The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Online Mattress War

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
I am buying a mattress for my mom and found that there are a million online mattress companies these days.

It also looks like there are a ton of landing pages posing as review sites.

Does anyone have a good mattress recommendation for a combination back/side sleeper?

I am looking at the Luma, Awara, and Helix mattresses so far, but am not sure.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Tuft and Needle.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I made the mistake of mattress browsing a few months ago. Holy hell their retargeting ads are brutal lol. Most I've ever come across.

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
There was a lot of legal heat on this topic and law suits involving online reviewers and mattress manufacturers/sellers. The suits and counter attacks were about bloggers being biased or even owned by mattress companies and ranking better mattresses lower because they were from the competition. I´m trying to find the legal precedents that are really funny but meanwhile I post these links for you to see.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
There’s actually an entire “movement” to just replace your mattress entirely with thick futons or mats on the floor specifically to relieve back pain. Everyone I know who has done that swears it’s perfect for their back.. but who wants to pick up all that stuff?? Sigh. Once in a while I consider it though.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
There’s actually an entire “movement” to just replace your mattress entirely with thick futons or mats on the floor specifically to relieve back pain. Everyone I know who has done that swears it’s perfect for their back.. but who wants to pick up all that stuff?? Sigh. Once in a while I consider it though.

It has to be good up to a certain age too, no? Getting up from so low.

Then again look at the Japanese doing that, and living past 100. We're doing something wrong. lol

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

I've been sleeping on a futon for over 5 years. Now when I travel and need to sleep on a regular bed I usually sleep worse because I'm afraid I'll fall off it lol. A futon is much more comfortable for me.

It has to be good up to a certain age too, no? Getting up from so low.

Then again look at the Japanese doing that, and living past 100. We're doing something wrong. lol

I'd say it's pretty good for everyone who wants to stay active throughout their entire lives (barring people with bad knees, etc.).

Benji90

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Nov 3, 2019
I'm a mechanic, and had to put up with a terrible mattress for 2 years in a rented house where the landlord said it was fine! Couldn't use a hoover without pulling something in my back and being stiff on the floor for an hour or two.

Anyway, moved into a new place May this year, went all out on a mattress (spent £1300). It's called Mammoth Shine Plus! Took about 3 weeks for my chronic bad back to feel 90% better.

7 months on and I dont even make those old man noises anymore, it also has a 10 year guarantee.

If I were to say one thing about buying a mattress, dont buy online, or if you do make sure you're able to test it out in a store first - spent a few weeks with the missus looking for a decent one.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Unintended Perk of the Online Mattress Boom: Never-Ending Free Trials Unintended Perk of the Online Mattress Boom: Never-Ending Free Trials
Saw this article today. The lengths people go to...

Wife and I have a sleep number. My sleep number is 100. Wife's is a lot softer. It works. I started sleeping on super hard mattresses after I got back from an extended trip to China. I slept amazing on their crazy hard hotel beds.

I don't buy the whole "you spend half of your life on it so make it expensive" narrative though... If you don't have back pain who cares if it is a cheapo?

Last edited:

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
lol yeah I noticed the forum automatically adds the affiliate link...

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
I don't have a recommendation but Lots of fly by night outfits doing white label drop shipping model on this one.

Ended up having paypal reverse the charge for the one we got , website disappeared some months later. Turns out a 40 dollar foam mattress topper is all my wifes back needed.

Buyer beware , the way out of a 100 night money back is that they just never answer any emails or phonecalls.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia