The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This is how it looks when you provide value

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Check this post. Then go check the comment section:

This person started making and selling stickers as a hustle after losing their job and got REKT by the mail system delays. Got angry messages. Look at the responses from their audience. It reminded me of when @ZCP said "raise your hand if I've changed your life in some way" at the summit.

Not sure if my observation is on point or just corny, but I think at the very least it's very wholesome and wholesome going around is always good.

Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Oof, for those of us who don't have an IG can someone screenshot the section :)

You should be able to see it even without an IG, since it's the direct link to the post. It bugs you to make an account after surfing a few posts. Or that's what's happened to me when I've used it without being logged in

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
idk how good this'll look posted here, but here's some of the comments. This is for the account @ac.customdesigns

Basically she ships stuff to the USA from Europe and shipping times have been horrid. So she's been giving refunds and has no more money left.

Lots of the comments are quite supportive and offering to donate money to her to keep her going.

1608672425052.png

• ac.customdesigns's profile picture

ac.customdesigns

I don't post personal messages here but this time I owe some of you an apology.

I opened my sticker shop late November. I lost my job this yea. Is the only thing I know that will keep me afloat.

I am beyond greatfull whenever I receive messages and reviews from those who ordered specially when I helped them get their dream villagers. Hope is not lost for me after all.

The past few weeks has been really really tough. I have been crying and not sleeping. I receive daily messages asking where the packages are. I am trying really hard to reply at timely manner but most of the time I feel like crap for not being able to give any update at all.

I feel for buyers, as l'm a buyer too with a few packaged floating around. l'd hate to have my order lost with no help from the seller. I have been issuing refunds not realising I have refunded almost half of my orders and on top of that are the cost for vinyl stickers, envelopes, and printing. Shipping costs is significant too. I live in Europe. I tried to refund as much as I can but I have nothing left and there is no funds left to do this. I tried to send replacement as much as I could as well.

I have nothing left and I am sorry.

I am just feeling beyond sad right now but photos of snow days in ACNH I see online gives me smile. I haven't been playing lately and haven't seen the ACNH snow yet but I wish someday I will feel like playing again. I don't know what will happen to me next year.

Sorry. Please know I am not a bad person

If you are reading this and you want to help, I have a customised wallpaper on my store that you can purchase digitally. It hurts for me to post this and to be asking for help.
    ___

I asked an update from USPS and this is their response
    Shipping PRIORITY even last Friday (the 18th) will most likely not be delivered in time for Christmas

Priority Mail will most likely be delivered closer to New Years Eve.

USPS is dealing with Three Times the amount of packages, hence the delays.

Part of the reason for all the packages is that USPS has taken on some of Fedex's and UPS's packages because these two are delivering the vaccines.

This is the same case in Royal Mail and post offices in Europe.
    1d

alwayscelebrating

Unfollowing gross. Theft?
1d

bellapippin.art

@alwayscelebrating“always celebrating” what, being a mean bitch?
23h

kziaaah

@alwayscelebratingif you actually took time to read what she posted before you accused her of THEFT, you’d know that she sent the packages 2 weeks ago but due to delay with postal services PLUS factor in the pandemic PLUS it’s the holiday season, those packages have not been delivered yet which is not in her control. She had been refunding the buyers and she had no more money left. This is a cry for help and people have been kind to help. But there are also people like you who have been posting unkind comments. You could have made this world a better place by unfollowing quietly
22h

kziaaah

@ac.customdesignsyou already explained yourself in your post! You also don’t have to prove anything. If they want to unfollow, they should. I don’t understand why they have to announce it lol ‍♀️ You dont need negative people in this page anyway. Don’t pay attention to people like her. It’s not worth your energy! Just focus now on the positive comments! ❤️
22h

lizzythelamb

@alwayscelebratingdid you even read what she wrote? It’s obviously not theft! Also no one gives a shit when an a**hole unfollows.
21h

irelandwolfe

@alwayscelebratinguh they are not a thief if anyone is it’s the people who are being rude about the packages coming in late and getting refunds for packages they’ll eventually get
18h

the_elephant_lover_yt

@alwayscelebratingShut up and leave this good persons page. This is no place for people like you.
18h

mishcarthy

Hi! Start a go fund me. You helped a lot collecting this cute design codes. Honestly you made my gameplay much more enjoyable. Also you have been supporting small ACNH instagram so you deserve a help anyway we can. ❤️
1d

