The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Sell-Me Saturday is Now Live!

Have something to sell? Like to post a video from your YouTube channel? Want to promote your design service? Recommend a company? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote whatever you'd like within the realm of entrepreneurship on one central thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

Thoughts needed on new start-up.

S_8890

PARKED
Jul 31, 2019
Hey guys! Just found the community and thought I'd get some insight on the following:

I’m in the process of starting up a company that would let you safely capture and share (under NDA) your idea and store it on the blockchain - making it immutable and essentially provable in court that it belongs to you. All communications - including the very inception of your idea (a PDF, photo of an idea you scribbled onto a napkin at a coffee shop, word doc, etc) can be vaulted into the blockchain, along with evidence of who you've shared it with. It can never be tampered with and can be tracked only by you.

So I'm curious: Have you ever been too paranoid about sharing an original idea you’ve come up with? How have you protected said idea in the past – whether it’s sharing it with colleagues, friends, potential collaborators - all without the risk of it being stolen? Any struggles or bad experiences you've had with this?

Open to any and all feedback - happy to answer questions as well.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

JScott

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Aug 24, 2007
What good is proving an idea is yours? Unless some part of that idea is legally protected intellectual property, someone can steal it without consequence. Storing it on the blockchain provides a nice record, but I don't see how it provides any protection.

Unless I'm missing something fundamental here...

Jaden Jones

Igloo Builder
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 22, 2018
Canada
I get the idea of it, but how would this become part of the legal system? I can prove an idea was mine in other ways, but that doesnt mean its protected.

drpeppehr

Contributor
Jun 10, 2017
USA
Sounds cliche but idea's really aren't shit. Again, ideas aren't worth anything. They are worthless. They are just ideas.

Sure, ideas seem like they're valuable but after time of working on your own businesses or ideas you realize how worthless they are.

A well developed plan, backed with relentless execution and discipline is the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom