The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

**The Paint Brush Cover On Shark Tank **

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
Likwid congrats. I have been trying to figure out how to message you from my profile lol. The forum has changed so much since I last messaged someone I have to search for things now. But I did a site audit on your keywords and website. Just wanted you to know I am trying to send you the report as a thank you for all that you share here. Maybe you can go after a few more keywords to spread your reach.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bernieshawn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 14, 2011
Hey Likwid,

Who are you hosted by? If you haven't already, might want to notify your host about the impending traffic surge. Some hosts might freak out and shut you down when they notice a ton of traffic coming in, even if they can technically handle it.

Either way, I think you'll be fine with the Amazon listing coming up in the Google results, most people will probably Google it instead of going straight to the site.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
First off all, Congratulations!!

The most important thing right now is that the site stays up during the show and immedietly after, and then again for west coast airing.

You might want to talk to your web host, just to make sure everything will be ready for a sudden traffic peak.

Genester

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jun 23, 2013
You guys killed it! Congrats. Lori is a great partner for you in my opinion. Best of luck guys!

Berters

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Dec 20, 2013
UK
I'm from the UK so didn't manage to catch it yesterday, but found a cheeky stream I'm going to watch now:

Code:
http://www.thevideo.me/66hu2qm0pkvs

Edit: Awesome guys, well done! Loved that they were almost fighting there ha.

Last edited:

eStan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
May 29, 2013
Just saw it. Awesome job, looks like you guys have a homerun. Must have been tense in there with the sharks.

G

Guest12120

That's the Shark Tank effect!

e2amynuq.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Just saw it : amazing! The exposure from Shark Tank will propel you to new heights. You guys killed it!

Chadi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 19, 2014
I just watched the episode earlier today, congrats on a very well done job!

Sal, I'm a little curious as to what exactly went through your mind (and your partners) when you were pressured by Lori to take the deal? I know that the editing can tell a different story but from what I saw you could have leveraged the 2 remaining sharks' offer to get a better deal through Lori or deal with the other sharks if they get a much better offer. Do you think Lori would have passed up on this deal if you heard from the other two? Did you favor going with Lori from the beginning and you did not want to take a chance?

I'm not trying to take away from your success, I'm merely asking so that we can all learn from your experience if we ever find ourselves in a similar negotiating position ;)

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
Congratulations! :) I have to go see if its up on youtube I missed it yesterday :(

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I just watched the episode earlier today, congrats on a very well done job!

Sal, I'm a little curious as to what exactly went through your mind (and your partners) when you were pressured by Lori to take the deal? I know that the editing can tell a different story but from what I saw you could have leveraged the 2 remaining sharks' offer to get a better deal through Lori or deal with the other sharks if they get a much better offer. Do you think Lori would have passed up on this deal if you heard from the other two? Did you favor going with Lori from the beginning and you did not want to take a chance?

I'm not trying to take away from your success, I'm merely asking so that we can all learn from your experience if we ever find ourselves in a similar negotiating position ;)

I will be interested in Sal's answer. I know in my mind, they might have jeopardized the deal they wanted all along (with Lori) to field other offers. Sharks have been known to withdraw their offers, and if it was Lori you really wanted... I would have closed the deal with her also on the spot. A deal with Lori on this products trumps any other deal, even if it included a little more front money. I would not have risked losing her deal.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
You guys closed the sale.
That is pretty much all there is to it.
Here we are, this is what we do, look at how great it is, wait them out, get the response you want, close.
Cool stuff, I bet Lori was the link for the next step in your biz model.

Nothing but net. ;)

I find it interesting that cuban spotted that you were only offering 5%. He likes a bigger piece, and more control.
Good job, setting the terms.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Your emotional high must be sky rocketing.

So incredibly inspirational. Watching the episode now on that stream.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
congrats guys! well done!

Richie Rich

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 26, 2012
Louisville, KY
Congratulations on your deal Sal! Like Vigilante said, you can't beat Lori's QVC connection; What I was impressed with was your humility; you see some who come to the Shark Tank to pitch and you'd thought they'd invented sliced bread or something, with how arrogant they are. Too many overvalue their product's potential and lose interest from the Sharks rather quickly; but you all were conservative and it worked out great, as Lori gave you four times what you wanted, plus getting the product out into the big stores. I'm so stoked for you and your partners! As Mark Cuban says: "You only have to be right once". Well done!

mowealth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Feb 18, 2014
World Traveler
Well done guys! That was awesome and the deal made it even better! Wishing you all the very best. #Respect :hurray:

wadza

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Nov 8, 2011
Just saw it. Great work! You got double what you were after and an excellent connection. Maybe I'll slip down to bunnings to pick up a paint brush cover!

FreeMan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Nov 26, 2012
NSW, Australia
Congratulations on the awesome deal Sal! You guys knocked it out of the park and your cousin is hilarious.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.