The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vinz's Journey - Finally getting started.

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Hey guys.
I will be sharing progress, random thoughts, lessions and generally using this as a diary to also keep me accountable.

I've almost finished @Fox 's 1'000'000 web designer guide.
I already know web development, I know have to get better in doing business and actually making money.

UPDATE: Since I have to habits of trying things out for a few days then letting it die out, I will post my goals and post frequent updates to keep myself accountable.

MAIN GOALS:

SHORT TERM
- 4 months from now (Mid October 2021) : Make 4k in monthly income.
- Having already quit my job by then. Will do soon, I only need 1k monthly for basic expenses

MID TERM
- 9 months from now : 12k monthly income .

LONG TERM (Not longest term but good for now)
- 2 years : Start working towards my CENTS business, thinking about a SaaS and make it profitable.

Today I had my very first website deal ! Its for a close family member

He doesn't have major problems in his business (he's doing good by getting clients with word of mouth) but he said a good number of people already asked if he has a website. So that could be the first problem to solve:
#1 . Establish trust with potential and ongoing clients
and, complementary
#2. Have a professional image for the business.

I will talk with him more extensively about what the site can do

Felt a bit nervous proposing even for a family member for free, lol
I need to get some confidence in my speaking for sure. This is the first small step though.

Edit #1 : Putting up some goals

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Hey guys.
I will be sharing progress, random thoughts, lessions and generally using this as a diary to also keep me accountable.

I've almost finished @Fox 's 1'000'000 web designer guide.
I already know web development, I know have to get better in doing business and actually making money.

Today I had my very first website deal ! Its for a close family member

He doesn't have major problems in his business (he's doing good by getting clients with word of mouth) but he said a good number of people already asked if he has a website. So that could be the first problem to solve:
#1 . Establish trust with potential and ongoing clients
and, complementary
#2. Have a professional image for the business.

I will talk with him more extensively about what the site can do

Felt a bit nervous proposing even for a family member for free, lol
I need to get some confidence in my speaking for sure. This is the first small step though.
Day #2
I implemented @LightHouse productivity system. Finally something I like, I feel this will help me so much.

Family member sent loads of photos to put on the site. I still have to do a demo version, and I'll be talking with him face to face tomorrow If I have one ready..
We discussed a bit on the content and the domain name today.

He told me to choose the best name, so I will look for that tomorrow and start building

Feel excited for the first small steps ! I want to make sure this delivers actual value.

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Day #3
Day off from work. I started the development of the site with Wordpress and Elementor. Picked up a template , now I have first version of the site !

I got the looks down, so I will research on how to make it actually useful and perfom the best it can while continuing a bit on the development...

I know that @Fox uses HTML templates, but with Wordpress+Elementor I can actually build the site for free... no need to pay for the template.
Plus I will probably transfer it to HTML once I start getting traction and I will check out the Udemy course.

Also modify the profile on Freelancer to make it more worthy. Only if I wasn't banned from Upwork .. I'm thinking if it's worth it to try and get it back
Worrying also if I'm spreading myself too much, I'm trying to do a lot of things
I need money now but probably its better if I focus all my energy on following Fox's methods (I've been also doing @Lex DeVille Upwork guide and applying to freelancer) since I have already a site going on

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Day #4
Decided that going on freelancer.com is complementary to doing real life business. So I will keep doing both

Probably I don't need to update this daily as I will focus more and more on the business. I want to put more hours in and for that I need to get my discipline back and start to FOCUS...

Did some research on sites of businesses similar to my cousin and put some work in. I'm getting an idea of what on their sites may be good and what may be not by thinking from a customer's perspective
Also that's future potential clients...

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Had little time today.
I made lots of improvements on the site though the past days and I already learned some pretty cool things in Elementor, had fun with it.
I still want to switch to templates , for now I keep with it because I can do it free.

I want to start doing paid work on freelance.com by tuesday, so I can bootstrap with some quicker bucks.

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
After some great feedback from Lex DeVille, I won't even bother on doing stuff on freelancer.com

Putting my focus in the web design business. I learned on how to sell myself through proposals either way, so that's useful

Templeton

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 25, 2019
Kraków, Poland
Day #3
Day off from work. I started the development of the site with Wordpress and Elementor. Picked up a template , now I have first version of the site !

I got the looks down, so I will research on how to make it actually useful and perfom the best it can while continuing a bit on the development...

