason everyday why they cant start there dream business or what ever that goal may be….

Here is what you do……….

Make sure that you keep a piece of paper or images of what your goal should be somewhere that you have no choice but to look at it first thing in the morning when you wake up, and when you go to bed ….every day

Here is an example of what I have done in the past, you know those clear cheap plastic picture holders well I wrote down my goals on a piece of paper and put it in one of those picture holders and put it right beside my bed right next to my alarm clock ……and I also made another one and put it on my desk, so I have no choice but to look at it all day all time …..First thing in morning and last thing before bedtime

Secondly and most important is to eliminate procrastination you must and I highly emphasize the must part, write down and achieve something every single day that will get you closer to your month end goal, even if it seems meaningless and small but it will lead to the bigger picture in the end, weather its making a phone call, research, making lists etc….small things will get you motivated and implement a state of accomplishment.

So the bottom line …..Don’t procrastinate and make sure you write something down everyday you are going to accomplish to reach your goal

Just as MJ said a small step at a time ……

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
Really great post, 6.0! Thanks for the content and the actionable items.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.