The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Ultimate Status Symbol? It's Not What You Think...

Anything related to matters of the mind

BLITZSCALER

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Sep 30, 2018
International $$
Are you someone who gets a thrill from buying the most recent iPhone? Or do you find yourself lusting after the latest Louis, Gucci, or Balenciaga? If that's the case, it's time for a paradigm shift regarding what constitutes a true status symbol in our time. The most precious symbol isn't what you might think - it's not wealth, fancy cars, or luxury goods. Moreover, anyone can access this symbol.

In the hustle and bustle of today's world, the ultimate status symbol is, quite surprisingly... SILENCE.

Ever puzzled over why the world's most influential families choose to keep a low profile, living in peaceful neighborhoods? The answer lies in their understanding that silence is an indicator of self-control and dominion over one's surroundings.

So how can you tap into the transformative power of silence? Here's a five-step roadmap to incorporate more silence into your daily life:

1.Appreciate silence during nighttime: A good night's sleep is more advantageous than any gym session, detox routine, or dietary supplement. It revitalizes you, setting you up for success the next day.

2.Pursue silence during work hours: Every single push notification you receive is a thief. It steals your concentration, your tranquility, and, in the long run, your potential income.

3. Carve out silent moments in your everyday rituals: In the serene moments of your daily practices, you can tap into deep wisdom. Whether you see it as divine guidance or simply your intuition, profound insights come to those who pause to listen.

4. Designate a silent day at the end of your week: Set aside one day for a break from the digital world. No devices, no day trading, no updates. You deserve the luxury of a day filled with silence.

5. Foster silence within your soul: Making impactful decisions requires a quiet mind. Silence enables you to distance yourself from transient emotions and malicious intentions, allowing you to tune in to your inner compass.

Back in ancient Rome, it was easy to tell slaves apart from masters by their pace of life. Slaves moved quickly, spoke rapidly, and never dared to interrupt. In contrast, masters moved at a leisurely pace, with thoughtfulness, and always operated in silence.

In our modern, distraction-filled world, let's reclaim silence as the ultimate badge of honor. Let's journey through the fastlane... in silence.

What's your take on this, Fastlane community? Have you discovered the magic of silence in your entrepreneurial endeavors? I'm excited to hear about your experiences and thoughts! друг

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Are you someone who gets a thrill from buying the most recent iPhone? Or do you find yourself lusting after the latest Louis, Gucci, or Balenciaga? If that's the case, it's time for a paradigm shift regarding what constitutes a true status symbol in our time. The most precious symbol isn't what you might think - it's not wealth, fancy cars, or luxury goods. Moreover, anyone can access this symbol.

In the hustle and bustle of today's world, the ultimate status symbol is, quite surprisingly... SILENCE.

Ever puzzled over why the world's most influential families choose to keep a low profile, living in peaceful neighborhoods? The answer lies in their understanding that silence is an indicator of self-control and dominion over one's surroundings.

So how can you tap into the transformative power of silence? Here's a five-step roadmap to incorporate more silence into your daily life:

1. **Appreciate silence during nighttime:** A good night's sleep is more advantageous than any gym session, detox routine, or dietary supplement. It revitalizes you, setting you up for success the next day.

2. **Pursue silence during work hours:** Every single push notification you receive is a thief. It steals your concentration, your tranquility, and, in the long run, your potential income.

3. **Carve out silent moments in your everyday rituals:** In the serene moments of your daily practices, you can tap into deep wisdom. Whether you see it as divine guidance or simply your intuition, profound insights come to those who pause to listen.

4. **Designate a silent day at the end of your week:** Set aside one day for a break from the digital world. No devices, no day trading, no updates. You deserve the luxury of a day filled with silence.

5. **Foster silence within your soul:** Making impactful decisions requires a quiet mind. Silence enables you to distance yourself from transient emotions and malicious intentions, allowing you to tune in to your inner compass.

Back in ancient Rome, it was easy to tell slaves apart from masters by their pace of life. Slaves moved quickly, spoke rapidly, and never dared to interrupt. In contrast, masters moved at a leisurely pace, with thoughtfulness, and always operated in silence.

In our modern, distraction-filled world, let's reclaim silence as the ultimate badge of honor. Let's journey through the fastlane... in silence.

What's your take on this, Fastlane community? Have you discovered the magic of silence in your entrepreneurial endeavors? I'm excited to hear about your experiences and thoughts!
I think the greatest status is not living a lame life without cool thing and being a monk.

It's freedom. The freedom to do what you want, buy what you want and be what you want.
There is nothing unhealthy about buying expensive things.
If you buy a lambo and hope people will like you more you will fail.
If you buy it because you like the car then you can't fail because there is no hope to archive something in the first place.

I'd argue that most people living this "low radar" life are doing it to boost their own ego and to think that they are somehow more confident, intelligent and mature than the people who like cool things.

However freedom to me, starts with myself. I make up my own values for myself and give myself the freedom to not think in good or bad. Guru x said having a dream car makes you a pussy. Company y says driving a BMW will get you laid.
Subsonic says nothing and simply does what makes him happy.

BLITZSCALER

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Sep 30, 2018
International $$
I think the greatest status is not living a lame life without cool thing and being a monk.

It's freedom. The freedom to do what you want, buy what you want and be what you want.
If you buy it because you like the car then you can't fail because there is no hope to archive something in the first place.

I'd argue that most people living this "low radar" life are doing it to boost their own ego and to think that they are somehow more confident, intelligent and mature than the people who like cool things.

However freedom to me, starts with myself. I make up my own values for myself and give myself the freedom to not think in good or bad. Guru x said having a dream car makes you a pussy. Company y says driving a BMW will get you laid.
I appreciate your thoughtful inpt. You make a compelling case about freedom being a superior status symbol, and I totally agree with you. The ability to decide our own paths, to buy what we enjoy, and to shape our identities – that's a common aspiration in our Fastlane community.

You're absolutely right that there's nothing inherently wrong with enjoying the finer things in life. If purchasing a luxury car or a high-end item brings you happiness, that's absolutely fine. The main point of my original post wasn't to criticize these pursuits, but rather to highlight the value of silence and introspection in our busy lives.

Your remark about some individuals choosing a "low radar" lifestyle to bolster their self-esteem is intriguing. It serves as a reminder that motivations are often complex and varied. While some might indeed derive a sense of superiority from their quieter lifestyle, others may genuinely prefer a life of peace and privacy. Recognizing this diversity in preferences and ways of living is key.

Ultimately, I think your viewpoint aligns beautifully with the concept of silence I was discussing. When you express that "Subsonic doesn't adhere to external voices and simply pursues what brings joy," you're embodying a kind of silence—not a lack of sound, but a serene assurance in following your own trajectory without the need for external validation or endorsement.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Ever puzzled over why the world's most influential families choose to keep a low profile, living in peaceful neighborhoods?

To stay away from the degenerates

1.Appreciate silence during nighttime: A good night's sleep is more advantageous than any gym session, detox routine, or dietary supplement. It revitalizes you, setting you up for success the next day.

2.Pursue silence during work hours: Every single push notification you receive is a thief. It steals your concentration, your tranquility, and, in the long run, your potential income.

3. Carve out silent moments in your everyday rituals: In the serene moments of your daily practices, you can tap into deep wisdom. Whether you see it as divine guidance or simply your intuition, profound insights come to those who pause to listen.

4. Designate a silent day at the end of your week: Set aside one day for a break from the digital world. No devices, no day trading, no updates. You deserve the luxury of a day filled with silence.

5. Foster silence within your soul: Making impactful decisions requires a quiet mind. Silence enables you to distance yourself from transient emotions and malicious intentions, allowing you to tune in to your inner compass.

This is a list of how less noise is helpful for productivity, which is unrelated to why smart people live in good neighborhoods, and has nothing to do with status.

Silence is nothingness.

How successful is your company when it's silent?

Nobody knows about it. Nobody hears the good news of what you're offering. Nobody does business with you. Irrelevant.

How successful is your life when you're silent?

Same thing. Nobody knows about you. Nobody associates with you. 0 friends. 0 girlfriends. 0 people at all. You're a dork now.

Life is the same amount of time for everyone, how do some people fit more life in than others? Massive action, attention, activity, etc.

Winners are always doing stuff. They're building their company, bringing on new people to run different parts of their business, always building their network and social circle, always trying new things, always analyzing, always using their brain, always communicating and learning, etc. And they're always talking. Life isn't a movie where the "sigma male" sitting alone ends up getting attention and being the star of the show. He gets forgotten like a nerd and the attention and rewards go to the active man taking up the stage and being the center of attention.

Attention is the commodity, you won't get it being quiet.

BLITZSCALER

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Sep 30, 2018
International $$
To stay away from the degenerates

This is a list of how less noise is helpful for productivity, which is unrelated to why smart people live in good neighborhoods, and has nothing to do with status.

Silence is nothingness.

How successful is your company when it's silent?

Nobody knows about it. Nobody hears the good news of what you're offering. Nobody does business with you. Irrelevant.

How successful is your life when you're silent?

Same thing. Nobody knows about you. Nobody associates with you. 0 friends. 0 girlfriends. 0 people at all. You're a dork now.

Life is the same amount of time for everyone, how do some people fit more life in than others? Massive action, attention, activity, etc.

Winners are always doing stuff. They're building their company, bringing on new people to run different parts of their business, always building their network and social circle, always trying new things, always analyzing, always using their brain, always communicating and learning, etc. And they're always talking. Life isn't a movie where the "sigma male" sitting alone ends up getting attention and being the star of the show. He gets forgotten like a nerd and the attention and rewards go to the active man taking up the stage and being the center of attention.

Hey whats up Johnny boj
It looks like you might be getting a bit mixed up with the points I raised. It's no coincidence that highly sucessful people often prefer a quiet, withdrawn lifestyle. This silence creates room for the kind of concentration and focus that is absolutely essential for high performance. The silence I'm advocating for isn't synonymous with a state of inactivity or passivity. It's not about bringing the business or personal life to a standstill. Rather, it's about deliberately creating breaks to recharge the mental focus and energy that are needed for sustained success and progress. It's important to recognise that silence can also be a form of communication. The ability to listen and reflect is as crucial as the ability to express oneself effectively and draw attention. It's about balance. Yes, winners are active, but they are also thoughtful. They understand when it's time to talk and act and when it's time to listen and learn. As for your question of how successful a company is when it's silent: a company that is standing still is not the same as a company that practices silence deliberately. When we talk about silence, we mean deliberate quietness, a space that allows for thinking and strategic planning. Such a company is often very successful because it is able to concentrate on the essentials and not get lost in the endless distractions and noise of the modern business world. Success is not measured solely by the amount of activities we engage in, but also by the quality of our decisions and actions. And this quality often arises in silence. Think about it...

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
highly sucessful people often prefer a quiet, withdrawn lifestyle.
That's just old people.

What kind of person is out on sailing expeditions? Traveling the world? Always meeting tons of new people? Doing new stuff daily? Always moving.... Being the center of attention.

Is it losers?

No, it's the winners. The winners who build up their fitness, their social circle, their business, their skills, their knowledge. Always moving, never sitting around and always up to something.

The greatest people I know are always up to something. Every time I get in touch they are on a new level, another chapter, another step higher, and the same with me.

You're not losing because you're not quiet enough, you're losing because you're quiet and irrelevant, nobody knows about you.

I need to be louder, more obvious, more seen, more in-your-face, more unforgettable, more everything!

I need to do more, get out more, talk more, shake more hands, go to more places, meet more people, get in front of more eyeballs, etc.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Ultimate status:

If you need to show off, you ain’t got it.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Status symbols or signaling is for people that don’t have status.

Live however you like. Don’t weigh the expectations of others.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 9, 2022

The greatest people I know are always up to something. Every time I get in touch they are on a new level, another chapter, another step higher, and the same with me.

I need to do more, get out more, talk more, shake more hands, go to more places, meet more people, get in front of more eyeballs, etc.

Gold. For a person who is chasing and building or just flipping their entire life around, holy F*ck this is gold.

The sigma male bullshit is a big cope. Doing LESSto achieve MORE? Talking LESS to people to get BETTER with people?
Making eye contact and all of a sudden people are attracted to you? Wow, that sounds like no work at all and very appealing(if you're lazy) to a mass of brainless consumers. A marketing trend aims to hit those who are too busy being victims to break out of their shells... to do what's needed to change.

The way I see it, you gotta get used to the attention, the eyeballs, the people staring at your growth and transformation. The journey up is always going to be watched by those by those who are too afraid to climb.

Your metamorphosis is your ultimate status symbol because you can lay down every single night with a smile saying god damn I pushed it hard today. I can't wait to wake up and do it all again. That's happiness to me.

It's not a matter of appreciating the silence and finding peace in the quietness, no if you're moving fast and in the forward direction, it's best you get used to the chaos. And if anything, get used to everything being chaotic and changing because you're not the same person you were yesterday if you're making progress.

A shark that doesn't swim suffocates and dies. A person who takes too much comfort in the silence will not know what to do in a chaotic environment brought upon by growth. He will also hear the voices of doubt again and you know if you listen to them for long enough... bye bye to your fastlane dreams.

BLITZSCALER

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Sep 30, 2018
International $$
Hi Matt , I think there might be a bit of misunderstanding about my earlier statements. When I talk about silence, it's not meant to suggest stagnation or complacency. I've been working with millionaires in the landscaping and garden services business, and one thing is common among the truly wealthy — they have mastery over their minds and often practice a form of silence.
Being constantly on the go, ceaselessly shaking hands, and stirring up noise can often be a sign of some deeper issues. MJ DeMarco emphasizes the importance of building systems that work for you. Being always busy and hectically active is not necessarily a virtue.

Consider this example of two brothers, both tasked with building a pyramid. One was ceaselessly active, lugging heavy stones without rest. The other, however, chose to stay in his quarters, quietly working on his strategic plan. Doesn't this remind you of MJ DeMarco's method while setting up his lead generation system? His first step was a period of quiet contemplation and structured analysis.

He had two options — a limo business demanding constant staff management, extreme stress, and with limited success prospects, or a business that could run without any unneeded chaos and issues. I don't mean to say his path was entirely peaceful. Growth is inevitably accompanied by challenges and hurdles.

Yet, true wealth can be found in this tranquility — an environment free from troubles, noise, and headaches. The key is not to ignore the hustle but to strike a balance between activity and peace. This is a secret shared by many successful individuals I've had the privilege of working with.

Further, I require a clear head, focus, and quiet when I'm working. For instance, I usually put my phone away when working, focusing solely on my objectives. No distractions allowed! I believe our brains, which function best in a calm state, require deliberate, purposeful actions rather than mindless busyness. It's not about pretending to be busy, but about taking actions that matter and yield results. This equilibrium is what I believe leads to genuine productivity and success.

Muhammad Ibrahim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Aug 1, 2022
be completely honest. you got this from "grim hustle", didnt you?

What's your take on this, Fastlane community? Have you discovered the magic of silence in your entrepreneurial endeavors? I'm excited to hear about your experiences and thoughts! друг

Muhammad Ibrahim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Aug 1, 2022

guru x is hamza, isnt it

Muhammad Ibrahim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Aug 1, 2022

hmm i think the ultimate status symbol would be "influence"
or power. or fear. or respect. not so different by the way.
being "quiet" can be good in some situations, but it is definitely not the secret to life, nor a status symbol.
althought the respect/fear/influence you get from being silent in certain situations could be.
also freedom is VERY VERY important but it probably isnt a status symbol by itself. what if the fact that you can do whatever you want and others cant and the level of influence it gives you over them is the real factor?

influence. power. how many people you can control/affect.

trunkmoon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 23, 2023
That's just old people.

What kind of person is out on sailing expeditions? Traveling the world? Always meeting tons of new people? Doing new stuff daily? Always moving.... Being the center of attention.

Is it losers?

No, it's the winners. The winners who build up their fitness, their social circle, their business, their skills, their knowledge. Always moving, never sitting around and always up to something.

You're not losing because you're not quiet enough, you're losing because you're quiet and irrelevant, nobody knows about you.

I need to be louder, more obvious, more seen, more in-your-face, more unforgettable, more everything!

Thanks man, this post pointed me to what I was missing recently. I am definitely going to focus to be more like the winner type you described.

JNagtegaal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 5, 2023
That's just old people.

Is it losers?

But what if you are not a winner yet, I could go and show off on my instagram my latest bench press record or a new selfie in a different city every week to show everyone how active and “outgoing” I am but these actions are not really beneficial to my future succes.

