The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This idea just made someone RICH

Idea threads

Roman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Aug 21, 2008
Pacific NW
lol heres the correct thing to say to that..

"why couldn't I thought of that!"

lol :rofl:

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
I wonder if this really made anyone rich.

Here is my $0.02

I have never purchased ice trays, they come with the fridge.

Most fridge/freezer combos come with an ice tray rack built toward standard icetrays.

If I were to buy and icetray, it would be for much less than $20.

Lastly, if I wanted to take this to the fastlane level, I would put all my efforts into getting a high end fridge company to include my ice tray in their off the shelf models. This would be the way to make it big.

This would create a market of users who would have better odds of rebuying due to becoming acclimated to it.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I wonder if this really made anyone rich.

Here is my $0.02

I have never purchased ice trays, they come with the fridge.

Most fridge/freezer combos come with an ice tray rack built toward standard icetrays.

If I were to buy and icetray, it would be for much less than $20.

Lastly, if I wanted to take this to the fastlane level, I would put all my efforts into getting a high end fridge company to include my ice tray in their off the shelf models. This would be the way to make it big.

This would create a market of users who would have better odds of rebuying due to becoming acclimated to it.
That's what I was thinking. Good idea -- guess great minds think alike. :smx9:

Why limit yourself to high-end fridges, though? If you have the patent on it, offer it at 1/2 price to ALL fridge companies; some will buy, some won't, but just getting it out there will priceless.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jito

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Dec 2, 2007
Bay Area
High end fridges include ice makers. This would probably be good for colleges kids, or Asian/European countries, where fridges tend to be smaller.

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007
Um... don't most refrigerators these days come with an ice maker?

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Um... don't most refrigerators these days come with an ice maker?
We just bought a pretty cheap Amana refrigerador for my grandma for about $700, and it did not include an ice-maker -- just trays.

Either way, I kind of see this vertical ice-maker as a complementary piece to a regular ice-maker. Can't hurt to have both.

Jeffs07

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 24, 2008
Rockingham NC
It has other uses besides its primary one such as demonstrated with the wine and dips and such. The extra utility makes it worth the money in addition to being a conversation piece.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
It has other uses besides its primary one such as demonstrated with the wine and dips and such. The extra utility makes it worth the money in addition to being a conversation piece.
Exactly. That's why I see it more as a complementary piece than a straight up substitute for a regular ice-maker; it could probably serve as a substitute for those ice trays, though.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Who even uses ice trays anymore anyway? haha ;)

Don't all of us fastlaners have automatic ice makers in our fridges? I know I do -- and a seperate ice machine behind the bar downstairs!

- Hakrjak

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Who even uses ice trays anymore anyway? haha ;)

Don't all of us fastlaners have automatic ice makers in our fridges? I know I do -- and a seperate ice machine behind the bar downstairs!

- Hakrjak
I have my servants individually quick freeze my ice for me upon request using nitrogen. I so hate stale ice.

On a serious note, another way to get this successful would be to do an infomercial. This product screams infomercial. Price point may be a little high.

MonstaFlex

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 26, 2008
That's so cool! :cool:

I REALLY like how the videos are "no talking" ads. It definitely helps to get the point across to also reach the audience that can't understand English too well. :hurray:

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
That's genius, man:eusa_clap:.

That is what I live for. Creative endevours that makes life more fun and more interesting.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.