GBGallardo
New Contributor
- Joined
- Nov 5, 2007
- Messages
- 15
Rep Bank
$185
$185
User Power: 7%
After looking at everyone being able to customize their MySpace layouts (especially after reading this: Ashley Qualls and WhateverLife.com: Case Study of a Teenage Millionaire ), YouTube channels, twitter backgrounds, etc...there isn't much out there for custom themed search engines. Obviously you must cover everything out there, from cars to fashion to sports. Because I am most passionate about cars I went ahead and did cars first. Once I have these versions mastered I will go on and complete the rest.
The website URL is: iCarHomepageâ„¢ - Custom Car Homepages w/ Google Search!
an example homepage can be seen at: The LAMBORGHINI Homepage - iCarHomepage.comâ„¢
What the homepage features?
I have been grabbing traffic mainly from StumbleUpon ads, facebook ads, adwords, etc where I am able to target the exact audience I want. Currently I have 450 active users.
Overall what do you guys think of the project? All constructive criticism is encouraged.
The website URL is: iCarHomepageâ„¢ - Custom Car Homepages w/ Google Search!
an example homepage can be seen at: The LAMBORGHINI Homepage - iCarHomepage.comâ„¢
What the homepage features?
- A random high resolution background each time the page loads (keeps the user hooked and when new car models are added I add them into the pool)
- A google search engine (search field form is in focus, no click to search)
- A link at the bottom of the page automatically adjusts to the users browser and you can click to set your homepage in IE, drag the link to your home button in firefox, etc...this was done in javascript.
- The background is a standard 1280x960 size. I would like to make it adjust to the users monitor size while maintaining its proportions. Does anyone know of anyone or anything to make this possible?
- On the parent site, the ability to upload your own images to make your own personalized homepage
- and like PhxMJ says a web service never stops demanding features so I expect this list to grow x100
I have been grabbing traffic mainly from StumbleUpon ads, facebook ads, adwords, etc where I am able to target the exact audience I want. Currently I have 450 active users.
Overall what do you guys think of the project? All constructive criticism is encouraged.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
