The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Time for a small intro

Esli91

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 9, 2020
Munich, Germany
Hey everyone
i'd like to introduce myself , although its is a bit late as i joined around 4 months ago.
Im Esli 29 years old Egyptian living in Munich, Germany.
My main career expertise lies in the tourism industry, as i worked in tourism companies and tour operators besides studying tourism Bachelor, Diploma, and ending with Masters Degree which i just fulfilled last month here in Germany.
over the years, i was never satisfied with 9-5 jobs, that is why years ago i decided to quit my stable government job and pursued a more adventurous job outside my country. A job which 2 years later on i had to quit to chase more dreams, a better life, and study here in Germany.
Although it sounded right to me back then, it still isn't helping me fulfill any financial freedom. you see ! i had it wrong.
during these years i was only focusing on work and education. I didnt pursue any entrepreneurial opportunities at all.
only last year when i had to work on my Master Thesis, i was always thinking about different topics that would solve real problems. so i ended up writing my thesis about behavioral change towards sustainability in travel. this led me to read a lot about Gamification, Nuding, Beavioral design, and behavioral change theories and frameworks. also during writing my thesis i had a job as a student in product management department at a huge tour operator here. this gave me lots of experience and helped me connect the dots for my thesis. in the end, i ended up building a whole mobile application prototype with 23 screens to test some of my hypotheses on real travelers and validate this idea. The app was perceived positively by all users with only few drawbacks that can be avoided in the actual design process. In the end i managed to get a Note of 1,0 for my Thesis which was so motivating for me to try to work more on this idea from a practical level. However, due to the current situation which has affected the tourism industry badly, i do not see point of working on it right now.
Luckily, i came across the books from @MJ DeMarco and i had to finish both of them. i learned a lot from these books and i am determined to apply what i learned and to fulfill my main dream of adding value and solving real life problems.
recently, i have been working on an idea derived from my main research idea and also based on behavioral design but not focused on the tourism market.
i will be testing it soon to gain some validation and then move to further steps.

I am looking forward to learning a lot from this awesome forum and i will definitely keep you updated once i have any milestones.
thanks everyone , and many thanks @MJ DeMarco
and sorry for the long introduction or any grammatical errors (not a native English speaker).
P.S.: any links to threads here focusing on behavioral design, habits, behavior change or so would be much appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome, sounds like you have some specific insights into your industry.

Good luck and yes, your English is just fine!

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Welcome to the forum. You have done a lot of work and I hope you can put it to good use. You will find many people here willing to help.

I don't have expertise in your field, but my knowledge of marketing psychology might make it possible for me to help. Just ask.

Best Wishes,
Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.