The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

There is more, than US and EU

Filip_er

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 20, 2021
Poland/Warsaw
Short plot;
My plan was to move to US as quickly as possible, and there find need I could fulfill. As I was looking and doing my research, I found a Polish milioner who made fortune on language schools in Thailand, Laos and others second and third world countries.

So I started wondering that this might be good idea. Africa, and Asia poorly have something, and have a lot, but a lot of needs that are seeking fulfillment. Praticly what you have just to do is to copy what we have in the west, on African or Asian market.

Is anyone tired entrepreneurship in third/second world countries? Do you have some experience about this? Do you think it's good idea to abandon first world and start biznes in Africa?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Have you ever lived abroad? The idea that you can succeed abroad does make sense primarily for seasoned entrepreneurs. It seems like you may not fully understand how much more difficult running a business in a foreign country, let alone in a region as exotic as Asia or Africa, can be.

If you can't make it work in Poland (or in the US while living in Poland - unless you absolutely need to start an offline business, why move there?), what makes you think that moving to Asia, let alone Africa, will change anything?

This part makes me think that you assume that an external factor will somehow help you launch a business:

My plan was to move to US as quickly as possible, and there find need I could fulfill.

Unless you live in North Korea, your location isn't as important as you think and definitely NOT important if you live in the EU.

D

Deleted78083

Tbh I think Poland is one of the best countries to start a company in at the moment. The economy is good, the workforce is skilled and cheap, it's right next to Germany, there are still many problems to solve, and you can ask for EU grants to build your business.

If you're looking for countries where people are rich and there is nothing and everything to build, try the Middle East. Saudi Arabia, Koweit, EAU are all desperate for entrepreneurs.

The local population is usually very lazy due to decades of oil-driven state benefits, and the government looks to diversify their economy as the world is getting rid of oil between now and the next 30 years.

There are a few case studies of EU entrepreneurs building companies in Dubai, for example.

Personally, I wouldn't move there before acquiring first some experience in Europe. Europe is so great I have a hard time understanding why people would leave it (unless you live in France, Belgium, or in the UK).

Kybalion

Renegade Master
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Oct 5, 2018
If you can't make it work in Poland (or in the US while living in Poland - unless you absolutely need to start an offline business, why move there?), what makes you think that moving to Asia, let alone Africa, will change anything?

But then again burning his boats, taking the leap of faith and moving to Africa, then failing miserably - then finally succeeding would make for a lot more satisfying story than simply staying in Poland.

So, I am saying go for it if you have the metaphorical testicles to do it!

Filip_er

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 20, 2021
Poland/Warsaw
Why I want to live the EU? It's simple. It's not matter of high taxes, or idiotic laws. It's about law complexity. For example average time of studing tax laws in poland is 350 houres per year(only Vat laws). The regulations are absurdly big in EU, for example; law about trasportation of toffies is larger than US independent act. Snails are in category of fish in EU laws. And polish tax law is most complicated in europe. Polish ex ceo of national bank said " In this country, there is no legally active companies, with this tax law its impossible"

Example of idiotic tax law in Poland;
Expresso- 7% vat
Latte-8%
Fratte-32%
And each of these are diffrent products, one is coffee, one is coffee drink ect...
Like donuts have 9 diffrent vat levels

Economy is not good, its not even okay. We are balancing on grecce/venezuela scenarios. And now, when "Law and Justice" get to power in poland, we don't have cheap enough labour to be competitive. We have lot of social transfers. We have people unemployed whole life, living second or even third generation only from social programs.

Belive me i would love to stay and live in Poland. But it is nearly impossible to get rich in Poland nowdays. Like there is reason why 5 milion poles left since 2009
@monfii @MTF

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Okay.

You seem to be hell-bent on finding excuses. If you could only invest your energy in finding ways to make money instead of reasons why you can't...

I suppose that it doesn't matter that I'm from there as well and got rich or that I know a friend who got rich even without a business just by choosing the right career and smart investing. Well, nobody gets rich in Poland these days. It's impossible.

Good luck in Africa.

dandy2902

New Contributor
May 12, 2021
Short plot;
My plan was to move to US as quickly as possible, and there find need I could fulfill. As I was looking and doing my research, I found a Polish milioner who made fortune on language schools in Thailand, Laos and others second and third world countries.

So I started wondering that this might be good idea. Africa, and Asia poorly have something, and have a lot, but a lot of needs that are seeking fulfillment. Praticly what you have just to do is to copy what we have in the west, on African or Asian market.

Is anyone tired entrepreneurship in third/second world countries? Do you have some experience about this? Do you think it's good idea to abandon first world and start biznes in Africa?
I think before you decide to launch a business in a third county, try to live there for over 2-3 years first to understand your market, your customers, your opportunity as well as threats there. It's necessary for you to know about its culture and the gap in customers' need to satisfy. It's rude if you run a business but cannot adapt the tradition of the target market, you will not attract any customers; or in a worst situation, you may close. So, try to do research and live there first.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.