I don’t use Instagram or Snapchat and most of my weekends after my normal workweek i’m at home behind my laptop chipping away at my business, people in my city know that i’m busy with business and fitness etc but because you won’t see me post anything it creates a air of mystery which creates interest as I have often noticed when I do go out etc.

I believe the best way about this is a balance between what you are saying and what German Kan is saying. Be out there when what you are showing off is truly impressive and will get attention, and stay quiet, humble and focused when you have nothing to show for. Then again, you and I are in a very different position in life since I am only 21 and assuming by reading you’re threads you are already at the point where showing off is not really gonna be detrimental to you’re future success.

Interested in you’re view on this

- Edit, you’re business probably also requires more handshaking Johnny than for example E-commerce where most of the advertising is online

Muhammad Ibrahim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Aug 1, 2022
Yep, it's inspiring!
it might be "inspiring" to some but keep in mind,
1. they're paid actors. the russian mafia boss main character, was never in the russian mafia.
2. they are talking about "silence is important blah blah blah" but are they silent? are they quiet? or are they turning it up on the internet and building a following by SPEAKING instead of being silent. remember the rule about gurus? dont just look at what they say, but what they do.
although silence is golden in many situations, remember, grim hustle is a business. they say what they know people will like, reshare and thus, make their youtube channel more money. they are not some guy talking from experience (like the members of this forum)

BLITZSCALER

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Sep 30, 2018
International $$
it might be "inspiring" to some but keep in mind,
1. they're paid actors. the russian mafia boss main character, was never in the russian mafia.
2. they are talking about "silence is important blah blah blah" but are they silent? are they quiet? or are they turning it up on the internet and building a following by SPEAKING instead of being silent. remember the rule about gurus? dont just look at what they say, but what they do.
although silence is golden in many situations, remember, grim hustle is a business. they say what they know people will like, reshare and thus, make their youtube channel more money. they are not some guy talking from experience (like the members of this forum)
Thanks for your thought-provoking input. You're spot on in reminding us that what we see in media presentations, including video or film, may not necessarily reflect real-life experiences. As you pointed out, actors are skilled professionals adept at bringing diverse roles and characters to life on screen, even if those personas bear little resemblance to their personal experiences.

Your comment about the contradiction between promoting and practicing silence is well taken. Sharing ideas and thoughts on the internet doesn't inherently oppose the concept of valuing silence. The essential task is to strike a balance and understand when to utilize silence as a tool for calming our minds and listening to our inner selves.

You're right on the money about YouTube channel revenue, too. Many content creators craft content they know their audience will appreciate, which is an integral part of their business strategy. As discerning consumers, we must differentiate between what's authentic advice and what might simply be an attempt to gain popularity.

However, the main message of this thread, emphasizing the importance of silence in our increasingly noisy and chaotic world, holds a great deal of value. It's not about complete silence, but about carving out moments of quiet in our lives to focus on our thoughts and inner dialogue.

Furthermore, aligning with "Andreij," those with firsthand experience often report that within many organizations, it's typically the leader who is the most silent, while those of lower rank are the ones rushing around, always on the move. Those who became too conspicuous could potentially find themselves in precarious circumstances. This point reinforces the original metaphor from the thread, which painted a picture of ancient Roman society where the slaves were hurried and never dared to interrupt, while the masters operated in silence and with thoughtful consideration.

Being silent doesn't equate to inactivity; rather, it often suggests a thoughtful, strategic approach to situations. This wisdom can apply to numerous aspects of life, from professional to personal contexts.

Your contribution underscores the importance of thinking critically, questioning the narratives we're given, and distinguishing between genuine wisdom and content designed merely for popularity. Engaging in this type of discussion enriches us all, fostering a more informed and mindful consumption of information. Thanks again for your insights.

Muhammad Ibrahim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Aug 1, 2022
Thanks for your thought-provoking input. You're spot on in reminding us that what we see in media presentations, including video or film, may not necessarily reflect real-life experiences. As you pointed out, actors are skilled professionals adept at bringing diverse roles and characters to life on screen, even if those personas bear little resemblance to their personal experiences.

Your comment about the contradiction between promoting and practicing silence is well taken. Sharing ideas and thoughts on the internet doesn't inherently oppose the concept of valuing silence. The essential task is to strike a balance and understand when to utilize silence as a tool for calming our minds and listening to our inner selves.

You're right on the money about YouTube channel revenue, too. Many content creators craft content they know their audience will appreciate, which is an integral part of their business strategy. As discerning consumers, we must differentiate between what's authentic advice and what might simply be an attempt to gain popularity.

However, the main message of this thread, emphasizing the importance of silence in our increasingly noisy and chaotic world, holds a great deal of value. It's not about complete silence, but about carving out moments of quiet in our lives to focus on our thoughts and inner dialogue.

Furthermore, aligning with "Andreij," those with firsthand experience often report that within many organizations, it's typically the leader who is the most silent, while those of lower rank are the ones rushing around, always on the move. Those who became too conspicuous could potentially find themselves in precarious circumstances. This point reinforces the original metaphor from the thread, which painted a picture of ancient Roman society where the slaves were hurried and never dared to interrupt, while the masters operated in silence and with thoughtful consideration.

Being silent doesn't equate to inactivity; rather, it often suggests a thoughtful, strategic approach to situations. This wisdom can apply to numerous aspects of life, from professional to personal contexts.

Your contribution underscores the importance of thinking critically, questioning the narratives we're given, and distinguishing between genuine wisdom and content designed merely for popularity. Engaging in this type of discussion enriches us all, fostering a more informed and mindful consumption of information. Thanks again for your insights.
Bro is chatgpt incarnate

Nomads

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 3, 2014
Thank you for sharing. I resonated with two points you've made quite a bit.
I find this to be the biggest struggle. I strive to be as responsive and helpful for my customers as possible, but the more I look at it I think my approach actually takes away from their experience. Yes, they can jump for joy and celebrate how quickly I respond/my team responds to their emails, but are we actually taking focus away from more important matters that would benefit these customers more in the long run? Most likely.

I need to practice more discipline in this area. Even in a simple way like you suggested, by putting my phone away and closing my email while I work on specific tasks. I find myself constantly distracted by emails and messages coming in that do not need my immediate attention, yet I often give them my immediate attention. It then takes me 3x as long to get anything done as I have to refocus on the primary task. This cycle goes in loops as I end up distracted multiple times, over and over again.

If I redirected away from my phone/inbox for a bit and focused I would actually most likely end up with more free time to pay attention to customers as my main tasks would be completed in a much more efficient manner.

I think many in this thread have misunderstood your points. This concept is great. It's not to say one should sit around and do nothing.. but take a day removed away from the menial day-to-day grind.

Focus on the bigger picture, sit in peace and strategize.

Rejuvenate your mind by allowing it to wander and process past events and future plans.

Reinvigorate your drive by assessing your week without distraction and planning your next steps.

It's all too easy to get wrapped up in doing the same thing over, and over, and over... all because it is the main "task" that brings in money.

This "silent day" is a great opportunity to make sure you haven't just created a job for yourself. A day of innovation and exploration to prioritize your focus and make sure you are still building a system that will continue to grow to new levels.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I read through this post and I really like your answers to the different people with their various ideas.

BLITZSCALER

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Sep 30, 2018
International $$
Bro is chatgpt incarnate
Ok, bro, have fun and use a AI detector... Honestly, if I had to spend a lot of time on detailed writing, I might find it tiresome...... Perhaps brief responses, could be my style. But that's not how I see myself. I've always had a penchant for penning down my thoughts. I firmly believe that all of us have the potential to become a writer, especially if we're fueled by PASSION for a meaningful cause.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
@German Kan I think you have some valid points, but in effective communication, it's always prudent to avoid statements of absolutes. There will be a big difference in reception and reaction to:

"Silence is the Ultimate Status Symbol," vs "Benefits of Intentional Silence as a Growth Tool."

Muhammad Ibrahim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Aug 1, 2022
Ok, bro, have fun and use a AI detector... Honestly, if I had to spend a lot of time on detailed writing, I might find it tiresome...... Perhaps brief responses, could be my style. But that's not how I see myself. I've always had a penchant for penning down my thoughts. I firmly believe that all of us have the potential to become a writer, especially if we're fueled by PASSION for a meaningful cause.
nice

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
There’s a time for hustle and a time for silence.
It’s the freedom to choose between them as you like it that counts.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.