- Joined
- Oct 2, 2014
- Messages
- 96
Rep Bank
$405
$405
User Power: 59%
My father is a food franchisee. He told me 10 min ago he's most likely going to lose his store within a couple weeks and he says he may be forced to go bankrupt. This will be the second store he's had to shut down. He lost the first one back in 2012. That was a tough year. I was working nonstop at the store I had to drop out of university so I can help out the family anyway I could. When hurricane sandy hit he lost around 30k I believe. I remember me and a bunch of employees saving all the food, equipment and stacking it up in a uhaul truck bringing it to other stores for the time being. Multiple trips that was a hectic week and a half. Think the power was out for like 13 days if I recall.
Since 2013 he's been working a job he hates just to survive and keep his business going. He drives all day long and is sick of it. Being your own boss for so long its gotta be tough mentally to answer to someone. I remember him telling me he's wants to quit but he can't.
Seeing the hardships we had to go thru and the lifestyle change its almost complete opposite what it was. Back when business was good we both belonged to private golf club he was happy as all hell. Played some father and son tournaments, took a golf trip to myrtle beach, went on a couple cruises, etc. Life was good.
Now for the past idk three years its extremely evident what failing business has done to him. He's depressed, lonely, hes put on a ton of weight and I think he's an alcoholic. He definitely has a bad unhealthy relationship with drinking I know that. There's been times where he's tried to hide it I know that's a red flag. Seeing the decline of him the past 5 years it really makes me upset. I swear failing business has aged him drastically.
All this has taken a toll on our relationship. My indecisiveness not wanting to go back to school or be a cop for 20 years so I can get that pension like he wish he would have...bad arguments ensue. I tell him he had the balls to take a chance. I tell him I don't want my wealth predicated on how many hours I clocked in. It just gets real ugly here. I spend most my days in the library because of it. So whenever I hear people say money doesn't mean anything I think to myself "F*ck you". Its everything. If you came from my family my background I promise you wouldnt think differently.
Sorry for the rambling.
Since 2013 he's been working a job he hates just to survive and keep his business going. He drives all day long and is sick of it. Being your own boss for so long its gotta be tough mentally to answer to someone. I remember him telling me he's wants to quit but he can't.
Seeing the hardships we had to go thru and the lifestyle change its almost complete opposite what it was. Back when business was good we both belonged to private golf club he was happy as all hell. Played some father and son tournaments, took a golf trip to myrtle beach, went on a couple cruises, etc. Life was good.
Now for the past idk three years its extremely evident what failing business has done to him. He's depressed, lonely, hes put on a ton of weight and I think he's an alcoholic. He definitely has a bad unhealthy relationship with drinking I know that. There's been times where he's tried to hide it I know that's a red flag. Seeing the decline of him the past 5 years it really makes me upset. I swear failing business has aged him drastically.
All this has taken a toll on our relationship. My indecisiveness not wanting to go back to school or be a cop for 20 years so I can get that pension like he wish he would have...bad arguments ensue. I tell him he had the balls to take a chance. I tell him I don't want my wealth predicated on how many hours I clocked in. It just gets real ugly here. I spend most my days in the library because of it. So whenever I hear people say money doesn't mean anything I think to myself "F*ck you". Its everything. If you came from my family my background I promise you wouldnt think differently.
Sorry for the rambling.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
