My fastlane has been acquisition. I've invested my time and money into learning how to acquire existing businesses as a strategy for growth and expansion (particularly effective in a down economy). My wife was skeptical when I put out the money (more than we owe on our car!) on a course that taught this. In fact, she was a bit peeved.
I didn't realize it, but I think her resistance had to do more with me than with the program. At least, I'm guessing that looking back, because now that I've taken solid, concrete action (even though quite preliminary), she's exhibited a level of support I didn't imagine I'd see before I was actually in a business of my own and bringing home the big bucks.
Well, I started taking action in the last week or so, actually stepping out and meeting with a seller and beginning negotiations. When I came home, I was shocked to be met with actual enthusiasm about the company I was looking at! She actually spoke like she could envision our future as owners, and was overall very positive about it.
It probably has a little to do with the nature of the company, being a fairly boring, stable industry, rather than something "cool" like a TV station (I'd looked into those previously)...but all the same, this was the first she's been truly supportive of my entrepreneurial pursuits.
This is a HUGE step, since I have a son, I love my wife, and I'm sure as hell not going anywhere, even if that meant abandoning my fastlane (not that I was gonna give it up without a fight, but my family is my priority). But it was wonderful to see her start to come around, and realize my goal is to give both her and my son the best life possible (and to ditch this graveyard shift crap that leaves me exhausted and her sleeping alone).
Anyone else have any stories about family or friends coming around (heh, I guess BEFORE you start being successful...everyone wants to be friendly when you're loaded!)?
I didn't realize it, but I think her resistance had to do more with me than with the program. At least, I'm guessing that looking back, because now that I've taken solid, concrete action (even though quite preliminary), she's exhibited a level of support I didn't imagine I'd see before I was actually in a business of my own and bringing home the big bucks.
Well, I started taking action in the last week or so, actually stepping out and meeting with a seller and beginning negotiations. When I came home, I was shocked to be met with actual enthusiasm about the company I was looking at! She actually spoke like she could envision our future as owners, and was overall very positive about it.
It probably has a little to do with the nature of the company, being a fairly boring, stable industry, rather than something "cool" like a TV station (I'd looked into those previously)...but all the same, this was the first she's been truly supportive of my entrepreneurial pursuits.
This is a HUGE step, since I have a son, I love my wife, and I'm sure as hell not going anywhere, even if that meant abandoning my fastlane (not that I was gonna give it up without a fight, but my family is my priority). But it was wonderful to see her start to come around, and realize my goal is to give both her and my son the best life possible (and to ditch this graveyard shift crap that leaves me exhausted and her sleeping alone).
Anyone else have any stories about family or friends coming around (heh, I guess BEFORE you start being successful...everyone wants to be friendly when you're loaded!)?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