I know that @Fox uses HTML templates, but with Wordpress+Elementor I can actually build the site for free... no need to pay for the template.
Plus I will probably transfer it to HTML once I start getting traction and I will check out the Udemy course.

Also modify the profile on Freelancer to make it more worthy. Only if I wasn't banned from Upwork .. I'm thinking if it's worth it to try and get it back
Worrying also if I'm spreading myself too much, I'm trying to do a lot of things
I need money now but probably its better if I focus all my energy on following Fox's methods (I've been also doing @Lex DeVille Upwork guide and applying to freelancer) since I have already a site going on
u can test out webflow, cause there is option to export it to HTML/css/java. Its great way to create fully custom no-code websites that don't require cms/are not for shops etc. I know many people doing this way also.
Cheers,

Last edited:

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
First website finished !
Excited to get the ball rolling and start putting in real work. I will do another site for a family member, max 2 and will start cold calling /emailing businesses
u can test out webflow, cause there is option to export it to HTML/css/java. Its great way to create fully custom websites that don't require cms/are not for shops etc. I know many people doing this way also.
Cheers,
Thanks for the suggestion. I checked and the export option is for paid accounts
I'm trying out html templates and I like it so I will go with it
At least I can put the last 2 years spent learning how to code to use lol

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Hey guys, little update
So I haven't been doing much on the web design side. I changed jobs and now I actually like this job, I can make some ok money to suffice for myself and I still work 30 hours a week so I have time to do stuff in my free time. So that is a good foundation finally.

I've started this now so I'm going back to creating websites in the meanwhile, I still want to hit it big.
I proposed to another cousin of mine. Even though he didn't 100% agree, he wanted to wait, I told him I will still create it and that's what I'm doing .
I slacked these last days so I intend to put the hours in again. I don't want this to be another thing that I started doing for a week that made it die off.

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Little Update since I'm tired of telling to myself "I'm tired of this shit" and not actually taking action. I moved so slow recently.

I tried doing some task work but that's just not worth it for me so I'll focus on web design.

I figured out that what I miss is commitment and discipline to work at it every day.

Still the website is pretty much finished. Just some small corrections. I will finish it tomorrow
Then no excuses. I have two websites to show and it will be time to start calling people

Also found out that a guy at my workplace is kinda doing the same thing but ecommerce oriented. Talk to people. You never know what's gonna come out that might benefit you. This was brought up because I asked him if he does something aside of work.

Keep me accountable boys

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
I'm back after a month and few weeks

I didn't take the business much further. I completed the second site, but my parent wanted to keep it on standby because he is solving some important problems in his business.

I had two weeks of vacation which I really needed. Time to faze out and reflect.
I'm back and my job is keeping me good, I enjoy it and I am better than ever socially, I'm also getting additional sales direct experience.

I keep asking myself how I can raise so money because I am really in need now. And I always forget that I said I was to start a Web Design business. It is still the best path so I want to keep myself committed.

So the situation is that now I have one website to show off. I want to start doing some paid work, even if with little earning.
To start off small I'm writing some cold email, starting with 2 a day then building up to also calling.
I often feel overwhelmed so doing the smallest thing possible is important to keep me from procrastinating even further.

Reconsidered the big goals, now I'm pointing to :
- Reach 3k income in 6 months.

Main goal now is to get the first proper client.

Let's keep going !

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
I didn't forget about this thread. I don't want to !

UPDATE

I made some progress money wise.
I have some little spare money to invest now.
But I did make enormous progress mentally and with my confidence.

I realize the first thing I've really been missing that's holding me back is CONFIDENCE.
I kept going to the gym and lifting consistently. I'm seeing the results now and that is helping immensely with my self-confidence.

By re-reading this thread I realize I some action though. Only it was really sparse and fearful.

Yeah, I still didn't get the web design business off the ground... I still think I seriously have to work on my mental health. And I am working on it indeed.
I'm doing the Self Authoring program by Jordan Peterson. Facing your thoughts is one of the best things you can do. So you do it in the program.

Combine this, with lifting, and finally being constant with meditation, and FINALLY having some money from the job I can invest ---> Confidence.
I do realize how much of a p*ssy I was and probably still am to a degree....

