The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

THIS is why you are STUCK.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
This is a fact. The process works wonders for their benefit.
Naw man, it's a two way street. I and a lot of my contemporaries gained a ton from The Suck.

Of course I didn't serve in the horrible post Vietnam era, and was lucky enough that I didn't get a limb blown off or worse in combat. I acknowledge that this could have changed my mind set.

I will say that I have met plenty of Marines who have served in the most recent Desert Adventures and I have been just floored at how positive they have been.

*shrug*

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Were you officer or enlisted? Did you ever visit the pit in San Diego?

Our drill instructors once ordered us into the rifle locker room which was no more than a large closet with metal rifle racks inside. They packed 80 of us stacked four deep and locked the door. Some of us were up against the racks. People started panicking and flailing around. I don't know how long we were in there but I could barely breath when they let us out. Most of us were drenched in sweat. There was blood and slobber.

The drill instructors laughed.

Another time they exercised us until we could not move. They took one recruit and did not make him exercise at all. He stood and watched us. The entire time the instructors laid the blame for our misery on this one private. Then they walked into their private office and told us to have at him. A large part of the group jumped him with the intent of causing bodily injury. The drill instructors came back out and punished us for another couple of hours for being disloyal F*cks.

The "pit". We only went there a couple of times but it was pure misery. The drill instructors laughed and joked on the way about what a fun time we were going to have. We did bends and thrusts for what seemed to be an eternity in a large powdery dust bowl. Once we were all covered in sweat, they made us lay down face first and wiggle like worms. They would randomly step on our heads and grind our face in the dust.

Once we were done with this, they led us to the outside wash area where we stripped our clothes off. Still covered in sweat we stood outside for over an hour in 40 degree weather while we took turns washing our clothes in cold water.

They would line us up at attention randomly make fast movements at us. If we reacted they would hit us. They called it self defense if our hands came above our waist.

This is just a few samples of many.

Fighting was prohibited but they would always wait for the fight to finish before administering punishment.

I still have a lump on my jaw from a drill instructor cold-cocking me while I was not ready for it.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
One more thing. I was sick with a bad case of bronchitis for more than two of the three months of boot camp. I would barely sleep at night because of the violent coughing. People around me could not sleep. I made requests to go to sick bay but was refused. "For a cough?" followed by laughter.

I had to go through all the war games out in the cold and rain while sick. I had to go through the tear gas chambers while sick. I came out of the chamber with my face and shirt drenched in blood. But I knew not to complain.

Yes, they toughened up this 17 year old.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Were you officer or enlisted? Did you ever visit the pit in San Diego?

Our drill instructors once ordered us into the rifle locker room which was no more than a large closet with metal rifle racks inside. They packed 80 of us stacked four deep and locked the door. Some of us were up against the racks. People started panicking and flailing around. I don't know how long we were in there but I could barely breath when they let us out. Most of us were drenched in sweat. There was blood and slobber.

The drill instructors laughed.

Another time they exercised us until we could not move. They took one recruit and did not make him exercise at all. He stood and watched us. The entire time the instructors laid the blame for our misery on this one private. Then they walked into their private office and told us to have at him. A large part of the group jumped him with the intent of causing bodily injury. The drill instructors came back out and punished us for another couple of hours for being disloyal F*cks.

The "pit". We only went there a couple of times but it was pure misery. The drill instructors laughed and joked on the way about what a fun time we were going to have. We did bends and thrusts for what seemed to be an eternity in a large powdery dust bowl. Once we were all covered in sweat, they made us lay down face first and wiggle like worms. They would randomly step on our heads and grind our face in the dust.

Once we were done with this, they led us to the outside wash area where we stripped our clothes off. Still covered in sweat we stood outside for over an hour in 40 degree weather while we took turns washing our clothes in cold water.

They would line us up at attention randomly make fast movements at us. If we reacted they would hit us. They called it self defense if our hands came above our waist.

This is just a few samples of many.

Fighting was prohibited but they would always wait for the fight to finish before administering punishment.

I still have a lump on my jaw from a drill instructor cold-cocking me while I was not ready for it.
Jesus man. Things had changed significantly by the early 90s. I am truly fn sorry for what you went through.

And yes, I was enlisted and visited the pit many times in SD.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I am truly fn sorry for what you went through.

No need to be sorry. I signed up for that shit. ;) I did come out of that feeling like nothing would ever be able to break me though.

I got a little carried away with these last couple of posts. I understood the points that you were trying to make. It just set off some triggers.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
No need to be sorry. I signed up for that shit. ;) I did come out of that feeling like nothing would ever be able to break me though.

I got a little carried away with these last couple of posts. I understood the points that you were trying to make. It just set off some triggers.
No worries, man. None at all.

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
I want to be a non-smoker.

NO.

I am a non-smoker.

Then when someone asks, "Cigarette?" It violates your identity to say "Yes" or "Sure, maybe just one." The answer becomes a quick NO.

I didn't finally quit smoking for good until I went from being "someone who quit smoking" to someone who doesn't smoke. Every time I was offered a cigarette, a simple "No thanks, I don't smoke" was all that was needed, instead of the previous "Nah man, I quit X days ago". Just need to stop keeping count and just become the person you want to be internally. "Act as if" type of thing. Act as if you've never smoked before, and conduct yourself accordingly.

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Thanks @AroundTheWorld for the post...needed this one! :)

The thing I noticed when the thinking is Have. Do. Be is most people tend to complain more often, maybe they feel they're not worth it or something but, most people tend to get more frustrated in the end (sometimes it works though).

e.g.
A person demands a promotion, given a promotion (Manager) - HAVE
Does manager stuffs, learns managers stuffs - DO
Acts as a manager and complains how hard it is - BE

A person wants to be an Entrepreneur (buys a business at once) - HAVE
Learns the business - DO
Becomes the boss and gets frustrated with stuffs - BE

Its like HAVE. DO. BE = RESPONSE/EVENT. EXTERNAL PROCESS. INTERNAL PROCESS where RESPONSES/EVENTS should be normally be at the end not the other way around.

While BE. DO. HAVE = INTERNAL PROCESS. EXTERNAL PROCESS. RESPONSE/EVENT has lesser or no complaints and is more gratifying in the end.

e.g.
A person decides to become a manager before promotion - BE
Learns and does managers stuffs even before getting promoted - DO
Gets promoted - HAVE

Becomes an Entrepreneur in his mind - BE
Learns the business - DO
Buys a business - HAVE

Chazmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
May 23, 2013
USA
Although it seems like a slippery concept, I think Be - Do - Have is correct.

Use fitness as an example:

You don't live a fit healthy life by doing the workout on your P90x dvds or whatever.

You get, and stay fit & healthy longterm by understanding the fundamentals of weight training, cardio work, effects of macro-nutrients on the body, and how to adjust your training to your unique situation (injuries, age, flexibility, too fat, too skinny, etc). And of course by deciding to nourish your body and train consistently - forever.

You have to be the person that is willing to absorb that information and commit to the actions (workouts, cardio, food prep etc)before you can do the right things to have a healthy fit body and lifestyle.

I personally see the same for wealth building. Another quick example:

A good friend of mine and his wife make a pretty large amount of money every year from their jobs. He is totally obsessed with pleasing the jonses and looking rich (doing and having), but they have no real assets, no passive income, no businesses, and no hope of retiring without lottery or inheritance.

He calls his toys assets, but whenever he sells something he loses money on it - like his boat, former house, and vehicles.

What are they being? Sidewalkers.

"Being" dictates what you'll be "doing" which dictates what you'll be "having".

GreedyBGoode

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 7, 2014
UK
BECAUSE YOU HAVE IT BACKWARDS...

I've noticed a trend. People read the book, they get excited about all the things they want to HAVE, and then they come to this forum asking some version of "What's next?"

If you look deeper, you see that they are thinking in terms of: Have. Do. Be.

HAVE: They want to HAVE things. They want the car or the house or the pool or the fabulous vacations or the amazing partner or the bank account with a lot of zeros.

DO: Then they ask... What do I need to DO to HAVE all those things? Sell products on Amazon? Invent something? Create a sales funnel? Find a product on Alibaba? Crack the code? Get in the Fastlane? Find a Vehicle?

BE: Then, they say.... If I HAVE all those things by DOING the thing I'm going to do, THEN, I will BE happy... successful... amazing.... giving...

Sorry to break it too you, but that is exactly backwards.

If you are thinking this way, then you are CHASING MONEY. You are NOT creating value, and your desire for happiness will elude you.

What is the solution? FLIP IT ON ITS HEAD...

FIRST: BE

BE the person you want to be.

BE happy by deciding to be happy. It doesn't take the house or the pool or the vacation. It takes you choosing happiness, in that moment. BE an entrepreneur. It doesn't take owning a company you will be taking public next week, or launching a kickstarter campaign, or getting onto shark tank. Sure, those things may come... but that doesn't make you an entrepreneur.

BE an entrepreneur by deciding. Decide to wake up, each and every day and making a decision to RUN your business, or LEARN something that will improve your business, or TAKE the next step - even though it is hard.

BE a philanthropist or missionally oriented by looking at a homeless person in the eye, or taking in a foster child, or giving a loan on Kiva or volunteering for your favorite charity.

The list is endless. WHO do you WANT to be? WHO do you know you are... deep down? Forgiving? Understanding? Motivating? Strong? A leader? A generous person? A compassionate person? A happy person? A family person?

DON'T WAIT to be the person you are meant to be. DO IT NOW. The only thing holding you back is THE DECISION TO DO IT.

THEN: DO

Only when you know the person you ARE. Only when you are BEING the person you are, can you EFFECTIVELY DO.

When you ARE an entrepreneur, then you wake up every day and DO THE WORK of entrepreneurship. You make the calls, solve the problems, develop the systems.

When you ARE giving, you take the time to volunteer at the charity, or listen compassionately, or love deeply.

The act of DOING flows easily from the person you ARE.

The DOING will be creating VALUE, because you are not chasing the all might dollar. You understand that the dollar will come to you when you provide value.

FINALLY: YOU WILL HAVE

Having.... they money, the things, the cars. All these "things" will flow naturally out of your DOING. They will never come to you if you are chasing them with no other motivation or understanding. Or they may come to you temporarily, but they will leave you again soon enough - if you haven't build the foundation you need.

Bookmarked, printed and posted to be placed in front of my face everyday. Also added MJ's tl;dr summary

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
What do they do to your attire that causes the mindset shift?

Your attire has a lot to do with your identity, even if most of us would prefer to think that wasn't the case. If you dress like a soldier, it's much easier to think of yourself as a soldier. Lots of businesses have uniforms, and it serves to shape your identity, both for yourself and for other people (even if the business is enforcing the uniform out of convention rather than intent).

This has instantly measurable effects on your brain too. This study showed that just wearing a lab coat while taking some tests increased performance. When they told a different group that it was a painter's coat, there was no result. http://gizmodo.com/5891951/a-coat-that-makes-you-smarter

tonyp21

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
May 16, 2014
South Africa
I was once told "it's not what you know, or who you know, it's what you DO that counts"

I've noticed a trend. People read the book, they get excited about all the things they want to HAVE, and then they come to this forum asking some version of "What's next?"

HAVE: They want to HAVE things. They want the car or the house or the pool or the fabulous vacations or the amazing partner or the bank account with a lot of zeros.

DO: Then they ask... What do I need to DO to HAVE all those things? Sell products on Amazon? Invent something? Create a sales funnel? Find a product on Alibaba? Crack the code? Get in the Fastlane? Find a Vehicle?

BE: Then, they say.... If I HAVE all those things by DOING the thing I'm going to do, THEN, I will BE happy... successful... amazing.... giving...

If you are thinking this way, then you are CHASING MONEY. You are NOT creating value, and your desire for happiness will elude you.

BE happy by deciding to be happy. It doesn't take the house or the pool or the vacation. It takes you choosing happiness, in that moment. BE an entrepreneur. It doesn't take owning a company you will be taking public next week, or launching a kickstarter campaign, or getting onto shark tank. Sure, those things may come... but that doesn't make you an entrepreneur.

BE an entrepreneur by deciding. Decide to wake up, each and every day and making a decision to RUN your business, or LEARN something that will improve your business, or TAKE the next step - even though it is hard.

BE a philanthropist or missionally oriented by looking at a homeless person in the eye, or taking in a foster child, or giving a loan on Kiva or volunteering for your favorite charity.

The list is endless. WHO do you WANT to be? WHO do you know you are... deep down? Forgiving? Understanding? Motivating? Strong? A leader? A generous person? A compassionate person? A happy person? A family person?

DON'T WAIT to be the person you are meant to be. DO IT NOW. The only thing holding you back is THE DECISION TO DO IT.

Only when you know the person you ARE. Only when you are BEING the person you are, can you EFFECTIVELY DO.

When you ARE an entrepreneur, then you wake up every day and DO THE WORK of entrepreneurship. You make the calls, solve the problems, develop the systems.

When you ARE giving, you take the time to volunteer at the charity, or listen compassionately, or love deeply.

The DOING will be creating VALUE, because you are not chasing the all might dollar. You understand that the dollar will come to you when you provide value.

Having.... they money, the things, the cars. All these "things" will flow naturally out of your DOING. They will never come to you if you are chasing them with no other motivation or understanding. Or they may come to you temporarily, but they will leave you again soon enough - if you haven't build the foundation you need.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA

LuckyPup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Spot on! Seems I remember Jim Rohn espousing similar advice. Thanks for sharing!

chrischapman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 3, 2014
Sydney, Australia
It's funny, the be-have-do thingy is an interesting concept.

It's funny because people naturally gravitate towards wanting to have things. Duh. I think that really shows who they are (BE) and that is a consumer. They have a consumer mindset.

I reckon having a consumer and user mindset is a total productivity and entrepreneur killer. It's a seductive thought pattern too, people read TMF and they're like, damn! I can get rich. I'll start a company now and work hard. Then I can have a cool house, lambourghini like MJ blah blah blah blah etc.

The law of effection says that you have to affect people though, and that's not gonna happen with a consumer mindset. When you get a producer mindset though, i think that's the best way to get unstuck. If you face a business problem as a consumer, you're like: "damn, now I cant get my lamborgini sooner" whereas with the producer mindset you're like: "damn, i need to overcome this problem so I can help as many people as possible, damn problem, it's stopping me from helping people get what they want"

it's a crude contrast but i think that you have to BE the producer in your mind and not the consumer. That is what drives you, when you become obsessed with the business and serving the customer as best as you can. If you can't you'll find a way to. Being obsessed will get you unstuck, not obsessed with cars and houses and millions of dollars, but with helping your customer.

the obsession has to come from the desire to get your product into the customer's hands and help them. then you will form an unswerving determination that will get you unstuck.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
It's like the old saying, "fake it until you make it."

It takes a certain type of person to be an entrepreneur.

It takes I certain type of person to be a successful entrepreneur.

It takes a certain kind of person to be a firefighter, astronaut, policeman, soldier, scientist...
Ninja...
You got to has the willpower first

You just start doing entrepreneur stuff, but you aren't embodying the spirit of an entrepreneur, then you won't be. You'll run away and go back to doing whatever the f*** you were doing before.

That doesn't mean you have to consciously be thinking "I am an entrepreneur." Many successful entrepreneurs probaby don't go by that title. Buuuut, it the traits are what will make you an at least competent enteeprenuer

Goobii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 29, 2011
AUS
Great Post @AroundTheWorld! I remember when I first started my cleaning business and the negative thoughts crept in ("I'm a marketing graduate, WTF am I doing cleaning toilets & showers?! etc) and I was complete dick to my family as a result of it. My father sat me down and said to me "Why don't you change your perspective? You're a small business owner! You employ 4 people, who get to feed their families because of you".

I realised that I was looking at the glass half empty and decided to change my perspective right there and then. The result...

Built a customer centred business with long term clients. 80% of my clients have been with me for over 5 years. I've built a system now where the work gets carried out without any physical involvement from me

Time to pursue other businesses & Freedom to explore different funnels :)

Thanks again for the great post!

LuckyPup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
It's funny, the be-have-do thingy is an interesting concept.

It's funny because people naturally gravitate towards wanting to have things. Duh. I think that really shows who they are (BE) and that is a consumer. They have a consumer mindset.

I reckon having a consumer and user mindset is a total productivity and entrepreneur killer. It's a seductive thought pattern too, people read TMF and they're like, damn! I can get rich. I'll start a company now and work hard. Then I can have a cool house, lambourghini like MJ blah blah blah blah etc.

