I am looking for a new job to mainly increase my salary, be closer to home, get better insurance, and further my IT skills. This is temporary and by no means life long.
Why at 25 can i not stand the thought of working for some basterd president to make his dreams come true?
What can I no way in hell see my self working the 8-5 for another 40 years?
I don't know how anyone makes it to the retirement age working 8-5 M-F.:bgh:
Searching for my new job is depressing and self-esteem lowering. Granted I've only been graduated from college and working in the professional IT industry for 2 years.
It makes no sense. Every call/in-person interview, I am constantly trying to impress the high up interviewer; for what? To work a solid 40 years on growing THEIR business.
Funny thing is, these people that are rating, judging, sizing me up; have no idea what i'm capable of other than whats on a piece of paper and a short conversation. I have never been let go, am an extremely hard and adaptable worker, am constantly pushing sales, and constantly imputting ideas and fine tuning the system. I'll get passed up because I don't have the right certifications or I don't have enough exerience. This makes no sense, i'm 25, upbeat, have tons of ideas, have EXCELLENT communication skillss, but they choose to not move forward with me because of something that can be learned or chained through experience.
I had an in-person interview the other day and i was asked, "How do you like to be managed?" I understand at a job you are in one way or another managed however this frustrated me as I never truly want to be managed. Its not in my blood to have someone else tell me how my life will go. I am the one who decides what is done.
Might be my confidence, but I am so much better than they will ever be, yet they're making a decision on me.
All getting a job is, is sucking a$$ to whoever the decision maker is. Then you're slaved into work work work trading your time for $$$. MJ has it right, modern day slavery.
Job searching has become my motivator.
Why at 25 can i not stand the thought of working for some basterd president to make his dreams come true?
What can I no way in hell see my self working the 8-5 for another 40 years?
I don't know how anyone makes it to the retirement age working 8-5 M-F.:bgh:
Searching for my new job is depressing and self-esteem lowering. Granted I've only been graduated from college and working in the professional IT industry for 2 years.
It makes no sense. Every call/in-person interview, I am constantly trying to impress the high up interviewer; for what? To work a solid 40 years on growing THEIR business.
Funny thing is, these people that are rating, judging, sizing me up; have no idea what i'm capable of other than whats on a piece of paper and a short conversation. I have never been let go, am an extremely hard and adaptable worker, am constantly pushing sales, and constantly imputting ideas and fine tuning the system. I'll get passed up because I don't have the right certifications or I don't have enough exerience. This makes no sense, i'm 25, upbeat, have tons of ideas, have EXCELLENT communication skillss, but they choose to not move forward with me because of something that can be learned or chained through experience.
I had an in-person interview the other day and i was asked, "How do you like to be managed?" I understand at a job you are in one way or another managed however this frustrated me as I never truly want to be managed. Its not in my blood to have someone else tell me how my life will go. I am the one who decides what is done.
Might be my confidence, but I am so much better than they will ever be, yet they're making a decision on me.
All getting a job is, is sucking a$$ to whoever the decision maker is. Then you're slaved into work work work trading your time for $$$. MJ has it right, modern day slavery.
Job searching has become my motivator.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
