So here’s the background on my thoughts of executing a new business strategy.
I’ve developed an idea for a website that would service an industry in a way that is currently not being utilized. The closest thing to it would be something like expedia although they wouldn’t really be a competitor just to give everyone an idea. I’ve yet to have started a web based business so this is all new to me.
I’ve been researching and living the industry for a while now and the way I’d like to approach this is to start with a blog and YouTube channel, completely free and transparent to offer help, insight and value to the community through which I would ultimately validate the need for the actual web service, which would launch in about a year.
I think that through the blog and YouTube channel that I could grow the community and establish myself as a recognized and trusted figure in the space before the web launch.
No. 1 Any input or thoughts on this strategy?
No. 2 I would ultimately like to find a name for each of those 3 things that are (virtually) the same name. Can anyone help me with a resource that I can use to go through and check to see if a given name is unused for ALL of these areas (blog name, youtube, domain name)
Thanks folks.
I’ve developed an idea for a website that would service an industry in a way that is currently not being utilized. The closest thing to it would be something like expedia although they wouldn’t really be a competitor just to give everyone an idea. I’ve yet to have started a web based business so this is all new to me.
I’ve been researching and living the industry for a while now and the way I’d like to approach this is to start with a blog and YouTube channel, completely free and transparent to offer help, insight and value to the community through which I would ultimately validate the need for the actual web service, which would launch in about a year.
I think that through the blog and YouTube channel that I could grow the community and establish myself as a recognized and trusted figure in the space before the web launch.
No. 1 Any input or thoughts on this strategy?
No. 2 I would ultimately like to find a name for each of those 3 things that are (virtually) the same name. Can anyone help me with a resource that I can use to go through and check to see if a given name is unused for ALL of these areas (blog name, youtube, domain name)
Thanks folks.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
