The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Please Leave the Politics to CNN and FOX.
    Just a reminder that political topics/memes are prohibited, unless discussed within the realm of business and investment, for example, the impact the new Treasury Secretary might have with BTC. Please help keep the forum free of politics. (And I promise to do better myself!)

Time management - which technique?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Choose technique

• ToDo list

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Pomodoro technique

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Eisenhower Matrix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pareto principle

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rafael_PL

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Jun 19, 2017
Wrocław, Poland
Hello guys,

I love planning my daily routines to maximize my effectiveness. There is a lot of strategies, like:

a) classic ToDo lists (with tasks and subtasks)
b) Eisenhower matrix
c) Pareto approach
d) Pomodoro technique

Which one is your favourite? Maybe you mix them? These questions are going to help me a lot because I am working at my own android mobile app. I know there is a lot of it but my concept will provide solution which aren't present in the rest of them.

Best,

Rafał

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

TheKing

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Feb 9, 2016
I've tried a lot of time management strategies, so I think I might be able to add some insight here.

The thing with time management strategies is that you usually end up spending more time managing your strategy than actually getting anything done.

I'd suggest you skip the whole "time management" thing and jump straight to the solution.

1. Energy management
2. Project management

This is where results come from.

When it comes to energy management, I recommend the book "The power of full Engagement" - it's awesome and will definitely help you get more energy.

And when it comes to project management I recommend Asana.
It's free and is all you need to plan projects and get shit done.
No more thinking, only more doing!

With that said, some very basic time management is always necessary. But keep it basic.

My time management is as follows:

I work between 8 am and 6 pm, I take breaks every 2 hours to keep my head clear.

That's it.

I let my energy and project management do the rest.

Rafael_PL

Contributor
Jun 19, 2017
Wrocław, Poland
Thanks for your advices but I have little different opinion about time planning. You're absolutely correct if you note literally everything, like "call to grandma" or "eat a dinner". But if you make 3-4 main tasks like:

1. Create first version of gui in my app
2. Call at least to 10 business angels and try to find new funds
3. Read about facebook advertisement system
- 5 webpages
- forum

It very simple, you need only 5 minutes of intense thinking (for example after woke up) what you must do. If task is too complex, just make it simpler by dividing for few subtasks. That's all. If you combine it with Eisenhower matrix it gives really great result (for me).

Generally a lot of software developers works in pomodoro metodology and they say that, it's very usefull technique. But, how I said, I am glad to hear your opinion. Thanks again!

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Yeah, your youtube channel is incredible and all the videos I have seen so far are really great...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Finally! I just launched a short story on Kindle (FREE if you have Kindle Unlimited)! After...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
I planned to make a separate post for this video but it is useful here as well for anyone...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Last promo of the year.. Get the training you need now or miss it. Promo Code: FINALHOUR...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
UPDATED POST: Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom