The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This is how scary AI has become

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

NuclearPuma

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 3, 2015
Yeah, it's not "AI" it better description is machine learning.

Also, what I think this rendering technology will do is eventually put graphic artists (think game developers) out of business. I think in a few years these algorithms will be able to render entire game worlds and cut out the creative humans.

Also, some Chinese company made AI rendered anchors whose voices and images are both just outputs of machine learning algorithms that were fed tons and tons of video and audio inputs, then let loose to render the English anchor:

View: https://youtu.be/GAfiATTQufk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
This could revolutionize a ton of industries. Any industry that has photo models can use superior AI generated images.

My brother is in video game design. He said there are already programs that allow you to "paint" backgrounds and forests and stuff. You essentially tell the engine what you want and drag your mouse and it paints in what you tell it. Computers then generate these items as needed on the fly in video games, no need to have it render before it will be in view.

It is pretty amazing stuff.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Also, what I think this rendering technology will do is eventually put graphic artists (think game developers) out of business. I think in a few years these algorithms will be able to render entire game worlds and cut out the creative humans.

I feel in the future, when AI / machine learning starts causing lots of people in various sectors across the world to lose jobs, there'll probably be some sort of regulatory enforcement on its limits. Not sure though.
From a more (extreme) point of view, it might end up causing social unrest and the governments of the world will be pressed for solutions.

The thing is, when people lose their jobs due to AI, then who will these AI-generated content and products be catered for? Definitely not humans, who will be living on the streets by then, or claiming social welfare.

It'll probably be a world where AI systems churn out AI content for other AI systems to enjoy and consume lol....
and AI systems will be auto-liking and commenting on other AI systems' generated conteent....

OlivierMo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 12, 2018
Idaho
I feel in the future, when AI / machine learning starts causing lots of people in various sectors across the world to lose jobs, there'll probably be some sort of regulatory enforcement on its limits. Not sure though.
From a more (extreme) point of view, it might end up causing social unrest and the governments of the world will be pressed for solutions.

The thing is, when people lose their jobs due to AI, then who will these AI-generated content and products be catered for? Definitely not humans, who will be living on the streets by then, or claiming social welfare.

It'll probably be a world where AI systems churn out AI content for other AI systems to enjoy and consume lol....
and AI systems will be auto-liking and commenting on other AI systems' generated conteent....

Even movies will be AI driven and actors will disappear. No residuals for production companies to pay.

My biggest fear with AI is that it'll make our gov very authoritarian. The minimum income idea will justify total control over us. I can also see a possibility where AI will serve the most powerful and if human beings are not useful, and are seen as problems (climate change), why not use AI to get rid of them? After all if robots can serve the kings for free and some space can be freed to keep the planet beautiful for the ones deserving it, why keep all those humans around.

Gutzofter

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Sep 25, 2018
Yucaipa, CA
Even movies will be AI driven and actors will disappear. No residuals for production companies to pay.

My biggest fear with AI is that it'll make our gov very authoritarian. The minimum income idea will justify total control over us. I can also see a possibility where AI will serve the most powerful and if human beings are not useful, and are seen as problems (climate change), why not use AI to get rid of them? After all if robots can serve the kings for free and some space can be freed to keep the planet beautiful for the ones deserving it, why keep all those humans around.

If it wasn't for photography we wouldn't have some the art that we do from the latter half of the 19th century and early 20th century. Just try to dream up how humans are going to innovate in an artistic direction.

At the end of the day machines are finite. We can still social engineer them. Do you remember Tay?

Bring on the Singularity!

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
There's worse things than that. Want to be scared ?
NVidia is working on motion retargering Machine Learning algorithms:
View: https://youtu.be/PCBTZh41Ris

Developers are also working on voice reproduction from 1 single sample:
Audio demos

Baidu can reproduce your voice by having you read 30 sentences (Mission Impossible is now reality!):
Lyrebird • Ultra-Realistic Voice Cloning and Text-to-Speech

Looks like they don't even need lookalike people anymore to frame you "Prison Break" style.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Curious about @lowtek 's perspective on this

I think it's pretty cool stuff, from a theoretical perspective.

While it could be used for nefarious purposes, I think there is an upside. It will teach people to be more skeptical of what they see. I hope it sows mistrust in the institutions of power, that are the most likely to abuse such technology.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Don't people like Peter Norvig define ML as a subsection if AI

That is correct. Machine learning is one approach towards realizing artificial intelligence.

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 29, 2018
Australia
Billion dollar industry here we come.I remember when I used to search hours and hours for good stock photo.Now you can get artificial ones for free?

Imagine the games with artificially generated environments?

Remiremi

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Feb 18, 2018
Paris
Billion dollar industry here we come.I remember when I used to search hours and hours for good stock photo.Now you can get artificial ones for free?

Imagine the games with artificially generated environments?
Well not for free, there's a hefty cost incurring in creating such A.I. systems.

G

Guest61362

Hm, what if this makes social media fade away because every other face and event is fake and people actually get to meet again to check if it's real?
Would you post your epic party selfie and share that favourite cat video if AI robots like and comment on it?

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Hm, what if this makes social media fade away because every other face and event is fake and people actually get to meet again to check if it's real?
Would you post your epic party selfie and share that favourite cat video if AI robots like and comment on it?
I can see Instagram Influencers using AI to get fake subscribers.

G

Guest61362

Aahh.. And fake subs help them to be more influent because end user sees a lot of faces on that testimonials page?

program-summer-bg-testimonials-1024x483.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.