The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Time to get back up again

hermes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Apr 13, 2016
Hey fastlaners ,

Just a quick intro . I fell out of the fastlaner mentality due to personal issues and passed failed attempts but i'm back with things sorted and ready to kill it! I realized that you cant half a$$ this, if you start on a path you need to narrow your focus and block out the noise. That was my problem i was getting distracted by every new business idea that i would come across.

I tried my hand at (haphazardly) importing and a local service business which could have worked if i had been more dedicated. Skill wise I know a bit of ad words, seo but am mostly a front-end web developer. I know back-end stuff like rails and node but prefer the front-end.

Coming at you from Canada cheers!

-Hermes

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Well I guess you can keep going then. :)

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Hey fastlaners ,

Just a quick intro . I fell out of the fastlaner mentality due to personal issues and passed failed attempts but i'm back with things sorted and ready to kill it! I realized that you cant half a$$ this, if you start on a path you need to narrow your focus and block out the noise. That was my problem i was getting distracted by every new business idea that i would come across.

I tried my hand at (haphazardly) importing and a local service business which could have worked if i had been more dedicated. Skill wise I know a bit of ad words, seo but am mostly a front-end web developer. I know back-end stuff like rails and node but prefer the front-end.

-Hermes

Pfft, whatever man.

This is just a scratch!

You know what happens when you fall?

Lol. You get back up and kill it!

The fact that you fell at all just makes your story better, and makes you RESPECT the fact that you have to really fight, fight, FIGHT to win.

You sound talented.

Get back up and kill it.

It's like one of my favorite parts in the first verse of "Lose Yourself": "Back to the lab again"

You had a service business? Nice. To win at that game is simple: JUST $ELL!

I hope you make lots of money, and then hire that cat in your avatar to do your accounting (he looks smart, like he's good with numbers... although it could just be the tie he's wearing).

axiom

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Dec 6, 2014
Hey fastlaners ,

-Hermes

Nobody worth talking about succeeded without a couple failures first.

If anything it should just give you the fire you need to win this next time around.

Sociable

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 5, 2015
That was my problem i was getting distracted by every new business idea that i would come across.
Yeah, these distraction. I had that as well last year but I recognized that it's time sucking.

Attention is important. How much you focus on something shows if you gonna get that thing.

Get back on track and eliminate every possible distraction dude :)

W4RHRSE

High Speed, Low Drag
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 10, 2016
Central Virginia
Falling is the fun part. It doesn't effect me. I have fallen and failed too many times to count. But I got back up and learned from each.

You got this! Set a plan and DO IT!

Glad to meet you! See you around!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...