The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The story of my second Classified website

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

simocoa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 22, 2014
Hi everyone, after reading The Millionaire Fastlane a few years ago, I decided to open my first classified website in 2018. The website has proved a failure, people did not register, so I decided to close it.

On September 24, 2020, I decided to open my second classifieds website for a specific niche of objects, in Italy. I decided to open this new website after I noticed the various Ads scattered on the web (numerous dedicated facebook groups, facebook marketplace, generic classified sites) and so I thought of creating a website to bring together all the people on single classified website (mine) in order to facilitate people without having to try to buy / sell on different portals.

As I said, my website has been online since September 24 but for about 1 month, due to a technical problem, it was not possible to register and publish any new Ads, so I lost 1 month. I've never do advertising, to attract people I contact them on the generic classified sites and ask if they want to try my site. People respond to me in a very positive way and I get many compliments.

After 3 months (actual 2 months if we count the technical problem) and without advertising my website has 1000 Ads and 520 registered users.

An user also bought 1 premium Ad for 2 euro… I know it's little or nothing, but I was thrilled as I had just received 2000 euro :p

Google Analytic shows me 5500 sessions with an average duration of 4.35 minutes and 34300 page views. I know, numbers are low, but compared to my first classified website this is a big step forward for me, so I'm happy!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Caesar Magnifico

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 21, 2019
Well done mate. Now find another niche and rinse and repeat to build up a portfolio

simocoa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 22, 2014
Well done mate. Now find another niche and rinse and repeat to build up a portfolio
Thanks a lot! I have already thought of another niche that has the same "problems" as my current one. Of course I would have to buy a new domain and create another classified website, I can't mix the niches :)

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
Hi everyone, after reading The Millionaire Fastlane a few years ago, I decided to open my first classified website in 2018. The website has proved a failure, people did not register, so I decided to close it.

On September 24, 2020, I decided to open my second classifieds website for a specific niche of objects, in Italy. I decided to open this new website after I noticed the various Ads scattered on the web (numerous dedicated facebook groups, facebook marketplace, generic classified sites) and so I thought of creating a website to bring together all the people on single classified website (mine) in order to facilitate people without having to try to buy / sell on different portals.

As I said, my website has been online since September 24 but for about 1 month, due to a technical problem, it was not possible to register and publish any new Ads, so I lost 1 month. I've never do advertising, to attract people I contact them on the generic classified sites and ask if they want to try my site. People respond to me in a very positive way and I get many compliments.

After 3 months (actual 2 months if we count the technical problem) and without advertising my website has 1000 Ads and 520 registered users.

An user also bought 1 premium Ad for 2 euro… I know it's little or nothing, but I was thrilled as I had just received 2000 euro :p

Google Analytic shows me 5500 sessions with an average duration of 4.35 minutes and 34300 page views. I know, numbers are low, but compared to my first classified website this is a big step forward for me, so I'm happy!!

I thought 4.35 minutes are quite a lot.

Would you mind explaining the model again. I tried to reread and understand but I still dont understand.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
What is your „classified website“for?
What does it?

Last edited:

simocoa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 22, 2014
I thought 4.35 minutes are quite a lot.

Would you mind explaining the model again. I tried to reread and understand but I still dont understand.
I create a Classified Website, like Craigslist. My website it's a niche classified website

Do you think 4.35 minutes is good? I honestly do not understand

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
I create a Classified Website, like Craigslist. My website it's a niche classified website

Do you think 4.35 minutes is good? I honestly do not understand
I think 4,35 is pretty good.

What do you mean by saying classified?

simocoa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 22, 2014
I think 4,35 is pretty good.

What do you mean by saying classified?

A classified website means a place where you can find what you are looking for. If you are a job seeker then you can just go on the classified website. And with easy search, you would be able to find several suitable advertisements that will represent what you are looking for.

www.craigslist.org it's a generic classified website. I created my niche website classified

simocoa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 22, 2014
What is your „classified website“for?
What does it?
A classified website means a place where you can find what you are looking for. For example If you are a job seeker then you can just go on the classified website. And with easy search, you would be able to find several suitable advertisements that will represent what you are looking for.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Thanks. The expression was a bit confusing to me.
Sounds great!
How many categories does your nich site have?

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
A classified website means a place where you can find what you are looking for. For example If you are a job seeker then you can just go on the classified website. And with easy search, you would be able to find several suitable advertisements that will represent what you are looking for.
I didnt know that they call that a classified websites. Learning something every day. Well done! I dont know why and how the process is working for you but I guess you just keep repeating it?

simocoa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 22, 2014
I didnt know that they call that a classified websites. Learning something every day. Well done! I dont know why and how the process is working for you but I guess you just keep repeating it?
Sorry, I'm not very good at speaking English and I must have made some confusion.
Due to financial problems I cannot advertise my website on Facebook / google and for this reason I spend 2/3 hours per day on contacting people directly on other generic Classified website and propose them to visit my site and register. As a write previously, after 3 months (actual 2 months if we count the technical problem) and without advertising my website has 1000 published Ads and 520 registered users.
It probably won't be a fastlane business, but if I consider the failure of my previous website it makes me proud of the improvement I've had.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.