The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thoughts on my execution strategy

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

JWelch

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Aug 12, 2016
Arizona
So here’s the background on my thoughts of executing a new business strategy.

I’ve developed an idea for a website that would service an industry in a way that is currently not being utilized. The closest thing to it would be something like expedia although they wouldn’t really be a competitor just to give everyone an idea. I’ve yet to have started a web based business so this is all new to me.

I’ve been researching and living the industry for a while now and the way I’d like to approach this is to start with a blog and YouTube channel, completely free and transparent to offer help, insight and value to the community through which I would ultimately validate the need for the actual web service, which would launch in about a year.

I think that through the blog and YouTube channel that I could grow the community and establish myself as a recognized and trusted figure in the space before the web launch.

No. 1 Any input or thoughts on this strategy?

No. 2 I would ultimately like to find a name for each of those 3 things that are (virtually) the same name. Can anyone help me with a resource that I can use to go through and check to see if a given name is unused for ALL of these areas (blog name, youtube, domain name)
Thanks folks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
start with a blog and YouTube channel, completely free and transparent to offer help, insight and value to the community through which I would ultimately validate the need for the actual web service, which would launch in about a year
Sounds like a horribly bad strategy. Why waste a year offering free stuff? Build some barebones version of the site and send paid traffic to it.

Can anyone help me with a resource that I can use to go through and check to see if a given name is unused for ALL of these areas (blog name, youtube, domain name)

LMGTFY

JWelch

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Aug 12, 2016
Arizona
Sounds like a horribly bad strategy. Why waste a year offering free stuff? Build some barebones version of the site and send paid traffic to it.

LMGTFY
Well, offering free stuff doesn’t mean I don’t exactly plan to not monetize those two mediums through ads and such.
There just wouldn’t be a direct cash exchange from customers.
The goal would be to develop a trusted audience/customer base to then parlay into actual customers who would use and recommend the product.

Mazino

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 9, 2015
Nice avatar.

I agree that this sounds like a bad strategy. You're talking about spending a year before you even validate your idea. That time would be much better spent interviewing people in your target audience, building a MVP to validate the idea, developing the service, launching, and iterating. And if validation fails, you find out early and can pivot or abandon the idea having only wasted a week or two instead of an entire year.

The exception is if you're truly passionate about the topic and would spend time producing content for this community anyway. Even in that case I'd suggest moving your execution timeline up a bit since your authority won't be a big factor for a web service akin to Expedia.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JWelch

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Aug 12, 2016
Arizona
I see where you guys are coming from.

I’ll scrap these paths altogether then and focus more on the building and development of the site and service itself.
Thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.