BUT, let's get to what I'm doing.
  • Selling all my games and other stuff on Ebay. This is having good benefits for me :
    • I'm seeing some money coming in. Even if it isn't thousand, it's a start !
    • I'm separating from my past self by getting rid of all those videogames I'm attached to.
    • I'm taking action, even if small, and getting momentum
    • I'm starting to learn about business : What gets an object its value, finding a market, dealing with customers and getting feedback, the amount of work you have to put in, finding ideas to scale and invest, creating a system etc
  • Made 500 euros in the past two months from Ebay.
    • I want to scale and start to seriously hustle.
      • I want 500€ a month then we will go from there.
      • Looking to start buying something I can resell to profit on. Probably consoles.
  • This made me realize I set way too high goals when I started here.
    • Doing something small right now to get started is much more effective for me.
    • The amount of work you put in = The results you get out.
      • I'm putting probably an hour of work not even every day. I want to put as much as possible, possibly 3-4 hours.
The second most important thing I lacked is FOCUS.
Which still comes from confidence.

Confidence ---> Clarity -----> Speed

(Credits to Nicholas Verge for this)
My attention was scattered around and still risks to be.
I switched when something didn't seem to work.

Everything takes time and I need to put the work in.
I want to make Ebay Selling / Hustling work and get as much profit as possible, before switching to something with more leverage.

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
May 9, 2021
I didn't forget about this thread. I don't want to !

(Credits to Nicholas Verge for this)
My attention was scattered around and still risks to be.
I switched when something didn't seem to work.
Good luck brah,

I started FWS around the same time as you but also had to duck out around the same time due to a few stout kicks in the pants from life.
Looks like you had a few things going for you the last time you had momentum, build it back up and keep it up mate!

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Good luck brah,

I started FWS around the same time as you but also had to duck out around the same time due to a few stout kicks in the pants from life.
Looks like you had a few things going for you the last time you had momentum, build it back up and keep it up mate!
Thanks mate !
Yeah life hit hard, but it did more before I started this or even knew the fastlane forum.
I just read the chapter in The Great Rat Race escape where MJ talks about focusing on small wins if you've never started a business before. Spot on for me.
Have a little idea to flip console and make profit. Will keep you updated !

Are building momentum back too mate ? What are you doing / focusing on right now ?

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
So , let me use this to put out some thoughts and plans I'm having lately :

• Working on my mental health has been extremely beneficial. Writing about your past traumas frees you of emotional weight and baggage. I seriously feel physically ligher.
    • You can't work efficiently if your mental health and focus is shit.
      • Doing the Self Authoring Program by Jordan Peterson and Meditation are really helping me.
    • Now I often feel this wonderful sense of flow in life.
    • At the moment I want to focus entirely on my mental health as it is something I always overlooked!
  • I'm finally having some money to invest in myself. I spend just for what's necessary and useful for my growth. Now what I would like more of, is time!
  • I need to become the person who can make a business work. Honestly I still don't feel like I'm ready, but I'm getting there.
  • As @Envision said in his post, a Job is your base foundation. Being dead broke and desperate about money doesn't help you in growing a business. So I want to focus more on improving my job, my foundation , now.
  • I'm still selling stuff on ebay, and receiving positive feedback has been a great experience. So let's say this is my first little business. And receiving some money, even if little,, pretty regularly feels good.
  • I'm still wasting time on useless sh*t like youtube or Instagram, or socials. But less than before. Again mental health work is helping. Working on it
  • Reading about it and doing it are different things. Focus on doing.

I'm doing stuff that I know and feel confident that will help me massively in the future.

Last edited:

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
So, figured I'd do a little update...
To keep myself accountable, and get some real action in, I subscribed to Fox Web School's program
Just the fact of paying a monthly fee keeps me going and wanting to make it.
I'm not giving up, just progressing slowly and trying to get over my limiting beliefs.

Also I realized my main goal is Freedom. Freedom to experiment, to do art, to spend my time how I like..

I started doing some prospecting, a few cold calls
A guy contacted me from one of my posts in FB groups... and I responded two weeks later ! I tend to ignore message requests from FB, and I was on holiday.
Still I responded to him, let's see if he hits back.

Monthly Income from Web Design :

September 2022 : 0 €

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
May 9, 2021
Looks like you're still hanging in there despite dropping in and out (I did the same thing last fall and this spring).
Just keep up with it man, stay hungry!

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Looks like you're still hanging in there despite dropping in and out (I did the same thing last fall and this spring).
Just keep up with it man, stay hungry!
Exactly ahahah ! I struggle with staying consistent, and in the meanwhile I changed Jobs, but I kept working on myself and self-improving, now I am more committed

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.