The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The "Thank you" thread

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
941%
Jun 7, 2008
I am on the train on the way to work right now, and I am feeling very thankful for everything I have. My life, my job (until the fastlane takes over), my family, friends, intelligence, entreprenurial ability, and the list goes on and on (not in any particular order really).

I was reading one of Russ' posts a minute ago when I came to the same realization again that we are quick to forget to take a step back everday and truly appreciate life and the people and things that make life great. Life is NOW as Russ said. Life itself is amazing; the magnificence of a lightning bolt, or the power of a waterfall. Or traveling to a new country and exploring things you have never seen.

I will stop myself before I go off on too many tangents. But I just want to use this thread to thank the people who have helped me, taught me, or loved me.

I would ask you to do the same, say thank you to the people you appreciate, and look back here when times get rough or when your head gets too big for your shoulders (which is contradictory since you probably wouldn't be able to realize that!) Do realize you have a support system and don't ever let your ego go to your head.

You can't put a price tag on a good relationship with someone, it is invaluable. So here are the people money can't buy!

People I would like to thank (jeeze, what is this, the Oscars? I'll keep it general.):

My family.
My girlfriend Nelli.
My friends.

And from this forum:

PhxMJ - without you there would be no fastlane. You are an inspiration to all. Thanks for all your advice.

GLC65 - thank you for your motivation and for taking time out of your personal schedule to talk with me and meet me. It has been great.

SteveO - thank you for your support, inspiration, the UFC fight and free pizza! Lol.

RealOG - thank you for your advice and kind words.

VR4Playa - thanks for being a close contact here in Chicago.

RussH - thank you for your stories and advice.

JScott - thank you for your worksheets and all of the valuable infomation you post.

Yankees338
- thanks for making contact with me and bouncing ideas back and forth.

If I forgot to mention anyone, it is early in the morning so please forgive me (or see the writing below)!

Thank you to everyone else who contributes to the Fastlane and anyone else who has given me advice and shared good times with me so far. I mentioned the names of those I have personally interacted with the most here. But the rest of you are not forgotten, and I hope to form more lasting relationships while on these forums. I am happy I was able to form so many already.

Well, that about wraps up my gushy post here. Just remember to be thankful for what you have more than the one time a year when the smell of turkey is in the air.

G_Alexander

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sounds like you have gained plenty of wisdom at a young age. Congrats G!

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
The feeling's mutual bud :smxB:

In fact looking at what you have done so far in such a short time-fram has been a real kick in the butt and really the only way I can show my appreciation is just getting out there and taking action! Lol, you're 6yrs younger and have already started more businesses than I have and it looks like you've got another great one in the works!

Anyways, we gotta get together more often and definitely a few times before you leave for school as I was really hoping to get a local Chicago group together before we ultimately leave for Phoenix(within the next 12 months).

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
941%
Jun 7, 2008
Thanks MJ and Clint for the positive words. You guys are great.

Clint, if you want to put something together just let me know. I have been busy (making $$$) but I would like to come to a get together for sure!

If anyone else here is thankful to a fellow fastlaner, feel free to let them know you appreciate them.

G_Alexander

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Will do- even another get together at the local Starbucks or maybe a double date...

As for people to thank, just as you stated it's like an Oscar's speech and I know I'm going to leave someone out, if so, please don't take it the wrong way, so here goes....

First and foremost, fanocks, your outside the box and against the grain thinking is exactly what a fastlaner should be and everytime I see a new post by you I look forward to reading it!

To everyone I have corresponded with via PM and gotten to know better namely lightning, MrPink, dkt91, Yankees338 and J P D.

To my wonderful mastermind group.... wildambitions, Win-Win, RealOG, Bobo, LazyAmericano, CACTUSWREN and of course my light, my inspiration, my fiance, ItsMyLife :smxB:

To everyone I got to meet at B&P from Bilgefisher for generously picking us up at the airport to all the locals whose hard work helped make everything run smoothly and make it a fun and enlightening experience, to everyone who generously shared their wealth of information through presentation(by the end, I was really hoping I would've been forced to present myself :smxB:)

To RussH for giving me a nice kick in the butt last Summer and constantly being a source of motivation.

To the young posters such as michael, RichKid, djs13 and AndrewG who are already making progress towards their fastlane plan!

And most of all, to MJ, without him there would be no fastlane for us creative and motivated types to get together and mingle!!! :coolgleamA:

EDIT- can't believe this slipped my mind, but the two people that introduced me to these forums in the first-place, Sprite, who was very generous to an immature jerk(me) on the sportbike forums and welcomed me to Lambo Power where RedShft told me about the web forum that would change my life for good!

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
vr4playa said:
Thanks . . . to RussH for giving me a nice kick in the butt last Summer and constantly being a source of motivation.
Hey, you're welcome!

Bet you didn't know when I played football I was the designated butt kicker! :D

-Russ H.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!