hey_itsmay

@mishcarthywhere can I donate ?
16h

cristaln

@hey_itsmayyou click on the link in bio and then click on donate/buy me a coffee
14h

nessmora

@concussed.carrotthank you!!
14h

theprodigalking

Firstly, I have the utmost respect for your transparency and communication with your customers and followers. There’s nothing you can do about the mail, which is crazy during this time of year in the best of circumstances. Secondly, your health and well-being is always priority number one. Animal Crossing is, and has always been, about love and support. We got you!
1d

ac.customdesigns

@theprodigalkingThank you so much fot this. Made me tear up. Hope is not lost.
1d

antokkii

you should not have refunded anything! i've been a small business owner for 2 years now and i have only refunded orders when a. the item was delivered damaged, b. item was considered "delivered" but the person never received it, or c. the person wanted to cancel their order/an item. i have never refunded because the item took forever to get delivered. it has been HELL since the start of the pandemic and the holidays are always always ALWAYS busy, so items don't get delivered on time! i've had orders take almost 3 months to get delivered to europe (i'm u.s. based) because of the pandemic. i tell everyone that it is out of my hands and to be a little more patient, even if they get mad at me. people have to understand that we are not amazon or some big company! we don't have the luxury to pay huge amounts of money to get a package to our customers the next day, ESPECIALLY if it's something as small as stickers that cost us more to produce, package, and ship to be sending them out with expensive next day or 2-day shipping! sometimes we even use our own, personal funds to pay for things!
if you set up a gofundme or even if you have a kofi, i'll donate something to help you out, but it'll be for YOU. not to use as refund money. it'll get better, luv. do not let people get to you, be strong! if you ever need any business advice or just someone to talk to, my inbox is open.
1d

ac.customdesigns

@antokkiithank you so much for this! I only started this business out of necessity a month ago, I guess I am just overwhelmed. I have a donation link up in my bio and yes I will purchase back my tablet for drawing that I had to let go.
1d

halakroenung

Hey you, I don’t have much to give as I am struggling myself right now, but I can feel the pain in your words and I can relate so much to how you are feeling... that’s why I decided to donate, even if it’s only a little bit. But I want you to know everything is going to be alright and if you need someone to talk to I’m here. As is the rest of your community ❤
1d

ac.customdesigns

@halakroenungthank you! you don't have to. This message is enough to comfort me and so you are appreciated.
1d

thegeekycauldrongifts

I know it's so hard this year and especially right now. A time that is cheerful for most has, like a lot of things, been different and difficult this year. Just know that you are not alone and that your work and time and every little bit of your soul that you put into your business is worth it!
1d

lucky_miss_jessica

Oh I wish I could give you a hug right now. I'm so sorry things have been absolutely awful for you. You are such a kind person for caring and even refunding people, but I 100% agree with other sentiments. You are a small business, NOT Amazon. You are one person, doing what you can in a really rough time. So please don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure your customers understand, and if they don't, then that is their problem. You absolutely should not going into negative profits and it's horrible that you ended up in this situation. Please post your Venmo code or a GoFundMe, or anything! I'd love to help you, and I'm sure so many others would as well. You've brightened up a lot of people's AC game okay and I know they appreciate you!
1d

sensei.png

Open up a ko-fi maybe, not sure if its available at ur country
1d

jabberwockyprincess

OMG! You are a small business owner, NOT Amazon. It is NOT your fault that packages are “stuck”. People need to learn patience...their packages will get there when they get there. ‍♀️ it’s okay to have boundaries...no more martyrdom!
1d

squirrelmigrationpatterns

Hey, breathe. You’re doing a good job and it’s not your fault. USPS is dealing with a lot right now and that isn’t your fault.
1d

glamouryume

I live in the states and my packages from 3 weeks ago hasn’t arrived! And that is completely NOT the sellers’ fault because yous have sent it! It’s the most busiest time of the year and people NEED to be patient if they manage to order stuff during this period of time!!! Stay strong sis.
1d

veritysmart

I’m so sorry to hear what you’ve been through and trying to manage. My recommendation would be to crowdfund your stickers or Kickstarter. That way you are raising the revenue and lot leaving yourself personally at risk. Wishing you all the very best.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Thanks @Tourmaline ! That's a much better share...I didn't know it would copy and paste it :)
Glad you caught the one where I call the rude commenter a bitch :D lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.