The law of effection says that you have to affect people though, and that's not gonna happen with a consumer mindset. When you get a producer mindset though, i think that's the best way to get unstuck. If you face a business problem as a consumer, you're like: "damn, now I cant get my lamborgini sooner" whereas with the producer mindset you're like: "damn, i need to overcome this problem so I can help as many people as possible, damn problem, it's stopping me from helping people get what they want"

it's a crude contrast but i think that you have to BE the producer in your mind and not the consumer. That is what drives you, when you become obsessed with the business and serving the customer as best as you can. If you can't you'll find a way to. Being obsessed will get you unstuck, not obsessed with cars and houses and millions of dollars, but with helping your customer.

the obsession has to come from the desire to get your product into the customer's hands and help them. then you will form an unswerving determination that will get you unstuck.

LuckyPup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Very well put! Thanks for contributing!

LuckyPup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Another big pitfall of "Have, Do, Be" thinking is that it reinforces failure. Because one is focused on the byproducts of providing value, rather than actually providing the value itself, they fail to do the things necessary to obtain the fruits. So, the goal they seek keeps getting farther away, like a horizon they will never reach. Dan Sullivan of the Strategic Coach (whom I highly recommend) calls this "living in the gap." Psychologically, this leads to disappointment and even depression. it can also lead to a fatalistic "lottery" mentality, wherein the individual loses belief in their own ability to achieve his goal.

Rachel Akito

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 16, 2015

Great Insight. That's probably is a better mindset. People tend to think that they need success to be happy but in reality they need to be happy first in order to be successful. Great way of sharing positivism. I learned a lot reading this. Thank you for sharing.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
This is a great thread. Thank you.

However, I have a problem. I fail to take action and I slip into my old habits. It's seems like I don't care, I'm comfortable at where I'm at, and I accept that doing nothing is ok.

I'm paralyzed by paralysis-of-over analysis, I'd rather binge on YouTube mindlessly killing brain cells, not read a book or take that course on Udemy, and I repeat this M-Su, 24 hours a day. It's sickening but I can't break this habit!

Imran khan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Oct 2, 2016
In other words, or for those who TL;DR things... change your identity if you want to change your results.

There's a long thread going on INSIDE about someone struggling with addiction. (Entitled "Self FN Discipline") We mentioned this there -- motivation often falls short and what really needs to go on is an identity change.

For example...

I want to be an entrepreneur.

NO.

You are an entrepreneur.

In the world of health...

NO.

I am a non-smoker.

Then when someone asks, "Cigarette?" It violates your identity to say "Yes" or "Sure, maybe just one." The answer becomes a quick NO.

Motivation is fleeting. Identity is lifelong.

Rep+

“If you work hard on your job you can make a living, if you work hard on yourself you can make a fortune.” — Jim Rohn

Aimegit de moncu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Oct 8, 2016
“If you work hard on your job you can make a living, if you work hard on yourself you can make a fortune.” — Jim Rohn

the real battle is inside. if you can lead yourself, you can lead the world because the world is an effect while the cause is the innergame.

great leaders whether good or bad like hitler, Gandhi and so on were able to lead the masses with the power of ideas and determination.

master yourself, master ideas and the world is yours.

kytro360

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Sep 28, 2016
I'm a BIG fan of the law of attraction! Don't say you WANT to be something, say you WILL be it or ARE it already. It's amazing how your mind can hold you back from success and doing these little mental hacks can help your results tremendously.

Tiger TT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 25, 2015
Entrepreneurship has to become apart of your character and essence, and it has nothing to do with money. Fastlane is not something you try, it's something you live.

I think these two sentences are the equivalent of reading 100 pages! Very powerful.

You may consider having this section in your new book, because it helped me understand the fastlane concept much better. It may help others understand fastlane better, too.

Siberia

Surprise
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Apr 30, 2016
Siberia
In other words, or for those who TL;DR things... change your identity if you want to change your results.

There's a long thread going on INSIDE about someone struggling with addiction. (Entitled "Self FN Discipline") We mentioned this there -- motivation often falls short and what really needs to go on is an identity change.

For example...

I want to be an entrepreneur.

NO.

You are an entrepreneur.

In the world of health...

NO.

I am a non-smoker.

Motivation is fleeting. Identity is lifelong.

Rep+

It is always better to move our attention from the primary objective because we cannot control it and turn it on ourselves because we have the total control.

Motivation is like falling in love: it lasts a little.

Our identity sometimes lasts even beyond the boundaries of our lives.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.