The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Time to pivot

MTEE1985

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
My wife and I have a jewelry e-commerce store that has stagnated, presumably due to the MASSIVE amount of similar stores.

We have been exploring subscription options that are different than the other ones out there, branching out into a more niche focused than just “jewelry” or maybe just time to close up that shop and pursue other ventures.

Any and all thoughts, ideas etc would be greatly appreciated!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Arun Siva

aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 31, 2016
NORD-TRONDELAG
branching out into a more niche focused than just “jewelry
This may be your best bet. Have you thought of any other areas to pair with your niche?

OP
OP
MTEE1985

MTEE1985

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
Thanks for your thoughts!

I should’ve specified narrowing our focus in the market. Lately many sales have come from people who aren’t using a discount code that is clearly available to them.

These full price sales have been on very unique products so our thought is increasing that focus, less inventory, more unique. Playing the “how low can you go” game is just painful.

My other idea was looking into a subscription service offering complementary products (statement necklace matched with earrings matched with bracelet for example) vs. current services that just seem to send out random items.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom