Hey everyone,
Since I hate writing in paragraphs, I'll give you a quick summary of where I'm coming from, where I am, and where I want to be:
-23 years old, from Toronto, Canada, 6'0, 164 lbs
-Recently graduated, majored in Economics and Finance
-Last summer, I participated in an UNPAID internship to gain work experience
-I hated the entire experience of working in an office. My supervisor was a complete jackass. I dreaded the thought of waking up at 7am every morning, spending 1 hour on public transportation, and dealing with the idiots at the office
-Most people from my graduation class do not have jobs
-I've been to three interviews since I graduated. While all three of them require a university degree, my degree would be absolutely useless there
-The interview for a job I had 2 days ago pays $30,000/year, yet the whole interview took hour and a half to complete. (I really hope they don't call me back, the job absolutely SUCKS)
-I live with my parents. Other then a little more than $10,000 in student loans, I don't have significant debt
-Since I absolutely dread the concept of trading my time for money, I want to have a business that fills a need and that can be automated
-I don't particularly care to have an outlandish lifestyle. I just don't want to worry about my finances, and have time to pursue my hobbies.
-That being said here are some of my materialistic wants :smxB: : Nissan GT-R, a condo in downtown Toronto by the lake, a jet-ski, and the ability to travel 6 times a year
-Non materialistic wants: Start kickboxing on a regular basis, go swimming, play chess, skiing, and learn to do BMX tricks,
I do have a few business ideas, but like MJ says, ideas are just pawns and useless without execution.
I'm very happy that I got on this path at a young age. Before I did my internship, I always thought I'd just get a job that pays 40K once I graduate, and finance an Infinity. This internship really showed me how much I would dislike working in an average office environment, even if it paid well.
Anyways, enough with my rant. I hope this forum will help me to learn and grow as a person and an entrepreneur.
Since I hate writing in paragraphs, I'll give you a quick summary of where I'm coming from, where I am, and where I want to be:
-23 years old, from Toronto, Canada, 6'0, 164 lbs
-Recently graduated, majored in Economics and Finance
-Last summer, I participated in an UNPAID internship to gain work experience
-I hated the entire experience of working in an office. My supervisor was a complete jackass. I dreaded the thought of waking up at 7am every morning, spending 1 hour on public transportation, and dealing with the idiots at the office
-Most people from my graduation class do not have jobs
-I've been to three interviews since I graduated. While all three of them require a university degree, my degree would be absolutely useless there
-The interview for a job I had 2 days ago pays $30,000/year, yet the whole interview took hour and a half to complete. (I really hope they don't call me back, the job absolutely SUCKS)
-I live with my parents. Other then a little more than $10,000 in student loans, I don't have significant debt
-Since I absolutely dread the concept of trading my time for money, I want to have a business that fills a need and that can be automated
-I don't particularly care to have an outlandish lifestyle. I just don't want to worry about my finances, and have time to pursue my hobbies.
-That being said here are some of my materialistic wants :smxB: : Nissan GT-R, a condo in downtown Toronto by the lake, a jet-ski, and the ability to travel 6 times a year
-Non materialistic wants: Start kickboxing on a regular basis, go swimming, play chess, skiing, and learn to do BMX tricks,
I do have a few business ideas, but like MJ says, ideas are just pawns and useless without execution.
I'm very happy that I got on this path at a young age. Before I did my internship, I always thought I'd just get a job that pays 40K once I graduate, and finance an Infinity. This internship really showed me how much I would dislike working in an average office environment, even if it paid well.
Anyways, enough with my rant. I hope this forum will help me to learn and grow as a person and an entrepreneur.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
