The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Time management - which technique?

Choose technique

• ToDo list

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Pomodoro technique

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Eisenhower Matrix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pareto principle

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rafael_PL

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 19, 2017
Wrocław, Poland
Hello guys,

I love planning my daily routines to maximize my effectiveness. There is a lot of strategies, like:

a) classic ToDo lists (with tasks and subtasks)
b) Eisenhower matrix
c) Pareto approach
d) Pomodoro technique

Which one is your favourite? Maybe you mix them? These questions are going to help me a lot because I am working at my own android mobile app. I know there is a lot of it but my concept will provide solution which aren't present in the rest of them.

Best,

Rafał

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
563%
Feb 9, 2016
I've tried a lot of time management strategies, so I think I might be able to add some insight here.

The thing with time management strategies is that you usually end up spending more time managing your strategy than actually getting anything done.

I'd suggest you skip the whole "time management" thing and jump straight to the solution.

1. Energy management
2. Project management

This is where results come from.

When it comes to energy management, I recommend the book "The power of full Engagement" - it's awesome and will definitely help you get more energy.

And when it comes to project management I recommend Asana.
It's free and is all you need to plan projects and get shit done.
No more thinking, only more doing!

With that said, some very basic time management is always necessary. But keep it basic.

My time management is as follows:

I work between 8 am and 6 pm, I take breaks every 2 hours to keep my head clear.

That's it.

I let my energy and project management do the rest.

Rafael_PL

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 19, 2017
Wrocław, Poland
Thanks for your advices but I have little different opinion about time planning. You're absolutely correct if you note literally everything, like "call to grandma" or "eat a dinner". But if you make 3-4 main tasks like:

1. Create first version of gui in my app
2. Call at least to 10 business angels and try to find new funds
3. Read about facebook advertisement system
- 5 webpages
- forum

It very simple, you need only 5 minutes of intense thinking (for example after woke up) what you must do. If task is too complex, just make it simpler by dividing for few subtasks. That's all. If you combine it with Eisenhower matrix it gives really great result (for me).

Generally a lot of software developers works in pomodoro metodology and they say that, it's very usefull technique. But, how I said, I am glad to hear your opinion. Thanks again!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.