The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

HOT TOPIC The Worldwide Covid-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Discussion Thread...

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludachris

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Mar 17, 2017
Norcal
Whether or not he changes his opinion might be guided by what happens with Rand. If Rand only has mild symptoms that require no hospitalization, then he might use that to reinforce his belief that it is not so bad.
Was thinking the same thing. People who are dismissing it most likely won't change their opinion unless/until one or more of the people they know are in the hospital in critical condition, or worse. It won't be real to them until it slaps them in the face.

I just talked to my dad today. My mother-in-law just found out her cousin is in the hospital with the virus. She doesn't know how serious it is, just that she was hospitalized. Hopefully she isn't too bad and recovers fully.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Dad, husband, entrepreneur.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Ireland had its biggest increase in confirmed cases today at 191. This is expected to keep increasing exponentially.
^^^ That was 3 days ago.

Confirmed numbers have been lower than 191 for the past few days, but there's apparently a backlog of 40,000 tests to be performed, so we don't really know where we stand in Ireland.

A small sliver of good news:
“Public health doctors carrying out contact tracing are advising that confirmed cases are now reporting fewer contacts, which is an encouraging sign that people are following the public health guidance."

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
People thinking there's gonna be a national lockdown o_O

View attachment 31404
Another group I participate in for biz reasons is all over this. They are reporting helo's circling over, trains full of military equipment and the list goes on. It would be funny, but these folks actually believe it.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
well its official i just got fired this morning.

Was no hard feelings by either party, was actually a friendly conversation.

Is what it is.
Timmy - can you work a deal with one of the shut down restaurants to use their kitchen to make meals for delivery?

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 16, 2014
Another group I participate in for biz reasons is all over this. They are reporting helo's circling over, trains full of military equipment and the list goes on. It would be funny, but these folks actually believe it.
I would not rule out a military lockdown at all, eventually. Problem is that human nature is for a fair number of people to not participate in something like a lockdown. It takes 3-4 weeks from a strict lockdown like China for the curve to flatten and start going down. The restriction are likely to keep getting stricter and stricter till the only thing left is military medical lockdown. Granted this may not happen everywhere, but likely in the major metro areas with huge populations

Look at italy, just today the military was out for a full scale military lockdown. There is no travel allowed between cities. we have followed their example lock step so far. So, yeah I don’t think it’s happing now, 20-30 days from now would not surprise me at all.

I will go one further, before that I expect all air travel to be halted. And at some time all interstate and intercity traffic to be halted that isn’t essential to supply or other critical transport. Realize the US is basically like Europe if we look at states like counties. Our states are acting just like countries have with sequential lockdowns and worsening restrictions led by the most hit areas.

Yes, all of this sounds insane and crazy. But 3 weeks ago what is happening now seems insane and crazy. I am watching Italy and sequentially other countries are following. So I just assume the Us will follow just at a 2-3 week delay.

Last edited:

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
I would not rule out a military lockdown at all, eventually. Problem is that human nature is for a fair number of people to not participate in something like a lockdown. It takes 3-4 weeks from a strict lockdown like China for the curve to flatten and start going down. The restriction are likely to keep getting stricter and stricter till the only thing left is military medical lockdown. Granted this may not happen everywhere, but likely in the major metro areas with huge populations

Look at italy, just today the military was out for a full scale military lockdown. There is no travel allowed between cities. we have followed their example lock step so far. So, yeah I don’t think it’s happing now, 20-30 days from now would not surprise me at all.

I will go one further, before that I expect all air travel to be halted. And at some time all interstate and intercity traffic to be halted that isn’t essential to supply or other critical transport.

Yes, all of this sounds insane and crazy. But 3 weeks ago what is happening now seems insane and crazy. I am watching Italy and sequentially other countries are following. So I just assume the Us will follow just at a 2-3 week delay.
I hope it doesn't come to that, but wouldn't be surprised. Worse part is, the people who refuse to take this seriously and shelter in place are most likely going to be the ones to raise huge problems if the military is needed.

Primeperiwinkle

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Nov 30, 2018

I will go one further, before that I expect all air travel to be halted. And at some time all interstate and intercity traffic to be halted that isn’t essential to supply or other critical transport. Realize the US is basically like Europe if we look at states like counties. Our states are acting just like countries have with sequential lockdowns and worsening restrictions led by the most hit areas.

