The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Real Reasons Why Great Inventors PROSPER.... In Other Words: BECOME GREAT

Marketing, social media, advertising

eTox

Expect success, but prepare to fail.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
I confess...

I was reading through Gary Halbert's BORRON Letters and stumbled upon a thought.

What makes a GREAT inventor GREAT?

I have a few ideas that I'd like to share with you...

Perhaps I'm wrong. But I believe in this: a great inventor is only great if people know of his invention. As I heard somewhere: "there's no reason for your great product to exist if zero people know about it."

It makes me think that all great inventors had the following skills (and traits):

- They really understood the market
- They had a knack for selling

It's only logical that if you're not a student of the markets then it's hard to find the right invention people want and desperately need. If only you could tell what people really need, the problems they are facing and are already buying lot's of solutions for then you could find the product you could take and then improve.

But how do you become a "GREAT" inventor? If people know you and they know the things you've made you could be great.

To translate into current times:

- If you know how to find the problems lot's of people face
- If you can understand the reasons why they buy existing solutions
- If you could improve these existing solutions and source the product yourself
- If you could then efficiently bring awareness to your product
- If you could use effective selling skills to channel market's desire towards your product
- Then you could be a great inventor.

IDK

I feel like I'm stupid (kind off) a little.

What do you guys think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chibbs

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jun 9, 2020
USA
I like this. Logical process.

I would add that the invention doesn't necessarily have to be an improvement on an existing solution. Highly recommend Peter Thiel's book "Zero to One" for putting that concept in my mind.

I have a read a lot on the forum of people looking to make incremental improvements on products. IMO that is a surer way to profits, because the market is proven. Although I would expect larger returns when developing something truly novel.

ExaltedLife

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 10, 2015
I confess...

I was reading through Gary Halbert's BORRON Letters and stumbled upon a thought.

Perhaps I'm wrong. But I believe in this: a great inventor is only great if people know of his invention. As I heard somewhere: "there's no reason for your great product to exist if zero people know about it."

It makes me think that all great inventors had the following skills (and traits):

It's only logical that if you're not a student of the markets then it's hard to find the right invention people want and desperately need. If only you could tell what people really need, the problems they are facing and are already buying lot's of solutions for then you could find the product you could take and then improve.

But how do you become a "GREAT" inventor? If people know you and they know the things you've made you could be great.

- If you could use effective selling skills to channel market's desire towards your product

IDK

What do you guys think?

Not so much. Nikola Tesla didn't know anything about markets, he was just a kid playing with nature.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I confess...

IDK

What do you guys think?
So, how do you define a "great investor"? Is someone who invents something that is financial successful? Someone who invention has great value for mankind -- like cures a disease? Is it someone who has a break through invention that changes everything -- like the wheel or the computer? I think you must -- or at least I must define it before I can answer your question.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.