The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Experienced Folks - YouTube, Online Marketing - Starting from ZERO.

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

cuppalatte

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 14, 2024
New here, nice to meet you.

Right - YouTube.

I've been blogging off and on for fun, mainly to friends and family, thinking of shelving this to work on a new side project, with the intention being to make a very small, specific amount of money on the side for now, lets say the goal is the first sale of £10 via an affiliate link, or by building up a YouTube brand (no clue). I did the whole affiliate thing via my old blog, that was fun and I'd like to involve that if I do the YouTube stuff, but thats getting way too ahead of myself at this stage.

The challenge? I'm 27, considering open university for this maybe, but I have no clue where to start, what to learn first etc.
I have an understanding of a specific problem that could be solved, I know my niche, I have the foundations of the idea.

I understand its important to be consistent, and get good at editing videos which I am, also skilled in music production, but as far as business and online marketing goes, where do I start?

Any suggestions, food for thought would be great. I'm reading a few books here and there, but looking for more specific and structured resources for YouTube and marketing, how to build an audience.

Hell, maybe I should even stick to the blog and add videos directly onto the blog and build it - Can you even make money from a blog nowadays?

I have a slight problem with numbers, its basically numbers dyslexia, so I really am struggling to understand the whole advert campaigns when it comes to measuring, my learning is very scattered. Also, anyone that would be willing to connect over phone call or video would be great, helps with the accountability side of things.

Cheers and merry Thursday.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mindsetmary

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 10, 2024
Ottawa, Canada

Right - YouTube.

I've been blogging off and on for fun, mainly to friends and family, thinking of shelving this to work on a new side project, with the intention being to make a very small, specific amount of money on the side for now, lets say the goal is the first sale of £10 via an affiliate link, or by building up a YouTube brand (no clue). I did the whole affiliate thing via my old blog, that was fun and I'd like to involve that if I do the YouTube stuff, but thats getting way too ahead of myself at this stage.

The challenge? I'm 27, considering open university for this maybe, but I have no clue where to start, what to learn first etc.
I have an understanding of a specific problem that could be solved, I know my niche, I have the foundations of the idea.

I understand its important to be consistent, and get good at editing videos which I am, also skilled in music production, but as far as business and online marketing goes, where do I start?

Any suggestions, food for thought would be great. I'm reading a few books here and there, but looking for more specific and structured resources for YouTube and marketing, how to build an audience.

Hell, maybe I should even stick to the blog and add videos directly onto the blog and build it - Can you even make money from a blog nowadays?

I have a slight problem with numbers, its basically numbers dyslexia, so I really am struggling to understand the whole advert campaigns when it comes to measuring, my learning is very scattered. Also, anyone that would be willing to connect over phone call or video would be great, helps with the accountability side of things.

I am currently in Evan Carmichael's mastermind, he trains and partners with YouTube consultants who manage some of the biggest names out there in the personal development space that have millions of subscribers on YT. I have access to his Brandlytics software which basically helps you optimize your channel and do A/B testing, identify if your thumbnails or video titles need changing, etc. (I personally haven't done any of this but most of the YouTubers on the call are running multiple tests and optimizing their channels).

He also teaches how to rank high on the suggested/explorer pages among other things. You don't need to be part of his mastermind to have access to all of this, he hosts a Brandlytics call every other Thursday where YouTubers meet with him and does content breakdowns for their channels (his own channel is almost at 3.75M or so) and he provides access to his software. I am not sure about what the cost is for all of this as it's included as part of my mastermind but it's worth exploring if you end up going in this direction. You can also check out his IG profile "Brandylitics" if you want to see the YouTubers channels that he is helping.

Also, I learned yesterday that people who struggle with math have something called Dyscalculia: Dyscalculia - Wikipedia so if you struggle with numbers, it's not your fault! ;)

Hope that helps and good luck!!! =)

Mindsetmary

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 10, 2024
Ottawa, Canada

Right - YouTube.

Also forgot to mention, you can make money blogging if you are using the Substack platform, someone I know doesn't have a very large subscribership and he's making around 1K/month just as a side hustle. I have another friend who has about 160,000 subscribers, I think there is a lot of upside on that platform, you may wish to also explore it if you enjoy blogging!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.