The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Sidewalk just got worse...

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
Scrolled down my Instagram this morning and saw someone post this:

bf475b0aa34211e3a8fb123eec3cbe7a_8.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What happens after they eat the rich?

Depends ... are they "eating the rich" before or after the iPhone goes dead and the DirectTV subscription turned off?

FastLaner007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Jan 28, 2014
I'll guess they'll be rich then. You are what you eat, right?
This sounds like, "You get what you pay for" lol. I think the sidewalkers shall live off the wealth held by the rich once alive, and then end up eating each other all over again once all the resources are used up. Why? Because these incompetent and hopeless fools cant produce anything on their own, including growing crops. So once all the provisions in stores/planet is exhausted, they will slice each other off like mad zombies.

cashis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Feb 22, 2014
I wouldn't worry about it, they'd probably chase "the rich" for a few minutes, then give up and go home to browse Facebook on the neighbor's WiFi. Or maybe look at pictures of food on instagram?

@MJ DeMarco you are safest, who can chase after a lambo? :D

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
sick of all this 'inequality' victim bullshit, try reading some of the comments when business INSIDERS or something posts an article on it, brain melt

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Here ya go ... if this don't boil your emotions, nothing will.

jazb

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Nov 24, 2013
The U.K
Its actually sad to realise how bad the average person is with money. I always thought the sidewalk was a path walked by few, but it is a path walked by most. Its actually rare to meet someone who knows how to spend money.

Even IF you gave these people millions, they would still find a way to blow all of it and then blame everyone else for it

cashis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Feb 22, 2014

I couldn't even watch the whole thing, I started grinding my teeth 4 minutes in...
That c**t is the very definition of white trash. She thinks she's so smart cause she figured out how to get money without working. Worst of all, she has 3 kids that will most likely grow up to be just like her and her parents before her.

Off to watch pictures of puppies so I don't start punching the goddamn walls...

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Depends ... are they "eating the rich" before or after the iPhone goes dead and the DirectTV subscription turned off?
I literally use one of those two points in every one of my conversations about this.

Is this real????
YES this is real, there are people just like this EVERYWHERE. I know a family who's husband/father "hurt his back," and "cannot" work (this was YEARS ago), the mother is constantly pregnant since they get MORE money each month depending on how many kids they have, and the children live pretty normal lives, family lives in a nice Duplex in a great neighborhood. What possessed these people to truly believe they should not have to work? Immigrants (some of course, I'm not stereotyping) come to this country because they hear about how they can live a much better life than where they came from FOR FREE.

I hope for the sake of humanity that the caller in the video is fake, but I've seen far to much of it to believe that. There have always been scum like this and there always will be.

Oh GOD that was painful to listen to. "He just doesn't see the need to work..." "Were your mom and dad on welfare? 'Yeah'" "They encourage you to stay on the programs"

Is there a place to live where these people don't exist? If someone finds one, please PM me.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
No to dwell on the sidewalk more, but I just did my taxes the other day and it got me to the point of screaming!

This woman has 15, yes FIFTEEN children. She points at them and says the the camera "somebody's godda pay."

While I understand her sense of urgency and the fact that mothers must protect their children, the part right before it really sums it all up. Go ahead and have a watch.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
http://tiny.cc/v8c9bx => Has "produced" 15 kids. Says "somebody needs to hold accountable and pay for me". :p

@GravyBoat didn't see you posted the same thing above :D

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
didn't see you posted the same thing above
Worth a double post, thousands of my dollars earned from a slowlane job will be feeding those children and their children's children for years to come.

In fact I agree, someone needs to be held accountable!!!

ddinnov

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 19, 2013
London
This attitude drives me a bit mad as well but I'd decided to accept it as something I personally cannot change and I don't want the anger. I have conversations with people like this sometimes and they are so entrenched in their entitlement mentality there is just no point trying to have a conversation about it. It just get's 1-sided, quite heated.

I'll just say to myself - "Fine - you go and give yourself a ceiling of $1300/month and spend your life complaining and blaming 'the system' and 'the rich' for you not having what they've got"

They can live their life and I'll live mine. Next time I find myself in one of these conversations I'll drop in that "Yeah it's such a shame for the government and people who genuinely need it that I choose to minimise my tax liabilities - if there weren't people like you gaming the system I'd definitely pay more"...

These people believe that "the rich paying more taxes" is the answer to inequality and closing the rich/poor divide.

chigga102

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
May 24, 2013
All you can do is make sure your tax dollars don't go to people like this...

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Paleo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 3, 2014
"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship." (attributed to Alexander Tytler).

You might as well accept that this is the foreseeable future in the US. Welfare programs have exploded under Obama and they will continue to do so until the money runs out. When that happens,which it will, living in the outer suburbs and having a second home in another country would be a good idea. In the meantime do what ever you can to maximize your income and minimize your taxes so that you will have options

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
That's generational poverty. Generation after generation.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.