Do you think they’re going to make rings around all the major cities first? They’d literally have to do them almost simultaneously or ppl would go berserk.. don’t you think? And LA is so freaking big.

I think they could shut down highways per chance.. or just shelter in place.. but the logistics for military control would be a nightmare.

As long as the food supply chain doesn’t get interrupted we’re all good. If I could I’d be keeping a sharp eye on that. There are relatively few regional distribution centers. Ugh.

farmer79

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Nov 24, 2013
Saskatchewan, Canada
The food supply is going to be interesting not so much right now but putting the 2020 crop in the ground. We have a narrow window and if for whatever reason we can’t get seed, fertilizer, or manpower for April-May there could be some serious food issues going forward. There is tremendous uncertainty right now.

Tomipiccoli99

New Contributor
Jan 17, 2020
Argentina
In Argentina there are more people arrested for not complying with the quarantine than infected people, although in two weeks an exponential growth in the curve is expected

Ps: It is no longer profitable to resell gel alcohol.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 16, 2014
Do you think they’re going to make rings around all the major cities first? They’d literally have to do them almost simultaneously or ppl would go berserk.. don’t you think? And LA is so freaking big.

I think they could shut down highways per chance.. or just shelter in place.. but the logistics for military control would be a nightmare.

As long as the food supply chain doesn’t get interrupted we’re all good. If I could I’d be keeping a sharp eye on that. There are relatively few regional distribution centers. Ugh.
I’m not going to pretend to have any insight into the logistics of a military lockdown. It would be interesting to talk with someone in the know at the National gaurd, maybe I can find someone for my podcast. Ive had a lot of people reach out already and had some very enlightening conversations.

I think there is always risk of civil unrest when you having trying times and people are scared. We just came across a story today while doing research, basically it appears Prague intercepted a shipment of masks and medical equipment bound for Italy and distributed it to their own hospitals. We had been speculating of such problems for a while, but this was the first time we’ve seen it happen outright. I expect to see it more. Hope it doesn’t lead to armed conflicts.

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Covid map now broken down by county.

View attachment 31416
This is a perfect lesson in "how to not visualize data"

the number of cases should be represented by acolor gradient scale.. like yellow representing less cases, red representing more. The New York area is nearly impossible to read.

This isn't a shot at the post.. thank you for posting this. Just the guys who made this could have done a much better job. Do you have a link to this?

OP
OP
L

loop101

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 3, 2013

the number of cases should be represented by acolor gradient scale.. like yellow representing less cases, red representing more. The New York area is nearly impossible to read.

This isn't a shot at the post.. thank you for posting this. Just the guys who made this could have done a much better job. Do you have a link to this?
It's the normal link, select US, click "admin 2" tab under the list of countries.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 3, 2014
England UK

Well that looks to me like it was created for drama rather than pure information. Red on black is pretty much one of the worst combinations to view online. I’m just surprised they haven’t added blinking text. Most people asked to name two colours to represent death and pain would probably come up with Black and Red.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 3, 2014
England UK
A small sliver of good news:
“Public health doctors carrying out contact tracing are advising that confirmed cases are now reporting fewer contacts, which is an encouraging sign that people are following the public health guidance."
If only that were the case in England/Wales. Idiots thinking they will hit the beaches and public parks because they have all this time off is ridiculous. Mind you having a government that suggests people stay in and observe social distancing like friendly advice from an old uncle rather than be straight and forthright and say stay the F*ck away from each other voluntarily or we will force you within a couple of days doesn’t help.

Maybe some public information films showing people actually dying might bring the seriousness of the situation home.

So many people think they can just carry on as usual because it doesn’t really effect them, and one extra person going about their normal daily routine won’t hurt will it? Well guess what, when hundreds of thousands think the exact same thing you end up making matters far worse.

This is Wales on the weekend. Those cars are parked on the road because the car parks are full to busting. C5BBEDFF-C7D2-4781-AE80-F280D639740B.jpeg

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
If only that were the case in England/Wales. Idiots thinking they will hit the beaches and public parks because they have all this time off is ridiculous. Mind you having a government that suggests people stay in and observe social distancing like friendly advice from an old uncle rather than be straight and forthright and say stay the F*ck away from each other voluntarily or we will force you within a couple of days doesn’t help.

Maybe some public information films showing people actually dying might bring the seriousness of the situation home.

So many people think they can just carry on as usual because it doesn’t really effect them, and one extra person going about their normal daily routine won’t hurt will it? Well guess what, when hundreds of thousands think the exact same thing you end up making matters far worse.

This is Wales on the weekend. Those cars are parked on the road because the car parks are full to busting.View attachment 31422
The stupidity being displayed by so many is mind boggling. It's this kind of thing that could lead to our governments enacting stricter restrictions on our freedoms. Which could lead to increased civil disobedience. And so the downward spiral goes. We have an obligation in "free" societies to do our part as citizens to help put a lid on this pandemic. OR risk being treated like children...go to your room till I say you can come out.

Last edited:

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 16, 2014
I’m not going to pretend to have any insight into the logistics of a military lockdown. It would be interesting to talk with someone in the know at the National gaurd, maybe I can find someone for my podcast. Ive had a lot of people reach out already and had some very enlightening conversations.

I think there is always risk of civil unrest when you having trying times and people are scared. We just came across a story today while doing research, basically it appears Prague intercepted a shipment of masks and medical equipment bound for Italy and distributed it to their own hospitals. We had been speculating of such problems for a while, but this was the first time we’ve seen it happen outright. I expect to see it more. Hope it doesn’t lead to armed conflicts.

I see the national guard was deployed overnight to California, Washington, and New York. Does anyone know what they are doing? What is their role right now?

WillHurtDontCare

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2017
USA
Anyone who doesn't understand that the future is entirely up for grabs by this point lacks imagination.

WillHurtDontCare

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2017
USA
Prague intercepted a shipment of masks and medical equipment bound for Italy and distributed it to their own hospitals
Extrapolate this idea to a smaller scale - what if your neighbors start snagging your Amazon boxes and potential food delivery boxes (butcher box, etc)?

Good people steal (and worse) when they're scared and trying to look out for their own.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I see the national guard was deployed overnight to California, Washington, and New York. Does anyone know what they are doing? What is their role right now?
They're helping with logistics and setting up tents and cots to treat hospital overflow. They're not armed in any of the photos I've seen, so they're not gearing up for a lockdown.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 3, 2014
England UK
Extrapolate this idea to a smaller scale - what if your neighbors start snagging your Amazon boxes and potential food delivery boxes (butcher box, etc)?

Good people steal (and worse) when they're scared and trying to look out for their own.
Do we really need to go down this thought process right now? This thread is already depressing enough without hypothesising the world turning in to an episode of The Walking Dead.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 3, 2014
England UK
They're helping with logistics and setting up tents and cots to treat hospital overflow. They're not armed in any of the photos I've seen, so they're not gearing up for a lockdown.
Thanks for that. Lets face it all military forces should be utilised to help wherever they can right now. There are a lot of personnel that can be utilised. Drivers, medics etc. etc.. Hopefully they are being deployed already or moved into place ready for a swift response.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows from Dreams
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 14, 2013
The Underground

What if good men and women start working to bring their communities together so people don't have to steal from one another? This isn't a stab at you. It's something I'm working on for our community.

We have access to NextDoor.com.
We can create chat rooms and Facebook Groups and other outlets for free.

It doesn't have to be a me versus you scenario. That's not the only option.

Ved Vardhan

New Contributor
Mar 9, 2020
Global Citizen

This is Wales on the weekend. Those cars are parked on the road because the car parks are full to busting.View attachment 31422
reminds me of pic from Italy on 25 Feb 2020 when no one was taking government instruction seriously .

Attachments

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA

The shame of it is that there is plenty to go around IF people would stop hoarding and wasting critical resources. N95 masks are a perfect example. Most people don't need a mask. But so many, either ignorant or misinformed, want them. The result is insufficient supplies where they are needed.

Tossek

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 5, 2019
Germany
It is really amazing to see that political parties can work together. The government wrote up the monetary relief law in two days and an update of the infection law within one day. The federal parliament and council approved them within one day. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

:hilarious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Hi guys, I repost here my old review with a small update : Feb 2020 : Hi guys, Just wanted...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Ah, I should've checked here to find out that it was free! Although, Amazon only charged $2 for...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Pick the one you need most. Some just buy them all. :D Loving your email sequence.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock