The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The sidewalk

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
I wouldn't count it as a success.

Even though I had a unique USP, it had many hidden flaws.

Flaws that could have been improved over time and with a better team.

But I graduated shortly after my first milestone so I wasn't authorised to run it anymore.

University societies are approved and owned by an overarching student institution that provides funding and support.

The society itself satisfied none of the CENTS commandments. Hopefully I wouldn't replicate something that is stemmed from red tapes in the future.

As for your last two questions...

I caught up with an old uni friend recently.

Our conversation somehow ended up on Fastlane topics and I started talking about MJ's book.

We nitpicked each other's brains for a long time. And all of a sudden he invited me to join his small startup team.

We're having our first meeting today.

This time I hope to achieve a magnitude that... actually let's see how it goes.

I'm still a naive kid from two years ago. There's more mistakes I need to make before I can find the 'how'.
I'm very naive.

1) Where are your main in-person hangout spots?

2) Where are your main online hangout spots?

3) Which brings more money? I have learned that money is very important, but all my money has come from offering value, not from trying to make it. I'm at a loss for words as to whether I should learn how to make money, or provide value because it's not guaranteed that providing value yields money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Let's try a different approach ...... you are a whining loser. There are a lot of them out there. What value could you provide to other whining losers?
Where can I find these whining losers? I can definitely motivate them and the whining loser(s) and I can accomplish the task together. But I want money out of it, or I won't do it. All I get from motivating others are compliments. If we take action, I usually get some sort of reward, not always money, and not always from them. An example is becoming more fit after captaining a soccer team.

Nily

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 27, 2016
Sydney
I'm very naive.

1) Where are your main in-person hangout spots?

2) Where are your main online hangout spots?

3) Which brings more money? I have learned that money is very important, but all my money has come from offering value, not from trying to make it. I'm at a loss for words as to whether I should learn how to make money, or provide value because it's not guaranteed that providing value yields money.

1) Everywhere. Because opportunities don't congregate in one place.

2)TFF is the only online place I hang out for now.

3) I can't help you with that.

But follow @JScott advice. It provides a mini blueprint for you to settle in while finding your way around.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
I had a long a$$ post ready for you but then I realized that you're a loser who can't even commit to getting a minimum wage job and yet believes he deserves to be rich and happy.

Get out of your head and out into the real world. Stop moping. You're what, 25, and can't take two rejections before saying 'oh this isn't for me'?

I'm disappointed in you as a person. You're not living up to your potential and it's all your fault.
No sir I'm 22.

My parents pretty much influenced me. They told me since I went to college I should only apply for desk jobs. I was ready to apply for a retail job at Microsoft "to get my foot in" but then my dad was like, "$8? Are you nuts?" and I didn't go to the open house.

Then I try asking him if I can join him in working in construction (which pays him good) and he tells me it's too hot and arid, there's people that faint doing that, but I don't really care. He still wants me working a desk job. I feel stuck.

Edit Here, let me add on to that edit:

I wanted to be a high school teacher. I seriously considered it after playing soccer with someone and he encouraged me. Then, I asked my godfather for advice (he has a PhD in education and has been a teacher for over 10 years) and after asking him for advice, all he told me was it's going to be extremely hard, maybe it's not for you, etc. And basically discouraged me. My own godfather, who i (once looked up to), discouraged me.

I'm on the rocks about making a decision about anything, and it seems like this forum is the only place that encourages me to do things. So I've been leaning towards going to the school board again, because I can make some money, and people tell me i'm just wasting my intelligence.

And lastly, on top of all of this, what if I find in my social group there are some high school teachers? If I ask them for advice, will they give me the same BS? Will everyone? Should I just ignore everyone? I used to ignore everyone and it worked out well getting me into college.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Just had a brilliant idea. I'm going to go on craigslist and find out what services people need, and fulfill these services! I might make it a goal to earn $150 a week, although thats on the very low end.

Nily

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 27, 2016
Sydney
If I was 25 I would probably have some money by now.

My parents pretty much influenced me. They told me since I went to college I should only apply for desk jobs. I was ready to apply for a retail job at Microsoft "to get my foot in" but then my dad was like, "$8? Are you nuts?" and I didn't go to the open house.

Then I try asking him if I can join him in working in construction (which pays him good) and he tells me it's too hot and arid, there's people that faint doing that, but I don't really care. He still wants me working a desk job. I feel stuck.

Edit Here, let me add on to that edit:

I wanted to be a high school teacher. I seriously considered it after playing soccer with someone and he encouraged me. Then, I asked my godfather for advice (he has a PhD in education and has been a teacher for over 10 years) and after asking him for advice, all he told me was it's going to be extremely hard, maybe it's not for you, etc. And basically discouraged me. My own godfather, who i (once looked up to), discouraged me.

I'm on the rocks about making a decision about anything, and it seems like this forum is the only place that encourages me to do things. So I've been leaning towards going to the school board again, because I can make some money, and people tell me i'm just wasting my intelligence.

And lastly, on top of all of this, what if I find in my social group there are some high school teachers? If I ask them for advice, will they give me the same BS? Will everyone? Should I just ignore everyone? I used to ignore everyone and it worked out well getting me into college.
You know you're free after you get your degree right?

Use a job to camouflage your true intention ie. starting a side business or jumping into your desired career.

One of my friend lied to everyone that he was going to be a lawyer (he did com/law). But he was secretly doing his all his internships at major investment banks. He ended up as an analyst at a private equity.

He's smart because an analyst earns more than a lawyer. And a private equity (or hedge fund) firm satisfies all the CENTS commandments if he ever decides to open his own business, whereas a law firm lacks sorely in all facets.

Life is a game. Play it well.

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!